What's new

The United States announces the supply of F-35s to the UAE

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
cat62362_img_cover545833977.jpg

Washington will sell F-35 fighters to the Emirates without Israel objecting to that, and Gantz confirms that America will provide Israel with an advanced weapons system

23 October 2020

The United States is providing F-35 fighters to the UAE without Israel objecting to that. A joint statement issued by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Benny Gantz on this subject did not refer to these aircraft, but rather referred to them as a specific weapons system.

According to the statement, after Gantz’s return from Washington, he presented the prime minister with the agreement he signed with his US counterpart, Mark Esper, to ensure Israel's military supremacy, and the defense minister confirmed that Israel would be provided with advanced weapons systems, which would significantly enhance our military capabilities over the coming decades. Gantz added that he was informed during his visit to the United States that the US administration will soon inform Congress of its intention to provide the UAE with a specific weapons system.

The prime minister and defense minister agreed that there was no place to oppose this move because the United States had pledged to continue to ensure Israel's qualitative edge. The Prime Minister’s Office also made it clear that the new understandings were not part of the peace agreement with Abu Dhabi and that they were circulated only a month ago.

https://www.makan.org.il/Item/?itemId=62362

cat62362_img_cover545833977.jpg

Washington will sell F-35 fighters to the Emirates without Israel objecting to that, and Gantz confirms that America will provide Israel with an advanced weapons system

23 October 2020

The United States is providing F-35 fighters to the UAE without Israel objecting to that. A joint statement issued by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Benny Gantz on this subject did not refer to these aircraft, but rather referred to them as a specific weapons system.

According to the statement, after Gantz’s return from Washington, he presented the prime minister with the agreement he signed with his US counterpart, Mark Esper, to ensure Israel's military supremacy, and the defense minister confirmed that Israel would be provided with advanced weapons systems, which would significantly enhance our military capabilities over the coming decades. Gantz added that he was informed during his visit to the United States that the US administration will soon inform Congress of its intention to provide the UAE with a specific weapons system.

The prime minister and defense minister agreed that there was no place to oppose this move because the United States had pledged to continue to ensure Israel's qualitative edge. The Prime Minister’s Office also made it clear that the new understandings were not part of the peace agreement with Abu Dhabi and that they were circulated only a month ago.

https://www.makan.org.il/Item/?itemId=62362
(Israel's military supremacy) I hate this
With nukes they have enough military supremacy
Many times I think is USA the super power or Israels slaves?
Which weapons they want for more military supremacy?

(Israel's military supremacy) I hate this
With nukes they have enough military supremacy
Many times I think is USA the super power or Israels slaves?
Which weapons they want for more military supremacy?
what wepen saudi arabia dont have they want?

It shows that UAE is no threat to west and Israel in future , if they were they would never get these to begin with ..

Good acquisition for UAE. After mulling this over, I don't think the USA has a choice. I'm not sure how much the Israel deal even matters considering the new cold war that is developing. USA must export F-35 to GCC/Arabs nations or risk losing their combat AC markets to China/Russia and the losing the associated geopolitical influence that grants (for spares and upgrades).

This has already happened with drones. USA refused to sell Predators to ME countries. GCC/Egypt now fly Wing Loong's with very good reviews. TB2 is also another great option (for Turkey friendly nations). USA lost the ME drone market to China and Turkey with its own dumb bans.

SU-57 and J-31 are still a few years away from export. USA must start getting export orders for F-35 from ME nations....or risk losing them to Russia or China in a few years. :coffee: The Israel deal drama is just an excuse to get the ball rolling. F-35 deals will soon be signed with other countries in the region, IMO.

Last edited:
Aren't you Israeli slaves too?
The GCC/Arabs are playing all sides. Complaining about it won't change anything. Their biggest threats are internal....not external ones like Israel or even Iran. I think that's why Turkey and Erdoğan threaten them so much (plus that whole Khashoggi thing).

The GCC/Arabs are playing all sides. Complaining about it won't change anything. Their biggest threats are internal....not external ones like Israel or even Iran. I think that's why Turkey and Erdoğan threaten them so much (plus that whole Khashoggi thing).

They aren't playing anyone, their are utter tools who are paying the U.S for the security of their dictatorial and authoritarian regimes

They make strategic mistake after strategic mistake and think their money makes them special

Good acquisition for UAE. After mulling this over, I don't think the USA has a choice. I'm not sure how much the Israel deal even matters considering the new cold war that is developing. USA must export F-35 to GCC/Arabs nations or risk losing their combat AC markets to China/Russia and the losing the associated geopolitical influence that grants (for spares and upgrades).

This has already happened with drones. USA refused to sell Predators to ME countries. GCC/Egypt now fly Wing Loong's with very good reviews. TB2 is also another great option (for Turkey friendly nations). USA lost the ME drone market to China and Turkey with its own dumb bans.

SU-57 and J-31 are still a few years away from export. USA must start getting export orders for F-35 from ME nations....or risk losing them to Russia or China in a few years. :coffee: The Israel deal drama is just an excuse to get the ball rolling. F-35 deals will soon be signed with other countries in the region, IMO.
That is true..Saudi Arabia will be the next one to get the F-35..Qatar a bit later and even Morocco after 2025..

They aren't playing anyone, their are utter tools who are paying the U.S for the security of their dictatorial and authoritarian regimes
Pakistan has also helped them with this. Don't be hypocritical. My assessment is that GCC are not tools of Israel or USA. They are trying to maintain status quo. Can't fault them for that.

Dangerous for the rest of Muslim countries

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom