What's new

The Thugees of Bharat

I remember seeing something on the History Channel here in the USA about this. The English captured those behind the acts of murder and forbid the religion if I recall.

Yes, i indeed saw the same program. I am not an expert on the subject but i do remember they would make religious blood sacrifices to Kali and eat Gurr as a celebartion afterwards.

Although this part may be clarified by members more qualified on this topic.

Then it would suggest there was a hardcore element of fanatics that did this for religious purposes in order to appease the Goddess, Kali. This would be identified as the Thugee, the rest would be petty theives.

any wonder they are called the thugee cult?.these cults always have fringe elements resorting to an extreme or perverted interpretation of the religion. so it is not a surprise to read such stuff.

any wonder they are called the thugee cult?.these cults always have fringe elements resorting to an extreme or perverted interpretation of the religion. so it is not a surprise to read such stuff.

But this is the point is it not?

The Thugee were mainly Kali worshippers that killed and dismembered the travellers before offering sacrifices to Kali. The non Hindus amongst them weren't allowed inside the temples to offer blood to Kali, and therefore can't count as true Thugee.

But this is the point is it not?

The Thugee were mainly Kali worshippers that killed and dismembered the travellers before offering sacrifices to Kali. The non Hindus amongst them weren't allowed inside the temples to offer blood to Kali, and therefore can't count as true Thugee.

This is wrong, the travellers were not dismembered, I wish you would / could read the book by Mike dash which I refered to in a previous post, it would give an insight.

to rob a traveller, he / they were murdered 1st, & like I said no where are dead bodies are offered on the sacrifical altar. They were hastily buried.. which is why the hold game game to light when a few of them were captured & they identified their graves & methods.

The Aswanedha comes from the story of Rama on the pavillion steps of the Ganges River.

The Queen was required to "lay behind a curtain" with the sacrificed horse after it was over. Some people deny this now, but this appears to be where that highlighted bit comes from.

When rama performed aswamedha, seeta was not with him, she was in jungle where his sons lava and kusha check the horse and get into a fight with hanuman

Thugees were present in all Northern India including areas in both Pakistan and Bharat.

844e24a60f56f7dc1d6092980196ab69.jpg

Group of Thugs [Peshawar].
Full-length carte-de-visite portrait of six thugs, one of a series of prints of ethnic types and occupations taken by Bourne and Shepherd in the 1860s. The term ‘thug’ translates as ‘cheat, swindler or deceiver’ and was more specifically applied to a robber or assassin who was part of a gang occupied in murdering travellers, usually with a cloth scarf (thugee cord).

Source : Group of Thugs [Peshawar].

I think we're all in a little denial here (since everyone loves using the word).

There was a hardcore element of Thugee that were Hindus and used to enact human sacrifices to appease the Goddess Kali.

You can claim that it was banditry, and in some cases it was.

But do you deny that blood sacrifices to Kali occurred in temples by some of the Hindu Thugees? I think this was the purpose of the thread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom