What's new

& the winner in Maharashtra & Haryana is...

@ranjeet @Jaat Rock @jha @levina @JanjaWeed @Sidak
Guys I just found something about the new CM of haryana. It seems he is a very honest man who is simple and hard-working ,but going by his views below, It seems that he has conservative view-ponts on some issues.
(This post is not meant to belittle Manohar JI or hurt the sentiments of any fellow BJP/RSS supporters, please forgive me if I hurt your sentiments)

Freedom must have limits too, girls should dress decently to not lure boys, says BJP's Karnal candidate - IBNLive

Karnal: Another politician has blamed girls for rapes. Karnal BJP MLA candidate Manohar Lal Khattar has said that girls must be dressed decently and not 'lure' boys.

On a question about Khap panchayats and their rulings, Khattar said that to an extent Khap rulings were justified as they 'tried to abide by the Indian culture'. Khattar, who is also being seen as a possible CM candidate if BJP wins the October 15 Assembly elections in Haryana, said that girls need to be dressed decently so as to 'not attract the opposite sex'.

Speaking to IBNLive, Khattar said, "Khaps maintain the tradition of a girl and boy being brother and sister. They are just making sure that a girl and boy do not see each other in the wrong way. These rulings help prevent rapes too."

He also went on to say pre-marital sex is wrong, calling it 'ulti seedhi cheezein'. "Pre-marital sex is a blot. Sex after marriage is acceptable. Pre-marital sex happens as the minds of the girls and boys are not on the right track," he said.

"If a girl is dressed decently, a boy will not look at her in the wrong way," Khattar added. When interrupted and asked about the freedom of choice to girls and boys, he said, "If you want freedom, why don't they just roam around naked? Freedom has to be limited. These short clothes are western influences. Our country's tradition asks girls to dress decently."

While Khattar holds these views, his own party member, Ambala Cantt BJP MLA Anil Viz disagreed with him. "I personally disagree with him. We can't hold such views in 21st century," said.

BJP's Karnal MP Ashwani Kumar Chopra too said he disagreed with Khattar's views. "At his age, people tend to become slightly orthodox," Chopra commented on Khattar's remark.

The Congress too hit out at him saying, "One needs to change with time. Change is the only constant. Such views are wrong," said Congress Karnal candidate Surender Singh Narwal.

Frankly speaking I have stopped expecting older generation of our country to speak otherwise.
Not so long back it used to irritate me to read such headlines.But then I realised that may be back home my parents would also hold such reservation about a live-in couple.And there're still a few dresses which my parents would object me from wearing ...atleast in front of 'em.
So there!!
I think this man holds the same opinion.And from now on I will stop reacting to such news....really. (Thats unless I'm in a bad mood :-) )
But if he's an honest and hard working man then I've no issues with such a man coming to power.
What matters is that he should be able to perform. :)
Sorry but I am not SICKular :disagree:
u r sick-ullu- arp. :jester:

This is first time I came across this video, has anyone seen it before?
The example of Hanuman temple is enough to show how news channels use such news to provoke communal violence.

My dad never liked Barkha Dutt since Kargil days (specially after Capt.Vikram Batra's death) ...and so do I.

Last edited:
Times Of India | Blogs

Why Priyanka Gandhi is a dud and Narendra Modi will continue to rise
image from the link
Robert-Vadra-rahul-priyanka.jpg

mujhe to Daya aati hai soniya ji pe.......kaisi chutiyo jaisi harkate karta hai ye pappu:rofl::rofl:

@ranjeet @Jaat Rock @jha @levina @JanjaWeed @Sidak
Guys I just found something about the new CM of haryana. It seems he is a very honest man who is simple and hard-working ,but going by his views below, It seems that he has conservative view-ponts on some issues.
(This post is not meant to belittle Manohar JI or hurt the sentiments of any fellow BJP/RSS supporters, please forgive me if I hurt your sentiments)

Freedom must have limits too, girls should dress decently to not lure boys, says BJP's Karnal candidate - IBNLive

Karnal: Another politician has blamed girls for rapes. Karnal BJP MLA candidate Manohar Lal Khattar has said that girls must be dressed decently and not 'lure' boys.

On a question about Khap panchayats and their rulings, Khattar said that to an extent Khap rulings were justified as they 'tried to abide by the Indian culture'. Khattar, who is also being seen as a possible CM candidate if BJP wins the October 15 Assembly elections in Haryana, said that girls need to be dressed decently so as to 'not attract the opposite sex'.

Speaking to IBNLive, Khattar said, "Khaps maintain the tradition of a girl and boy being brother and sister. They are just making sure that a girl and boy do not see each other in the wrong way. These rulings help prevent rapes too."

He also went on to say pre-marital sex is wrong, calling it 'ulti seedhi cheezein'. "Pre-marital sex is a blot. Sex after marriage is acceptable. Pre-marital sex happens as the minds of the girls and boys are not on the right track," he said.

"If a girl is dressed decently, a boy will not look at her in the wrong way," Khattar added. When interrupted and asked about the freedom of choice to girls and boys, he said, "If you want freedom, why don't they just roam around naked? Freedom has to be limited. These short clothes are western influences. Our country's tradition asks girls to dress decently."

While Khattar holds these views, his own party member, Ambala Cantt BJP MLA Anil Viz disagreed with him. "I personally disagree with him. We can't hold such views in 21st century," said.

BJP's Karnal MP Ashwani Kumar Chopra too said he disagreed with Khattar's views. "At his age, people tend to become slightly orthodox," Chopra commented on Khattar's remark.

The Congress too hit out at him saying, "One needs to change with time. Change is the only constant. Such views are wrong," said Congress Karnal candidate Surender Singh Narwal.

Do you realize that he is worried about girls getting raped, not about how they dress.

He is also referring to the mentality that makes a guy think that if a women is wearing "modern" cloths then she is ready for "modern" things like having a boyfriend, or casual sex. That makes them (more than one) hit on the girls a lot harder and a lot more times. The problem arise with the girl do not know how to handle this attention maturely or the boy not knowing how to handle the rejection maturely, since most of the times both of them have not been exposed to such things earlier and their environment has not prepared them for such emotions and social situations.

That is why "western" women get leched at in India because the common perception is "woh deigi tho try karthe hai".

The example of Hanuman temple is enough to show how news channels use such news to provoke communal violence.

My dad never liked Barkha Dutt since Kargil days (specially after Capt.Vikram Batra's death) ...and so do I.
Yeah never liked her ... some people say that she gave the coordinates of the artillery guns during Kargil war. Not sure if its true or not but she did live reporting from there plus the live telecast of 26/11 giving out every move of the security forces were shown live on air.

I agree with you point about Khattar though, what would an old guy would say about girls dressing up provocatively? There is a generational gap. But people need some controversy to kick up storm.

Do you realize that he is worried about girls getting raped, not about how they dress.

He is also referring to the mentality that makes a guy think that if a women is wearing "modern" cloths then she is ready for "modern" things like having a boyfriend, or casual sex. That makes them (more than one) hit on the girls a lot harder and a lot more times. The problem arise with the girl do not know how to handle this attention maturely or the boy not knowing how to handle the rejection maturely, since most of the times both of them have not been exposed to such things earlier and their environment has not prepared them for such emotions and social situations.

That is why "western" women get leched at in India because the common perception is "woh deigi tho try karthe hai".

If the police did their job without taking favors and money, no one would want his/her daughter to stop going to college and receive further education. They give examples of UP about khaps banning mobiles and jeans and what not. If one reads the local newspaper he/she would get to know the real situation on the ground is. girls being harassed while returning from colleges. Threats of kidnapping or acid attacks if the advances from a crackpot is rejected.

Yeah never liked her ... some people say that she gave the coordinates of the artillery guns during Kargil war. Not sure if its true or not but she did live reporting from there plus the live telecast of 26/11 giving out every move of the security forces were shown live on air.
I am not sure about the cordinates but she did give out plans of our soldiers or hinted at it. To somebody as dilettante as me such news hardly made any sense but I think anyone on field could pick the hints.
ranjeet said:
I agree with you point about Khattar though, what would an old guy would say about girls dressing up provocatively? There is a generational gap. But people need some controversy to kick up storm.
Its like a gay marriage would evoke an "eeeww" from me but my younger cousin might say "whats the big deal?".
:lol:

Its like a gay marriage would evoke an "eeeww" from me but my younger cousin might say "whats the big deal?".
:lol:
True, just tonight ... i was with a friend in a bar, there were couple of school going girls having fun and my friend who is even younger than me was like wtf is that, we weren't that open when we were in 11th or 12th.

True, just tonight ... i was with a friend in a bar, there were couple of school going girls having fun and my friend who is even younger than me was like wtf is that, we weren't that open when we were in 11th or 12th.
Whoa!
School going gals in bars???
Well its not as if it wasnt happening in my time but still I dont think it used to happen as much as it happens today.
Dont these bars prevent the entry of 18 and below??
Or were u in a night club??

Whoa!
School going gals in bars???
Well its not as if it wasnt happening in my time but still I dont think it used to happen as much as it happens today.
Dont these bars prevent the entry of 18 and below??
Or were u in a night club??
it was a brewery, legal age is 25 though and my friend just turned 25 so we were celebrating there. Such clubs think allowing girls will pull more crowd and have better sale. A marketing gimmick which leads to uncomfortable situations especially on the weekend here in gurgaon.

Indian Media pe in sickularists ka kabja hai:hitwall:

or Arnab goswami ko to bajane ka man karta hai is video ko dekhne ke baad
that was a real tight slap right across Arnab's face.

Indian Media pe in sickularists ka kabja hai:hitwall:

or Arnab goswami ko to bajane ka man karta hai is video ko dekhne ke baad
I swear Modi's slip of tongue gets him into embarrassing situations at times. :lol:
it was a brewery, legal age is 25 though and my friend just turned 25 so we were celebrating there. Such clubs think allowing girls will pull more crowd and have better sale. A marketing gimmick which leads to uncomfortable situations especially on the weekend here in gurgaon.
Even here on weekends ladies get a free entry to night clubs as in the guy will have to pay just for his entry pass(gals even get a drink free :lol: ). you're right that it is supposed to help maintain a healthy crowd,still allowing school going gals to such places is not done...
But then who would listen to me?? Lol.

I swear Modi's slip of tongue gets him into embarrassing situations at times. :lol:

Even here on weekends ladies get a free entry to night clubs as in the guy will have to pay just for his entry pass(gals even get a drink free :lol: ). you're right that it is supposed to help maintain a healthy crowd,still allowing school going gals to such places is not done...
But then who would listen to me?? Lol.
And after watching Kavita Krishnan I wouldn't dare another South Indian lady to take up such matters in her own hand (no offence) but she gets on nerves always. Although I can't deny it's fun to watch her and Swamy's debate on any channel. :p:

Modi is no God, his slip of tongue keeps him human or else people would have started his temples long back ago.

If the police did their job without taking favors and money, no one would want his/her daughter to stop going to college and receive further education. They give examples of UP about khaps banning mobiles and jeans and what not. If one reads the local newspaper he/she would get to know the real situation on the ground is. girls being harassed while returning from colleges. Threats of kidnapping or acid attacks if the advances from a crackpot is rejected.

Do the Khaps run the govt. ? if not, they can only do the next best thing.

Everyone would like better governance, but in its absence life must go on. And sometimes it means no jeans or mini skirts. It sucks, but that's life.

And after watching Kavita Krishnan I wouldn't dare another South Indian lady to take up such matters in her own hand (no offence) but she gets on nerves always. Although I can't deny it's fun to watch her and Swamy's debate on any channel. :p:

Modi is no God, his slip of tongue keeps him human or else people would have started his temples long back ago.
Have you seen how Shazia Ilmi never gets to face Arnab's feral attacks??
Lol.
But I do like the way she maintains her poise during the show,may be being an ex-journo helps.

Do the Khaps run the govt. ? if not, they can only do the next best thing.

Everyone would like better governance, but in its absence life must go on. And sometimes it means no jeans or mini skirts. It sucks, but that's life.
Khaps don't run anything, but they will interfere in whatever capacity they can, it appears primitive to some and cautious to some. Take it or leave we don't really give a fcuk.

Back
Top Bottom