What's new

The United States Bans 28 Chinese Surveillance Companies Over China's Suppression of Uyghurs

In the age of internet, only for those people like to ignore facts, intentionally to believe in propaganda misinformation

Khudos to US for taking stand on the issue where other Muslim countries are afraid of taking stand on operassion of Uyghurs.

so much patriotic education, you have done well my friend.
You are fully patriotically educated!

It's not a statement, I'm ask you a question. What country would genocide their minorities and at the same time promote their culture? care to explain. If you want, I can probably dig up videos on Chinese TV that promotes Uighur culture and customs.

Khudos to US for taking stand on the issue where other Muslim countries are afraid of taking stand on operassion of Uyghurs.

Kudos? You mean US willfully ignore the fact that the so called persecution never happened as indicated by the fact that rest of Islamic countries support chinese effort in rooting out extremists, and it's all American ploy being belligerent to demonize and contain china while ignoring gross human rights violation in Kashmir where numerous Muslims are in fact being killed by Indian troops?

It's not a statement, I'm ask you a question. What country would genocide their minorities and at the same time promote their culture? care to explain. If you want, I can probably dig up videos on Chinese TV that promotes Uighur culture and customs.

Kudos? You mean US willfully ignore the fact that the so called persecution never happened as indicated by the fact that rest of Islamic countries support chinese effort in rooting out extremists, and it's all American ploy being belligerent to demonize and contain china while ignoring gross human rights violation in Kashmir where numerous Muslims are in fact being killed by Indian troops?

Promote their culture or promote a CPC-ized theme park of their culture?
The two are different.

India promotes tourism to Taj Mahal, which is Islamic culture but at the same time wants to kill every single Muslim in India.

Promote their culture or promote a CPC-ized theme park of their culture?
The two are different.

India promotes tourism to Taj Mahal, which is Islamic culture but at the same time wants to kill every single Muslim in India.

"but at the same time wants to kill every single Muslim in India", I doubt that's a true statement. The problem with you is, you buy too much into western news that China persecutes Muslims, when Chinese government could care less about religion, they care about security and stability and see multiple violent acts originating from Xinjiang as justifiable reason to clamp down. If other regions in china does the same thing, china will do the same to those regions as well. So no, it's not about Muslims or Uighur.

"but at the same time wants to kill every single Muslim in India", I doubt that's a true statement. The problem with you is, you buy too much into western news that China persecutes Muslims, when Chinese government could care less about religion, they care about security and stability and see multiple violent acts originating from Xinjiang as justifiable reason to clamp down. If other regions in china does the same thing, china will do the same to those regions as well. So no, it's not about Muslims or Uighur.

You'd be surprised.
Just read some of the Indian comments even on PDF, they want a full eradication of Muslims.

I am no fan of the West, I think they are piggish people who have destroyed the world.

However, I do have an education and I can (unfortunately?) Think for myself.

The all evidence points to, at best discrimination of Muslims and at worst......

I apologise for thinking freely as I clearly have not had patriotic education.

You'd be surprised.
Just read some of the Indian comments even on PDF, they want a full eradication of Muslims.

I am no fan of the West, I think they are piggish people who have destroyed the world.

However, I do have an education and I can (unfortunately?) Think for myself.

The all evidence points to, at best discrimination of Muslims and at worst......

I apologise for thinking freely as I clearly have not had patriotic education.
Actually Chinese are more open minded and liberal than most peoples around the world, we are open to new ideas, innovations and management systems, what ever proves to be useful for us, we'll adopt it and make it our own.

China runs re-education camps

Amerikkka runs rape and sexual assault camps, where over 10% of the women kidnapped into these rape cells face sexual assault according to the 'Department of Justice's figures.

Is the US the only country where more men are raped than women?
The figures on rape may be uncertain, but we could lower the sexual assault rate in American jails – if we had the political will

That's the claim in this n+1 piece, which is well worth a read.

In January, prodded in part by outrage over a series of articles in the New York Review of Books, the Justice Department finally released an estimate of the prevalence of sexual abuse in penitentiaries. The reliance on filed complaints appeared to understate the problem. For 2008, for example, the government had previously tallied 935 confirmed instances of sexual abuse. After asking around, and performing some calculations, the Justice Department came up with a new number: 216,000. That's 216,000 victims, not instances. These victims are often assaulted multiple times over the course of the year. The Justice Department now seems to be saying that prison rape accounted for the majority of all rapes committed in the US in 2008, likely making the United States the first country in the history of the world to count more rapes for men than for women.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/feb/21/us-more-men-raped-than-women

More men are raped in the US than women, figures on prison assaults reveal
  • In 2008 it was estimated 216,000 inmates assaulted in detention
  • Four per cent of prisoners said they had been sexually abused in 2011
  • Department of Justice introducing regulations to tackle high rates of abuse
Shockingly, more than 7 per cent of teenagers in juvenile detention said they had sexual contact with staff.

9.5 per cent of those in juvenile detention said they had been the victim of sexual abuse.

Almost seven per cent of women said they had been sexually abused by a fellow inmate

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-US-women-including-prison-sexual-abuse.html

The forgotten voices of #metoo: Prison rape in America - perpetrated by both inmates and staff - remains pervasive and under-reported 15 years after the passage of a law intended to end crisis
  • The Prison Rape Elimination Act was passed in 2003 and its new guidelines were implemented in 2012
  • The new standards under PREA mandated inmate education, medical and mental health care for victims, and investigations of each allegation – all of which experts say has encouraged victims to report sexual abuse
  • New guidelines led to more people reporting their rape and more accurate recording: American prisoners made 24,661 formal allegations of sexual assault in 2015 - nearly triple the 8,768 allegations made in 2011
  • Despite the strides made under PREA, much remains to be done to end rape in American prisons and jails, with cases of staff-on-inmate sexual assault still emerging from facilities across the country
  • Experts say PREA could be improved by adding penalties for facilities that fail to comply with new standards
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...15-years-passage-law-intended-end-crisis.html

This is at epidemic proportions. And yet the Washington lectures the Chinese and North Koreans on their concentration camps. Yet does nothing about the sexual assault concentration camps in Amerikkka.

Actually Chinese are more open minded and liberal than most peoples around the world, we are open to new ideas, innovations and management systems, what ever proves to be useful for us, we'll adopt it and make it our own.

Oh I agree. Amazing people and have done amazing thing.

The only problem is they can't be open to not choosing the CPC.

Oh I agree. Amazing people and have done amazing thing.

The only problem is they can't be open to not choosing the CPC.
China had the most dynasty changes in the world, if the leaders are bad, China and Chinese people can always find ways to change them, but now based on PEW poll, 94% of the Chinese population support CPC, it should not be a surprise judging from China's development and progress in the last couples of decades, so why would the Chinese want to change it? This government always have an eye in the future with a long term goal, that's the big advantage we have over democracies, whose sight can never go beyong their 4 or 5 years election terms.

China had the most dynasty changes in the world, if the leaders are bad, China and Chinese people can always find ways to change them, but now based on PEW poll, 94% of the Chinese population support CPC, it should not be a surprise judging from China's development and progress in the last couples of decades, so why would the Chinese want to change it? This government always have an eye in the future with a long term goal, that's the big advantage we have over democracies, whose sight can never go beyong their 4 or 5 years election terms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chinese_Famine

• 15 million (government statistics)
  • 15 to 30 million (some scholarly estimates)

I mean I don't think very many countries on earth have suffered such casualties in peace times.
All those deaths were directly caused by the CPC

and yet, CPC still stayed in power.

To be fair CPC did reform and now has grown the economy.

But we also have another China, the ROK. They managed to become a developed country with high economic success without killing 15-30 million Chinese people.

As for Democracy vs Xi's rule.
Sure everything is easier when only one man dictates everything. But when happens when that man leaves?
Can you promise the next guy will do a similar job?
What if he doesn't?

The advantage democracy has is that they can get rid of a bad leader without blood.

It will be interesting to see how China deals with bad leaders when they inevitably come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chinese_Famine

• 15 million (government statistics)
  • 15 to 30 million (some scholarly estimates)
Wikipedia..., everyone can edit it, it's never a reliable source.

As for Democracy vs Xi's rule.
Sure everything is easier when only one man dictates everything. But when happens when that man leaves?
Can you promise the next guy will do a similar job?
What if he doesn't?

The advantage democracy has is that they can get rid of a bad leader without blood.

It will be interesting to see how China deals with bad leaders when they inevitably come.
Mao united China by force, so he was the founding father, he was not chosen by the Chinese goverment selection mechanism, all other leaders after him chosen from this mechanism served China very well, it shows this selection mechanism works very well for China.

Wikipedia..., everyone can edit it, it's never a reliable source.
attacking the source and not the argument.

I get it, it's the only argument you can make because you know I am telling the truth.

Also

Citation:
  • ^ Sue Williams (director), Howard Sharp (editor), Will Lyman (narrator) (1997). China: A Century of Revolution. WinStar Home Entertainment.
  • ^ Demeny, Paul; McNicoll, Geoffrey, eds. (2003), "Famine in China", Encyclopedia of Population, 1, New York: Macmillan Reference, pp. 388–390
  • ^ Lynch, Michael (2008). The People's Republic of China, 1949–76 (second ed.). London: Hodder Education. p. 57.
  • ^ Jump up to:a b Dikötter, Frank. Mao's Great Famine: The History of China's Most Devastating Catastrophe, 1958–62. Walker & Company, 2010. p. 333. ISBN 0-8027-7768-6
  • ^ Peng Xizhe (彭希哲), "Demographic Consequences of the Great Leap Forward in China's Provinces," Population and Development Review 13, no. 4 (1987), 639–70.
    For a summary of other estimates, please refer to Necrometrics [1]
  • ^ Dillon, Michael. "Collective Responsibility" The Times Literary Supplement January 7 (2011), p. 13.
  • ^ Dikötter, Frank (2010). "36. Cannibalism". Mao's Great Famine: The History of China's Most Devastating Catastrophe, 1958–1962. pp. 320–323. ISBN 978-0-80277768-3.
  • ^ International School History (21 January 2015). "Mao's Great Famine". Retrieved 19 September 2018 – via YouTube.

attacking the source and not the argument.

I get it, it's the only argument you can make because you know I am telling the truth.

Also

Citation:
  • ^ Sue Williams (director), Howard Sharp (editor), Will Lyman (narrator) (1997). China: A Century of Revolution. WinStar Home Entertainment.
  • ^ Demeny, Paul; McNicoll, Geoffrey, eds. (2003), "Famine in China", Encyclopedia of Population, 1, New York: Macmillan Reference, pp. 388–390
  • ^ Lynch, Michael (2008). The People's Republic of China, 1949–76 (second ed.). London: Hodder Education. p. 57.
  • ^ Jump up to:a b Dikötter, Frank. Mao's Great Famine: The History of China's Most Devastating Catastrophe, 1958–62. Walker & Company, 2010. p. 333. ISBN 0-8027-7768-6
  • ^ Peng Xizhe (彭希哲), "Demographic Consequences of the Great Leap Forward in China's Provinces," Population and Development Review 13, no. 4 (1987), 639–70.
    For a summary of other estimates, please refer to Necrometrics [1]
  • ^ Dillon, Michael. "Collective Responsibility" The Times Literary Supplement January 7 (2011), p. 13.
  • ^ Dikötter, Frank (2010). "36. Cannibalism". Mao's Great Famine: The History of China's Most Devastating Catastrophe, 1958–1962. pp. 320–323. ISBN 978-0-80277768-3.
  • ^ International School History (21 January 2015). "Mao's Great Famine". Retrieved 19 September 2018 – via YouTube.
It was a wrong policy and caused some disasters, I never denied that, many countries adopted policies intended to be good but turned out to be a disaster, unlike others, we found out and we correct past mistakes and that's why we can become the fastest developing nation ever in the whole human history.

As for those numbers, I admit I never trusted those number, none of my extended families died from the famine and my extended families have many people all across China. Biden claims china is jailing 'a billion uighurs' only a week ago,that's how reliable their figures are.

It was a wrong policy and caused some disasters, I never denied that, many countries adopted policies intended to be good but turned out to be a disaster, unlike others, we found out and we correct past mistakes and that's why we can become the fastest developing nation ever in the whole human history.

As for those numbers, I admit I never trusted those number, none of my extended families died from the famine and my extended families have many people all across China. Biden claims china is jailing 'a billion uighurs' only a week ago,that's how reliable their figures are.

15-30 million is quite the disaster.
But please be careful with language like that, you might be sent to re-education camp.
I genuinely like you and hope you are not harmed.

Back
Top Bottom