What's new

They prefer boys in Afghanistan-RT Documentary

LOL india is the biggest rapist nation. F*** off back to your slum and make your country a better place.
However you can not improve with the caste system.

@Slav Defence look the language being thanked by think tanks. These are the same people who hand otu negatives to Indians by the hundreds.

@waz this is what I meant. The thread is full of generalisations and abuse and when called out this is the response I get and it is thanked by your think tank. This IS promotion by the forum. Accept what you are.

It is a cultural thing that the Afghan society and the Pakistani society needs to deal with internally. Being an ally does not mean you interfere in each others domestic issues.

I mean imagine Pakistan going up to China and telling them, hey we are allies, so stop eating pork cause it is Haram. See how stupid that sounds?

My point was, that this disease of Bachabaazi is just as prevalent in the North Western regions of Pakistan as it is in Afghanistan.

You are directly supporting this practice in Afghanistan by supporting the so called "commanders" of ANA and ANP who are serial child molesters

ruthless2jpg.jpeg.size.custom.crop.1086x725.jpg

Will you trust your child with this 'ally' of yours ?

@Slav Defence look the language being thanked by think tanks. These are the same people who hand otu negatives to Indians by the hundreds.

@waz this is what I meant. The thread is full of generalisations and abuse and when called out this is the response I get and it is thanked by your think tank. This IS promotion by the forum. Accept what you are.

Haha. It is funny how you Indians shamelessly act as the victim when you instigated the matter in the first place. And this is a regular thing with all Indians, as if malice is built into the character of Indians.

Haha. It is funny how you Indians shamelessly act as the victim when you instigated the matter in the first place. And this is a regular thing with all Indians, as if malice is built into the character of Indians.

You are a straight faced liar. Shamlessness is your national character it seems. The thread is about a social issue in afghanistan that also exists in parts of pakistan, and it is full of abuse for afghans and indians too. Why indians i dont know, because this place is full of shameless liars like u?

I only highlighted why a social issue is being used to abuse a nationality. Response thanked by think tanks - more abuse based on social issues this time with profanity.

This is the level of this forum. After all, this is a Pakistan forum. A fruit never falls far from the tree.

A lot of these jihadi types have a sick obsession with kids, little prepubescent kids even.

It's disgusting.

My point was, that this disease of Bachabaazi is just as prevalent in the North Western regions of Pakistan as it is in Afghanistan.

No its not, bacha bazi is shunned. In afghanistan they pick up kids and make them in to hijras till they get older. Teach them how to dance like girls and make up etc

That doesn't happen anywhere in Pakistan otherwise media would have picked up.

Please refer to the video that was posted in this thread, "Pakistan's hidden shame". You will know just how prevalent this is in Pakistan's north western regions. They might not be making them dress up as girl, or making them dance, but these so called "men" are still raping those boys.

Just mindlessly calling the Afghans name and pointing fingers at them is not going to wish this issue away.

Sexual abuse of kids happen in India as well. I was talking about bacha bazi culture which is afghani trait where they pick kids and make them in to hijras.

What happened to nation of Lut A.S comes to mind. Afghans may also be facing wrath of god due to their actions. Afghans mostly do such hideous things with racial discrimination.

I am not talking about random sexual abuse. I am talking about organized rackets, refer to the above mentioned video and you will know. As the opening line of the documentary said, "Pakistan is also a country in denial".

Yes sexual abuse happen but bacha bazi culture doesn't exist in Pakistan as far as I know. In Afghanistan ironically transgenders are persecuted and killed, some of them live in Pakistan as refugees. But at the same time picking up young kids and teach them to dance and make up is accepted.

Transgender Refugees In Pakistan Fear Death Upon Return Home To Afghanistan
“I don’t want to go back to Afghanistan to get butchered.”

Umer Ali Refugees Deeply

5887d6821c00002e00d940f0.jpeg

ZESHAN ALI
People protest against the sexual assault of transgender people in Islamabad, Pakistan.
In the third part of Refugees Deeply’s “Return to Afghanistan” series, Umer Ali meets transgender refugees who fear that being forced to leave Pakistan amounts to a death sentence.

PESHAWAR, PAKISTAN – You cannot talk to Gulalai in the language of her adopted country. Despite living in Pakistan for the past 17 years, she has been unable to properly learn Urdu and remains confined to her native Pashto. As a member of the transgender community, language is just one of the barriers she faces.

“I never learned Urdu because I rarely go out of the small world we have created for ourselves [to stay safe],” she says in Pashto.

Gulalai left Afghanistan when she was only eight years old. Now a shy 25-year-old, she speaks only when spoken to.

Whatever the constraints of her life in Pakistan, she is certain that it offers a better future than her birth country, to which Pakistan is coercing waves of former refugees to return.

Only fragments of memory remain from Gulalai’s childhood somewhere in the suburbs of the capital, Kabul. She was born a boy but realized as a small child that she was meant to be a girl. Her parents were determined she would grow up to be a “man,” and when she failed to live up to this, they beat her.

The punishments were harsh and relentless. Aged eight, she found the courage to run away. From Kabul she made her way to Jalalabad, where she found some protection from others in what we would now know as the transgender community.

All that is left from her family memories are some pain and wistful thoughts of her lost younger brother. She remembers him having a limp, but cannot recall his name. “I always wonder what happened to him,” she says.

Once in Pakistan, she was introduced to someone she was told was a guru – an elder in the transgender community – who took her in. Like so many trans youngsters, she grew into one of the only professions open to her, that of a dancer.

“Most of the transgender people are either thrown out or run away from their homes at an early age,” says Farzana Jan, a transgender activist whose home in Peshawar is a meeting point for the community. One of the leaders of rights group Trans Action Alliance, based in the capital of KP (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) province, she explains the bind that Gulalai and others are in: “They neither get formal education nor any professional training. So they can’t get into a profession deemed respectable by the rest of society.”

Among those who do not become dancers, Farzana says, many find work on Dalazak Road, Peshawar’s red-light district. Dancers are in demand for public events such as weddings, and Gulalai remembers how she shook with fear on her first outings.

“I realized that I would have to dance in order to survive because my guru expected me to earn money. We are often teased, groped and abused by men.”

However, even this precarious life is now under threat.

Pakistan is determined to send Afghan refugees back, after a string of terror attacks blamed on Afghan insurgents. Many Afghans face police harassment in Pakistan and have elected reluctantly to return. But even this option is complicated for Gulalai.

“I’m neither an Afghan national nor a Pakistani national,” she says, her face wrinkling into tears.

5887d7022900002700dd1816.jpeg

UMER ALI
Gulalai, 25, a transgender Afghan living in Pakistan, covers her face to protect her identity.
Gulalai’s estrangement from her family means she has no record of her birth or paperwork to support her Afghan citizenship. Unable to prove her Afghan nationality, she has not been registered by authorities in Pakistan as a refugee.

When a deadline was announced for Afghans to leave Pakistan, many transgender refugees turned to Farzana Jan for help and advice. “I told them I would try my best, but even then, I knew I couldn’t do much,” she says.

Life without papers is claustrophobic for Gulalai. She cannot travel to other cities without an I.D. card to show at the security checkpoints; this also prevents her from something as straightforward as having a cellphone registered in her name.

“I can’t have a SIM [card] in my name because I’m not registered in the Pakistani government’s database.”

Gulalai shudders at the notion of going back to Afghanistan. Like all members of the trans community, she has heard the horrific tales of violence in the country of her childhood.

“We have received several videos of violence against the transgender community in Afghanistan,” says Farzana. “In many areas of Afghanistan, the body parts of transgender people are chopped off before they are killed.”

She relates the story of one transgender Afghan refugee who left Pakistan three years ago. “She started dancing at weddings in Jalalabad [in eastern Afghanistan], but was soon arrested by the police because it’s forbidden to do so.”

“She’s still stuck in an Afghan jail where she’s forced to live in the men’s section, often getting harassed and abused.”

The U.N. refugee agency (UNHCR), which is facilitating the return of hundreds of thousands of Afghan refugees from Pakistan, has faced criticism for legitimizing what critics say amounts to forced returns.

Duniya Aslam Khan, the UNHCR spokesperson in Pakistan, says the agency is aware of fears among the Afghan trans community and would make them a priority: “Transgender people are more than welcome to contact us to discuss their issues. We understand their issues and are very sensitive toward them.”

Trans Action Alliance says they have repeatedly approached the UNHCR for help in registering stateless transgender refugees, but received no response.

Gulalai’s fears are shared by Sapna, a 22-year-old transgender Afghan who identifies as male, who came to Pakistan with his parents in the 1980s. Sapna is a self-taught tailor and embroiderer, but has struggled to find work in Peshawar.

He says that he survives thanks to the close bonds of the trans community, some of whom bring their clothes to him to repair. Like Gulalai, Sapna is stateless – a citizen of neither Pakistan nor Afghanistan.

“In other countries, if you were born and lived there for 10 years you could acquire their nationality but not in Pakistan,” he complains. “I don’t want to go back to Afghanistan and get butchered there. I would prefer to be punished by the Pakistani government.”

Amna Nasir contributed to this report. This article originally appeared on RefugeesDeeply. For weekly updates and analysis about refugee issues, you can sign up to the Refugees Deeply email list.

MORE:

I am so shaken, i just watched it now, just want to remove that memory.

When i opened youtube video , at the bottom in description it was written that due to strict traditions in Afghanistan women are not allowed to go out and engage in flesh trade, so to make up for that they hire young men, but in case of sodoms and gomorah ,they were known to go after men despite being able to afford wives.

Is it really that due to absence of female flesh trade industry they are doing this or they are just addicted to men? Could there be a solution to this?

Secondly, what really strikes me is on one hand the documentary says men engage in this heinous crime because they are poor and cant afford wives, also as there are no dance parties involving women ; on the other hand they say this heinous industry is supported by high ranking government officials (who obviously would be earning well to atleast take a wife)... What it suggests? Poverty or addiction?

I dont think there are many such cases like that, some were used to lure afghans ,and those boys were actually suicide bombers.
Most of these people are wealthy and bacha baazi is a tradition of Afghan culture, study it more buddy.

Pederasty is old... ancient Romans and Greeks practiced it.

It's shameful, and something Pakistan and Afghanistan need to work on.

THAT SAID... I doubt it's more than 1% of the population that practices it.

this is Afghan... stupid gay people .. they will spread diseases HIV and other like Hepatitis ... all over the world.. in end they will rot in hell.. AstaghfirAllah..

How about this: Let's not generalize this vile practice to all Afghans, but mostly uneducated and tribal parts of the country do this today and they are a minority.

I agree that we shouldnt generalize nations and people within but I wouldnt be too sure about the uneducated part.

"Level of literacy or illiteracy, however, is not a major factor in the prevalence of Bacha Bazi. This is because it is quite common among the literate and even those with higher education."
http://www.aihrc.org.af/home/research-reports/3324

This denotes essentially that this practise is engrained in culture. For example there have been quite a few incidents reported in Sweden of Afghan refugees raping Swedish boys or other Afghan refugee boys. No other refugee/emigrant group (Syrians, Iranians, Pakistans etc) engage in this act (there may be isolated incidents but I have never read about a wide spread engagement in raping young boys from any other community).

"En oktobernatt sökte de fem pojkarna i övre tonåren upp en pojke under 15 år. De slog i huvudet och på kroppen, höll för hans mun och tvingade in honom i ett skogsparti i stadsdelen Gottsunda. Där våldtog de honom – samtidigt som en av dem höll i en kniv och dödshotade honom."
(One October night, the five boys in their upper teenage's caught up with a 15 year boy (Swedish). They beat him in the head and body, covered his mouth and carried him over into the forest in the city district of Gottsunda. There they raped him one by one - whilst the others held a knife to his head and threatened to kill him"
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/gruppvaldtakten-i-uppsala-inte-unik/

"To drenge i 15-års alderen, begge fra Afghanistan er anholdt og mistænkt for voldtægt af en anden uledsaget flygtningedreng.

Voldtægten er sket mandag på det asylhjem i Alvesta i Småland, hvor alle tre drenge boede.
To drenge i 15-års alderen, begge fra Afghanistan er anholdt og mistænkt for voldtægt af en anden uledsaget flygtningedreng."
(Two 15 year olds Afghan refugees raped another Afghan refugee living with them in Alvesta, Småland. The two are already under suspicion of having raped another refugee child.)
http://denkorteavis.dk/2016/uledsagede-flygtningedrenge-anholdes-for-grov-voldtaegt/

The point is, there is a culture present here. Child pedophilia exists in all countries. We will find examples in Pakistan, India, Iran etc. However nowhere is it culturally engrained. It is up to the Afghan government to do something about this culture (and I believe they were supposed to pass some law against Bacha Bazi earlier this year, dont know if they have). How successful will it be against a centuries old practise? Remains to be seen.

You are a straight faced liar. Shamlessness is your national character it seems. The thread is about a social issue in afghanistan that also exists in parts of pakistan, and it is full of abuse for afghans and indians too. Why indians i dont know, because this place is full of shameless liars like u?

I only highlighted why a social issue is being used to abuse a nationality. Response thanked by think tanks - more abuse based on social issues this time with profanity.

This is the level of this forum. After all, this is a Pakistan forum. A fruit never falls far from the tree.

Aww you Hindustanis have such a shameful habit of crying and acting the victim. You were trying to score a political point and since this bacha bazi is rampant in the Northern Alliance which your Hindustani government supports, and you two faced Hindustanis are defending over here, it is understandable why people are calling you out for your criminal behavior in Afghanistan.

If you do get an education someday, please check the history of the Taliban, who rose up against this government exactly against the bacha bazi of the people who were in government then and are ruling with the help of Hindustan right now.

Your own duplicity is also highlighted by the fact that you Hindustanis have a national fixation of declaring all Pakistanis as terrorists. Isn't that problem being used to abuse a nationality? Have you ever seen or tried to fix your problems?

But the thing is that you have been so thoroughly brainwashed which, along with your natural pettiness, cannot let you see the truth. The fact is that even though this is a Pakistani forum, we do allow you to speak no matter what garbage you spill out. We do not smother the voice of opposition like how you terrorize and abuse your own people for who have a dissenting opinion. We do not blind you with pellets and kill you for demanding your rights. We do not beat and kill you for the allegation of possessing beef. You can keep yelling falsehoods but Hindustan has only succeeded in fooling its own people. And the rotten apple doesn't all very far from the poisonous Hindustani tree.

Back
Top Bottom