What's new

These numbers show why U.S. policy makers are misjudging popular support for China’s government

Of course people who were living impoverished for a LONG time and are now seeing what living in a modern world feels like are not going to be angry about it.

What they should be angry about is why it took their government so long to do it. This should have happened in the 1950’s not 2000. Why is China LAST after Taiwan, Korea, and Japan?
because China didn't have access to FDI like Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. It was also much poorer as well.

and then there's the difference in size both in terms of population and land. being larger means being less agile but also means a higher potential. also korean war happened during the 1950s

because China didn't have access to FDI like Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. It was also much poorer as well.

Japan's cities were already pretty modern before the War but like China today if you go to the rural areas it wasn't so pleasant.
Tokyo and Rural Japan in 1939

Last edited:
Of course people who were living impoverished for a LONG time and are now seeing what living in a modern world feels like are not going to be angry about it.

What they should be angry about is why it took their government so long to do it. This should have happened in the 1950’s not 2000. Why is China LAST after Taiwan, Korea, and Japan?
India is not even there yet... I wonder why Modi is not lynched yet. Hahah

Japan's cities were already pretty modern before the War but like China today if you go to the rural areas it wasn't so pleasant.
Tokyo and Rural Japan in 1939

Why dont we talk about India or Vietnam... Japan however we hate them is still a role model like the Koreans and Singaporeans, notice how they are all East Asians?

I don't think USA is misjudging China.

It's politics.

Because they know the truth, that is why they are like that.

Why dont we talk about India or Vietnam... Japan however we hate them is still a role model like the Koreans and Singaporeans, notice how they are all East Asians?

Well maybe decades from now they will be singing some proud tune about being modern and having a median income of $10K and then you’ll be like me saying “What took you so long???”. They’ll reply “Well the modern world didn’t start until 2040 anyways so we didn’t miss much and...” Then you roll your eyes..

Last edited:
Well maybe decades from now they will be singing some proud tune about being modern and having a median income of $10K and then you’ll be like me saying “What took you so long???”. They’ll reply “Well the modern world didn’t start until 2040 anyways so we didn’t miss much and...” Then you roll your eyes..
That's an IF they get there. Lol.

you know china was being embargoed by rest of the world, especially the US, up until 1970s right, right before china open up in the 80s.

No, Europe stopped in 1957 (1950-1957) the US continued until 1972.

without US it's essentially without rest of the world. All currency are conducted by US dollars, so Europe stops in 1957 is more symbolic, since nothing at the time can transact through US banking system anyway, so trading between China and Europe is practically non-existent. Both Europe and US traded more with Taiwan than mainland china.

without US it's essentially without rest of the world. All currency are conducted by US dollars, so Europe stops in 1957 is more symbolic, since nothing at the time can transact through US banking system anyway, so trading between China.

This is 1957 not 1997. Things were not that way back then.

Last edited:
Stop it. They were fine.

1952 The once bombed out London 7 years after the War ended.

France 1950s

Berlin 1955
Ok. However even if official embargo stopped, Eastern Europe won't invest in any country still embargoed by the U.S.

"Opening up" is not a "Les't go-here" trip.
Only when I think I can do it will I implement the plan.
This at least includes: basic industrial system, self-control of agriculture, and national defense system. All work together.
SP2012 has been "free and open", but to this day it is still: Without a complete industrial system, Weapons can only buy backward equipment globally. Even unable to complete their own territory's power supply. There are many more examples.

Back
Top Bottom