What's new

Things are really bad after 21 days lockdown announcement

As soon as Modi's speech was over I started phone calls and messages asking me to stock up essential supplies for next 21 days.

So I went to buy groceries. There were huge queues outside shops. One supermarket had half a kilometre queue.
Police has blocked some roads and very lathicharging some commuters.
One lady went bonkers and was talking to herself and hurling abuses towards everyone. I returned home without buying anything. As I did not want to catch Coronavirus standing in the queue

I had witnessed demonetization fiasco, that wasn't even any near the panic created by this move.

The government did not explain what they meant by complete lockdown. And people have assumed that even essential goods shops will remain closed for the next 21 days and this has led widespread panic and some kind of mass hysteria.

Some people are going to lose their mind over the next 21 days. I feel like this is worse than dying of Coronavirus.

Edit: It also started drizzling after the speech. After I came home the power supply also went off. And the phone lines were busy and couldn't make calls. Ache din are here!

So what did you end up buying?

I saw the packet of oats and smiled. While looking for a large bottle of coffee I had got from Germany I discovered another hidden treasure ... an unopened 2 kilo packet of Quaker Oats! Value pack.

Porridge ensured (strict rationing) for lockdown!

Life's small pleasures man ....

I should have more oats in my stash.

What I miss the most is good coffee.. Hard to get it in my locality these days. Maybe I will try the 24/7 store early morning.

Yeah, I'm kinda scared too. If a delivery person is infected, he'll be distributing Corona around the state. I decided not to get help, and eat rice and wheat for the month. Enough for me.

I'm leaning towards the same.

I'm now kicking myself for not including some variety like kale channe also with the survival rations we stocked last week.

Yellow dal can get boring pretty quickly.

I should have more oats in my stash.

What I miss the most is good coffee.. Hard to get it in my locality these days. Maybe I will try the 24/7 store early morning.

As luck would have it, my special Coorg roast just got over (Peaberry and Plantation, which I alternate depending on my mood).

Now is the time all those fancy coffee packets from hotels I've stashed away are going to come in use.

No eyerolling by my millennials now ...

As luck would have it, my special Coorg roast just got over (Peaberry and Plantation, which I alternate depending on my mood).

Now is the time all those fancy coffee packets from hotels I've stashed away are going to come in use.

No eyerolling by my millennials now ...
Go easy on the coffee, it increases anxiety

Back
Top Bottom