What's new

The World's Most Advanced Fighter Jets face each other in U.S skies.

LOL That's another thing altogether to be honest. Since the Iraq/Afghanistan war fiasco Western powers are very wary of engaging in any other full scale war with boots on the ground overseas (even when its justified and sanctioned by the UN). The public backlash alone will be huge. Just look at Syrian Strikes debate in our parliament(we are not even talking of a ground invasion).lol

Well the first Desert Storm was actually largely supported by the western world and in fact both the KSA and Iran were in support. The problem is when forces initiated internal interventionism as in social engineering processes. That will ultimately lead to failure especially in this part of the world. Why in fact the British tried this a century and a half prior; it didnt' go too well did it my English friend?

Yea agree i thought it was only me but... i noticed it after downing of russian jet by turkey

LOL In those threads, i hardly even saw Russian members here engaging in inflammatory remarks/debates/insults, unlike the Chinese/Indian cheerleaders who got so woke up by that incident you will think for one minute it was their country.:lol:

LOL In those threads, i hardly even saw Russian members here engaging in inflammatory remarks/debates/insults, unlike the Chinese/Indian cheerleaders who got so woke up by that incident you will think for one minute it was their country.:lol:

Russians are cool headed lot, in general. They are calm, reticent, but do not let their calm demeanor conceal their nature. When push comes to shove, they will pulverize the enemy into a pulp. The Red Army pulverized Berlin and broke the very back of the Wermacht.

Russian soldiers and technology may not look 'spick and span' , may not look 'high tech', may even look and seem crude. But they make up for it through their shear fire power, and long term determination.

Do not ever underestimate the Russians.

Russians are cool headed lot, in general. They are calm, reticent, but do not let their calm demeanor conceal their nature.

But they make up for it through their shear fire power, and long term determination.

Hmm, reminds me of a certain people:

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Hmm, reminds me of a certain people:

There are two nations that Japanese greatly respect , due to history of war; the Russians and the Americans.

But there is a positive aspects of Russia in that tho they may be the geopolitical rival of the West and Nato, they are a force that is almost predictable (due to positive rapport between Russian people and Westerners). Better a rival whom you are acquainted with than with those you are not (ISIS/ DAESH/ Terrorists). Russia , despite geopolitics, have a code of honor. They have the power to glass the world 10 times over (like the US), but they do not. They are restrained , rooted.

There are plenty of potential for collaboration with Russia.

Russians are cool headed lot, in general. They are calm, reticent, but do not let their calm demeanor conceal their nature. When push comes to shove, they will pulverize the enemy into a pulp. The Red Army pulverized Berlin and broke the very back of the Wermacht.

Russian soldiers and technology may not look 'spick and span' , may not look 'high tech', may even look and seem crude. But they make up for it through their shear fire power, and long term determination.

Do not ever underestimate the Russians.

I never underestimated Russia. I always give them credit when due. I'm a realist and i say things the way they are(some will say harshly though. lol), i don't usually let my personal favour towards a country cloud my judgement. So no, i don't underestimate them, neither do i overestimate them. ;)

What happens when the most advanced fighter jets in the U.S., France and Britain prepare for war

By Dan Lamothe December 17 at 10:29 AM

imrs.php

A U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor, a British Royal Air Force Typhoon, and a French air force Rafale fly in formation Dec. 7 as part of a the Trilateral Exercise held at Langley Air Force Base, Va. The exercise simulates a contested, degraded and operationally limited environment where U.S. and partner pilots and ground crews can test their readiness. (Photo by Senior Airman Kayla Newman/ Air Force)

JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, Va. — The rumble started early Tuesday, as one fighter jet after another ascended from a runway here near the Atlantic Ocean and into a bright, clear sky. The mission: Prepare for war against potential adversaries like Russia, which is now patrolling the same skies as the United States over Syria and flexing its muscles in eastern Europe.

The first-ever Trilateral Exercise between the United States, France and Britain has been in planning for several years, but began Dec. 2 over coastal Virginia with a decidedly real-world feel. The U.S Air Force’s F-22 Raptor, the British Royal Air Force Typhoon and the French air force Dassault Rafale have flown dozens of missions each day since the operation started.

Air Force F-15E Strike Eagles and T-38 Talons are flying against them as so-called “Red Air,” providing a notional adversary in training. Tanker planes and an E-3 Sentry, a command-and-control plane commonly known as the AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) provide support.
article-doc-6k06b-3WQnzOEgAc41418cc44db2983fb-446_634x437.jpg

Royal Air Force crews prepare Typhoon fighters for a flight at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, Virginia, December 15, 2015 ©Saul Loeb (AFP)

It marks the first time that the Raptor, Typhoon and Dassault Rafale — all of which have flown combat sorties over the Middle East this year — have trained together in an environment with such a large number of aircraft and troops, senior Air Force officials said. The exercise, which concludes Friday, is focused heavily on making sure the different aircraft operate well together, even when facing enemy fighters, anti-aircraft ground weapons and electronic warfare that can take out communications equipment — what the military calls an anti-aircraft, area-denial environment. The fighters represent the most advanced jets in each nation.

“The same kind of deconfliction, the same kind of communication process, is in place here that is in places in the Middle East,” said Gen. Mark Welsh, the U.S. Air Force’s top officer. “Our air forces there do a lot of work to try to stay in communication so that there is less chance for miscommunication, for mistakes, or for confusion that leads to mistakes or bad decisions. And, it’s happening every day in the Middle East just like it is in this exercise.”

But a panel of senior officers from the three nations were quick to draw a distinction this week between current operations in Iraq and Syria and what the allies could face in the future. While Syria and Russia both have some anti-aircraft weapons in Syria now, much of the country has uncontested airspace, allowing the U.S.-led military coalition to strike the Islamic State militant group as it identifies targets.

Recent events have raised concerns about whether that will remain the case. U.S. officials say that the Russian military has worked to make sure their operations over Syria don’t conflict with those of the U.S.-led military coalition, but Russian operations also have proven unpredictable. Last month, a Russian Sukhoi Su-24M bomber briefly crossed into Turkey, prompting a Turkish F-16 to shoot it down.

At long last, the F-22 Raptor makes its debut in combat over Syria]
article-doc-6k06b-4ZVh6nmpfA0ce53c9b913372f7f4-976_634x419.jpg

imrs.php

A French Air Force Dassault Rafale arrives for the inaugural Trilateral Exercise at Langley Air Force Base, Va., on Dec. 1. (Photo by Senior Airman Kayla Newman/ Air Force)

For over 10 years or more now, we have been necessarily concentrated on counterinsurgency operations in a relatively benign air environment for our aircraft and our crews,” said British Air Chief Sir Andrew Pulford. “This is a fantastic opportunity to get back into that higher end to concentrate on the contested environment that we have not seen… but is now becoming a far more of a concern and far more of a threat to our air forces.”

Gen. Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle, the commander of the U.S. Air Force’s Air Combat Command at Langley, said that the exercise this week has allowed the air forces to each understand how their partner nation’s most advanced fighter jets work. Flying at hundreds of miles an hour in combat, the pilots must share information about their maneuvers and what information they are gathering through sophisticated sensors, even as they shift from air-to-air missions to air-to-ground combat.

For the time being, that is both helped and complicated by technology. The U.S. F-22 is the only so-called “fifth-generation” fighter now flying combat missions. The designation means it has advanced — and highly classified — sensors and computers that allow its pilot to collect more information on the battlefield than a fourth-generation jet like the Typhoon, Rafale or American F-15s. But the F-22 cannot send encrypted messages to them, said Maj. Justin Anhalt, an F-22 pilot at Langley who focuses on the plane’s future requirements.

article-doc-6k06b-4ZVh6nmpfA0ce53c9b913372e3f1-498_634x427.jpg

A US Air Force F-22 Raptor stealth fighter performs a demonstration flight during the inaugural Trilateral Exercise with Britain's Royal Air Force and the French Air Force in Hampton, Virginia ©Saul Loeb (AFP)

The F-22’s communication suite was built that way originally because there was supposed to be a large fleet of them that could send encrypted messages only to each other to help it remain stealthy. But the number of Raptors was cut back from several hundred to 187 by then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates as part of budget cuts in 2009, all but assuring that the Raptor will need to fly alongside older fighter jets in the future.

The service now wants Raptor pilots to be able to send encrypted messages to fourth-generation fighters through a system known as “Link 16,” and has tested a way to do so with Lockheed Martin. For now, though, Raptor pilots must communicate through voice communication on radios — a problem when trying to remain off radar.

Apparently along with the Rafale, one aircraft which proved to be a real threat for the F-22 is the Eurofighter Typhoon: during the 2012 Red Flag-Alaska.

Carlisle, without elaborating, said that one of the things covered by training at Langley this week is how the different aircraft can communicate through a variety of means, and what to do when flying in an environment when using voice communication over radios might prove difficult. Air-to-air missiles, ground-to-air missiles and electronic warfare that can jam communication signals all are concern.

“Electronic warfare in many of the other nations and potential adversaries, they spend a lot of time and money to try to figure out how to work through the electronic environment and cause problems,” Carlisle said.

Different aircraft integrated with the F-22 also offer more weapons. Depending on its weapons configuration, the Raptor can carry either eight air-to-air missiles, or two air-to-ground bombs and four missiles, according to Air Force specification sheets. The French and British fighter jets — and other American jets like the F-15 — can carry significantly more, creating a scenario in a contested environment where the stealthy F-22 might be able strike first, before giving way to older jets carrying more ordnance.

The Big three: F-22, Typhoon and Rafale tested in new joint combat exercise.

“It’s understanding each other’s tactics, and then overlapping those tactics to better influence the fight,” said Anhalt. “When we go up there with Raptors, I will influence a portion of the fight so I can bring the fourth-gen in and get them to use their weapons.”

What happens when the most advanced fighter jets in the U.S., France and Britain prepare for war - The Washington Post

Good to see three of the most advanced operational fighter jets in the world exercising together to test their capabilities and combat readiness.

@gambit , @FrenchPilot , @Taygibay , @Hamartia Antidote , @AMDR , @Bundeswehr , @F-22Raptor , @James Jaevid , @Nihonjin1051 , @waz , @Slave_to_the_waffle your take?:D

F22 RAPTOR is the real hero .
Man look at that beauty .All others are just a decoration for F22

150 million Russians ,1.3 billion Chinese ,1.25 billion Indians.
Of Course you cant blame us if our people support Russians .
Even though it was USSR ,not Russia that helped us during 1971 .Our people still see that old friendship through Russians.
Chinese are now just another level.Several times powerful than Russia.But they also love Russians .Because they have their reason for that .
But that doesnt mean that the respective govt folllow that same way.
In reality Indian Govt only cares about Indian interest .Chinese govt for Chinese and Of Course Russians only for Russians.
Dont know about UK :D

Back
Top Bottom