What's new

The Wehrmacht In Pictures: A Look At One of History's Legendary Fighting Force

Yep they were called "Bordkanone" they were very effective against Soviet tanks during Kursk Hans Rudel loved 'em in fact it was him who suggested to use these on Stuka's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BK_37

To tell you the truth however, the role of ground-attack aircraft has commonly been overestimated.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/combat-aircraft-versus-armour-in-wwii/
--------------------------------------------------

Combat footage of the 800 mm Schwerer Gustav siege gun in Crimea, 1942, taken from a Wochenschau newsreel. Starting from 1:20 Franz Liszt's Les préludes (a symphonic poem also used in other Wochenschau episodes) runs synchronously with the railway gun firing which is quite funny in my opinion :D

Glad to return to this thread... great pictures, videos and info as usual by the contributors. Keep them coming!

1c9328b4b9e0de6109165707b2114b7b.jpg

To tell you the truth however, the role of ground-attack aircraft has commonly been overestimated.
Nah i don't think so
Glad to return to this thread... great pictures, videos and info as usual by the contributors. Keep them coming!
Good to see you two back on this thread i was starting to feel really lonely here :D

The Nebelwerfer "Smoke Mortar" was a World War II German series of weapons. They were initially developed by and assigned to the Wehrmacht's so-called "smoke troops" (Nebeltruppen).

21 cm Nebelwerfer 42 launcher in North Africa
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-787-0505-09A%2C_Nordafrika%2C_21cm_Nebelwerfer.jpg

28/32 cm Nebelwerfer 41 rocket launcher
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-049-0176-26%2C_Russland%2C_Zugkraftwagen_mit_Nebelwerfern.jpg

8 cm Raketen-Vielfachwerfer launcher mounted on a SOMUA MCG

hot_seat.jpg

A German soldier shares his rations with a Russian mother, 1941:

A+German+soldier+shares+his+rations+with+a+Russian+mother,+1941.jpg

Fallschirmjäger before a jump:

german-paratroopers-before-jumping.jpg

Tiger mark 1

You ever watch the battle of the bulge movie?

It was so funny they used patton tanks for the tigers and chafees for the shermans....and the whole battle scenes took place in the sweltering heat at times hehe (whereas in ww2 it was the frigid winter cold).

The movie Fury recently made amends for that (as far as hollywood goes) in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom