What's new

The whole new BMP-2 : Up-gradation tender issued

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
New changes :

1) NEW POWER PACK WITH MINIMUM 380 HORSE POWER ENGINE FOR INFANTRY COMBAT VEHICLE (ICV) BMP-2/2K.

2) NEW STEEL TRACK WITH RUBBER PADS (RUBBERISED TRACK).

3) More powerful weaponry.

4) Whole new turret for this new weaponry.

5) New advanced Panoramic Commander's Sight.

http://www.tenders.gov.in/viewtenddoc.asp?tid=del436162&wno=1&td=TD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point 3,4,5 is not mentioned in the tender but its on a video of a conference last year. I will post the video later...

It may now look more like Abhay IFV :

ABHAY.JPG

^^^
Turret designing might go to Israel as they have also helped in Arjun mk2 turret redesigning.

As far as engine is concerned GTRE is providing a modified version of present engine and Rosoboronexport is providing a new engine and there's one more contender that i am unaware of of.

^^^
Turret designing might go to Israel as they have also helped in Arjun mk2 turret redesigning.

As far as engine is concerned GTRE is providing a modified version of present engine and Rosoboronexport is providing a new engine and there's one more contender that i am unaware of of.

I'm confused- I thought IA were squarely behind the FICV which is a HUGE program and will (speculated) cost upwards of $8 BN.

Yeah but they will enter into production by the end of this decade and then it will take almost a decade for all BMP-2 to replace while BMP-2 have already crossed their life.

Back
Top Bottom