What's new

The Tank Man

I think Chinese history will judge that Deng Xiao Ping did the right thing. If these students had succeeded China would have had a lost decade of organized crime, separatists, oligarchs, poverty, drugs and massive brain drain just like Russia.

The worst thing is Chinese tanks would still look that Type 80 and Chinese people would still be peddling bicycles around Beijing. Deng made a difficult but right call for the Chinese people.

I think Chinese history will judge that Deng Xiao Ping did the right thing. If these students had succeeded China would have had a lost decade of organized crime, separatists, oligarchs, poverty, drugs and massive brain drain just like Russia.

The worst thing is Chinese tanks would still look that Type 80 and Chinese people would still be peddling bicycles around Beijing. Deng made a difficult but right call for the Chinese people.

I agree completely. :tup:

Great leaders have to make difficult choices. What China needs above all else, is unity and stability.

disrupting law and order, destroying public assets (the anarchists set fire on public vehicles and thereby compelling the administration to deploy forces), igniting unpatriotic sentiment, harassing security forces (as in the case of that so called 'tank man' anarchist) would have never done good to the people.

disrupting law and order, destroying public assets (the anarchists set fire on public vehicles and thereby compelling the administration to deploy forces), igniting unpatriotic sentiment, harassing security forces (as in the case of that so called 'tank man' anarchist) would have never done good to the people.

To me, it was a tragedy of chinese history. it is unfair to blame these students. At that time few chinese people doubt students were doing the right course. not until 20 years later, we came to realize violent street revolution is not a cure to china.

After seen the performance of these exile democracy movement leaders, i feel chilled at the very thought what if they really succeeded in 1989.

To me, it was a tragedy of chinese history. it is unfair to blame these students. At that time few chinese people doubt students were doing the right course. not until 20 years later, we came to realize violent street revolution is not a cure to china.

may be some of them were innocents who took to the streets whimsically but my study says many of them were students who had studied in USA and had close links with CIA or you can say they were CIA assets like Liu Xiaobo. just try to know what their agenda was and you will start condemning them instead of showing sympathy.

After seen the performance of these exile democracy movement leaders, i feel chilled at the very thought what if they really succeeded in 1989.

Geez when are you guys going to learn to ignore him. He's some random Pakistani masquerading as a uber patriotic Chinese to stir up antagonism, in what is perhaps the most meaningless subterfuge mission ever in history.

My parents almost went to the protests. You know why? Because some anonymous source was willing to pay for protesters travel and food fees.

They were not going for the Democracy or what not.

They stayed because they wanted to keep their jobs.

My parents almost went to the protests. You know why? Because some anonymous source was willing to pay for protesters travel and food fees.

They were not going for the Democracy or what not.

They stayed because they wanted to keep their jobs.

My family was in Germany when this happened, many of the visiting scholar there (including my family) were offered "refugee" status, and though most of them were there on government paid scholarships (lol persecution), a few were shameless enough to take the refugee status.

The funny thing is most of them were allowed by the government to return to China no questions asked when they found life in xenophobic Germany not so hospital.

Geez when are you guys going to learn to ignore him. He's some random Pakistani masquerading as a uber patriotic Chinese to stir up antagonism, in what is perhaps the most meaningless subterfuge mission ever in history.

It is definitely weird.

Chinese people are generally pro-Pakistan anyway.

Back
Top Bottom