What's new

Things are really bad after 21 days lockdown announcement

Partaap, some mod gotta send you in quarantine for a fortnight

No, no, no... the good Indians have the right to feel free and express their feelings/thoughts... let it be... boxing won't change it... let it all blossom!

A BraveNewWorld ... the War against the Heavens...

In the time of distress and disease, I consider it my humble duty to cheer some bhakts up.

To all sanghis on this board

In Australia, basic things are available but after some struggle. There is no rice, flour, sugar, toilet papers, edible oil, pasta, noodles and food items which can be stored for days. Milk and bread too are rationed.

Now I am speaking of Australia where everything is abundant - but in India - I cannot imagine what will happen to food items when they know shops are definitely closed for 21 days, and perhaps longer than that - but on 22nd day its not going to be normal either. Once the supply chains are broken, they take a long time to restore. We may be speaking of another 2-3 weeks.

Wow. Mere abbu aj Chicken Tikka pieces laye the. Kal hum ghr pe Chicken Tikka khayenge
Yaar tu Yaad na Dila.. I did not had chicken since last 10 days and 21 more days to go.. :(..

I left Mumbai on 21st Morning by personal car and reached home safe. I am under self Home quarantine..
even villages facing heavy crackdown on crowds..:sniper:

Come on... good Indians... it is just life... from Cradle to Grave .... it is just a Waltz.. play it... live it... chin up!

You shall survive it!

As soon as Modi's speech was over I started phone calls and messages asking me to stock up essential supplies for next 21 days.

So I went to buy groceries. There were huge queues outside shops. One supermarket had half a kilometre queue.
Police has blocked some roads and very lathicharging some commuters.
One lady went bonkers and was talking to herself and hurling abuses towards everyone. I returned home without buying anything. As I did not want to catch Coronavirus standing in the queue

I had witnessed demonetization fiasco, that wasn't even any near the panic created by this move.

The government did not explain what they meant by complete lockdown. And people have assumed that even essential goods shops will remain closed for the next 21 days and this has led widespread panic and some kind of mass hysteria.

Some people are going to lose their mind over the next 21 days. I feel like this is worse than dying of Coronavirus.

Edit: It also started drizzling after the speech. After I came home the power supply also went off. And the phone lines were busy and couldn't make calls. Ache din are here!

Although I disagree with you mostly... but yes, they should have informed people about the lockdown...

One of my friend's 6 month old daughter drink packaged milk (powder) only... and it is left for 4/5 days only...
In most of the homes max to max 10 days (I'm very generous with the number of days) ration is available... as month end is near by...

Most troubling part is PROFITEERING...

In Australia, basic things are available but after some struggle. There is no rice, flour, sugar, toilet papers, edible oil, pasta, noodles and food items which can be stored for days. Milk and bread too are rationed.

Now I am speaking of Australia where everything is abundant - but in India - I cannot imagine what will happen to food items when they know shops are definitely closed for 21 days, and perhaps longer than that - but on 22nd day its not going to be normal either. Once the supply chains are broken, they take a long time to restore. We may be speaking of another 2-3 weeks.

You are being optimistic.

Home duties roster is slowly taking shape.

Washing the vessels - me

Cooking - wife

Washing own plates and cutlery - every member

Watering the garden - eldest

Taking the trash out - eldest

Feeding the dogs - eldest n youngest

Helping mother with clothes - middle

Petrol/diesel/medicines/perishables - me (doctor pass)

Still haven't figured out sweeping n swabbing

My compound is like a Hollywood post apocalyptic movie. Zero tenants and small business owners. Streets are silent. Crows and parrots and squirrels running around the trees.

I now realise why rural folk have more kids. Even a 12 year old is useful.

Things will hopefully settle down and 21 days to a few months later we will have a society less reliant on outside help and more economical and less wasteful and more self sufficient.

Yes, I am 42 years old in three more days.

I don't think anarchy will be there as long as essentials are available. However, anarchy is possible in some places but it won't be widespread.

Trust me people have really stocked up rations. It is only as an additional backup that they are now roaming now and so their stocks don't deplete.
Trust u,,,r u kidding.
Why is it so difficult for good Indians like u to appreciate the fact that a significant portion of the population cannot stock up for more thn 2 days let alone 2months.
Yes law n order situation is bound to degrade as many good n responsible citizens like u have stocked up emptying the stores in ur buying frenzy.
Just like how masks are nowhere to be found,,,,our good responsible citizens have bought off all the available n95masks,,,,despite knowing tht it shud be left for health professionals,,n now there is severe scarcity of those.

Things are unimaginably bad for poor people... Although Chinese Wuhan virus is worst...

Yaar tu Yaad na Dila.. I did not had chicken since last 10 days and 21 more days to go.. :(..

I left Mumbai on 21st Morning by personal car and reached home safe. I am under self Home quarantine..
even villages facing heavy crackdown on crowds..:sniper:

Array Bhai: Koyi chalta phirta kukkarh mohallay say pakarh lo.:lol::lol::lol:

Chicken is available at INR 40/Kg at my place... but no buyer...

Come on... good Indians... it is just life... from Cradle to Grave .... it is just a Waltz.. play it... live it... chin up!

You shall survive it!

"Zindagani ki haqeeqat kohkun kay dil say poochh
Joo e sheer o taisha o sung e giraan hae zindagi"
(Iqbal)
upload_2020-3-25_15-12-17.png

Trust u,,,r u kidding.
Why is it so difficult for good Indians like u to appreciate the fact that a significant portion of the population cannot stock up for more thn 2 days let alone 2months.
Yes law n order situation is bound to degrade as many good n responsible citizens like u have stocked up emptying the stores in ur buying frenzy.
Just like how masks are nowhere to be found,,,,our good responsible citizens have bought off all the available n95masks,,,,despite knowing tht it shud be left for health professionals,,n now there is severe scarcity of those.
Who is kidding?
What universe are you living in?

In India, every monthly earner will buy their monthly provisions in the first week of every month and you say that no one buys more than 2 days. Come on man, even a kid argues better.

Back
Top Bottom