What's new

'They don't fire at terrorists': Mother of teen on bike killed in Delhi

The entire biking community in India is abuzz with this.

may that bastard police man also lose one of his own one day in similar circumstances.
I think we need to get real. These bike mobs have become a nuisance to the citizens of Delhi, blocking traffic, screaming at the top of their voices, throwing stones at women and police, and indulging in all sorts of activities dangerous to life and limb.

They had been warned several times in the past by the police but they paid no heed and thought themselves to be heroes straight out of Bollywood. There is no sense of discipline nor do these gangs abide by the law.

As citizens of this country they must know their responsibilities and adhere to the law of the land. Such people must be made to pay for their 'crimes'.

However, the police could have used other methods than firing live rounds at the bikers. Rubber bullets would have been better, or tear gas, or putting up barricades on the roads and so on. This was use of excessive force which is unacceptable any way one looks at it.

Others apprehended by the police must not be given bail and should be punished so they don't act like heroes again.

I think we need to get real. These bike mobs have become a nuisance to the citizens of Delhi, blocking traffic, screaming at the top of their voices, throwing stones at women and police, and indulging in all sorts of activities dangerous to life and limb.

They had been warned several times in the past by the police but they paid no heed and thought themselves to be heroes straight out of Bollywood. There is no sense of discipline nor do these gangs abide by the law.

As citizens of this country they must know their responsibilities and adhere to the law of the land. Such people must be made to pay for their 'crimes'.

However, the police could have used other methods than firing live rounds at the bikers. Rubber bullets would have been better, or tear gas, or putting up barricades on the roads and so on. This was use of excessive force which is unacceptable any way one looks at it.

Others apprehended by the police must not be given bail and should be punished so they don't act like heroes again.

The police are supposed to uphold the law and due process. If these gangs are a menace, then the police has been failing to do its job.

Catch the guys. Put them in jail. Put pressure on families and school, college, office. Give them a few solid whacks, dandas. Put them into community service. Confiscate their licenses and bikes.

What is the solution of taking out your gun and shooting a kid dead? Is this any justification?

India is more dangerous than I thought. Besides just all the rapes, there are police brutalities and bike gangs like hells angel.

Don't worry section 377 has been struck down by Indian courts. You won't be brutalized by Indian Police.

The police are supposed to uphold the law and due process. If these gangs are a menace, then the police has been failing to do its job.

Catch the guys. Put them in jail. Put pressure on families and school, college, office. Give them a few solid whacks, dandas. Put them into community service. Confiscate their licenses and bikes.

What is the solution of taking out your gun and shooting a kid dead? Is this any justification?

May the policeman is influenced by what Amitabh Bachan said in Force 1 Commercial ..." India Mein Sirf Foce He Chalta Hain".

Agreed to you bold part. But all over our country how many people follow traffic rules.They need to tackle this without openly firing. Now if police starts shooting for rash driving very soon India's population will reduce to 600 million.

No disagreement here! But all of our reactions are based on big IF.

What has happened is very unfortunate and cannot be reversed. We can understand reaction from his family and media (well known for sensationalize issues).

We all agree that we do not have rights to call dead person as nuisance and it might not be appropriate. Similarly how can we call Police irresponsible? Since we do not know sequence of events it would be better to keep opinions to our self, express condolences and wait for the real picture to immerge.

delhi police is incompetent.

you mean that they can't track and arrest these amteur bikers???
what was the need to shoot a kid???
i mean they have walky talkies.they should have contacted others and had them road barricaded but no instead they shoot this kid.

kids mom is right they sh8t there pants when it comes to neutralizing terrorists but they suddenly become courageous when it comes to beating innocent old people at ramlila maidan and ladies protesting peacefully at india gate.

delhi police is the most incompetence police force in the world.

I would agree with this and RIP to the biker. The use of force must be in proportion and within the law.

A loss is always a matter of regret..But I support police's action against these bikers..Road rage is a common in every major city(and some tv programs indulge it,which try to make it looks like a heroic act.if they are so addicted with it,why don't they take part in Grand Prix motorcycle racing??never saw any of this fool in this kind of competition..F**king morons)..even in kolkata,a lot of accident happened due to these fools..harsh driving should be stopped and punished.but what course police took here is wrong.they should never fire on civilians.by the way,I read in another newspaper that police fired in self defence when this large mob threw stones towards police and thats what killed this boy..is it true??

Bikers have become a problem in Delhi
Though I don't support this kind of action but something was required to stop all this

Ab saree aukad pe ajayenge

So... there's going to be judicial probe or CBI enquiry into this? Then again... what am I thinking? Deceased is not a high level terror suspect like Ishrat Jahan or the ones involved in Batla House encounter. Justice is only reserved to anti-nationals under Congressi rule.

Whats people want from Police. If they works then Police is brutual & if didn't work then its incompetent. The guy's parents didn't aware that what are there kids doing on late night with racer bikes. There are loud hue & cry in earlier for terrorism created by these biker gangs in late night.
Police officer charged for why he spare other guys. Shoot bullet on their head. They are future terrorists. It is very rare I praise the police. Good job by Delhi Police.

My opinion the Biker boys would quit if the police lathi charged, i mean nobody is that stubborn to persist,i know from personal experience.But firing man that's overboard.As i know the policewallahs throw lathis as missiles against bikers or riders infact they first close and funnel both sides so they can catch the persons if they miss they have 3-4 constables with lathis to bash them.This must have been a case where the boys challenged the police inspector in legal terms and he got pissed off fired when those kids were driving away.Guess kids need to wear a kevlar vest from today onwards. ;)

A loss is always a matter of regret..But I support police's action against these bikers..Road rage is a common in every major city(and some tv programs indulge it,which try to make it looks like a heroic act.if they are so addicted with it,why don't they take part in Grand Prix motorcycle racing??never saw any of this fool in this kind of competition..F**king morons)..even in kolkata,a lot of accident happened due to these fools..harsh driving should be stopped and punished.but what course police took here is wrong.they should never fire on civilians.by the way,I read in another newspaper that police fired in self defence when this large mob threw stones towards police and thats what killed this boy..is it true??

My friend, are there many racetracks in india where a kid with talent gets to show off his skills or fine tune them?Forget bikes , what about shooting sports?There are scarce facilities.

they thrown stones at police , it was mob of 150 bikers , it's sad incident but good for stubborn Bikers a lesson . Even Police will take this matter seriously now.

Back
Top Bottom