What's new

The Story of IAF MiG-25 over Islamabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1966908_494211500706273_5247936371212297126_n.jpg

so awesome, they flew an unarmed plane over our capital and sensitive installations, we still conducted our Nuclear tests

Can't you check before opening a thread?-
Faster, higher and out of reach,A story of IAF's MiG-25 Foxbat Source: ht

How many threads on same topic do you want stupid?-

You need to pat your fractured ego once in a while ..;)

"

Real badass flying a slow B-57 over indisn cities during war SOLO:

8-Pass Charlie

8-Pass Charlie was the codename of an unknown Pakistan Air Force B-57 bomber ace who raided the Adampur airbase of the Indian Air Force in Indian Punjab a number of times during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 notably starting the series of raids on the base by a solo raid.

He was named "8-Pass Charlie" by his impressed Indian adversaries at the Adampur base as he used to make eight passes, one for each bomb, on selected targets with improving efficiency instead of safely dropping all his bomb load and exiting. He is also known to have expertise in disguising his attack run by confusing anti-aircraft gunners by cutting throttles before entering a dive.
During the war, the bomber wing of the PAF was attacking the concentration of airfields in north India. In order to avoid enemy fighter-bombers, the B-57s operated from several different airbases, taking off and returning to different bases to hop and avoid being attacked. The B-57 bombers would arrive over their targets in a stream at intervals of about 15 minutes, which led to achieving a major disruption of the overall IAF effort.

The name was assigned to this unknown pilot by his impressed Indian adversaries at the Adampur base, and appears to be derived from his daring routine of making eight passes in bombing runs during every air raid over the alerted airbase to bomb selected targets with each 500 lb bomb in the moonlight, "and tried to carry out an effective attack each time", instead of dropping his entire bomb-load of 4,000 lbs during the first pass which would have allowed a safer exit for the aggressor aircraft over initial defences.
One of the known kills of 8-Pass Charlie is one of the Indian Air Force MiG 21s on Operational Readiness Platform (ORP) which were about to take off when he the executed the first raid on the Adampur base at 2200 hours with his lone B-57 on 6 September, 1965.
In addition to his routine of making eight passes over Adampur, the unknown pilot also seemed to have had a second routine of conducting his raids thirty minutes after moonrise.

Paddy Earle, an IAF fighter pilot, paid tribute to the unknown ace by saying:

I have the utmost respect for the Pakistani Canberra bloke who loved to ruin the equanimity of our dreary lives! 8-Pass Charlie was an ace, but he had this nasty habit of turning up about 30 min. after moonrise, just as we were downing our first drink! Seriously, he was a cool dude and a professional of the highest order. To disguise the direction of his run, he used to cut throttles before entering a dive and by the time the ack-ack opened up he was beneath the umbrella of fire. After dropping his load he'd apply full throttle and climb out above the umbrella.

Quote taken from PVS Jagan Mohan and Samir Chopra's The India-Pakistan Air War of 1965 (Manohar Books, 2005)

B-57_in-flight.jpg

The end of 1965 war was indeed a glorious chapter for PAF and otherwise.

It was an appropriate answer to your ridiculous claim of so called ''untouchable''......i called it a tragedy, how does that count as making fun......go first learn some English before indulging into point scoring. !!
pak never succeeded in war... i think, i hit some one nerve... why you are after my English... oh personal attacks... good... needlessly bringing that accident is just trolling... i am more educated than you.. I don't know what pakistan achieved after 7 decades... but one thing is clear.... still unstable....
Yes it is untouchable because... pak got no option to take down Foxbat in those days....

A TRUE hero who would keep every Pakistani’s head high for generations is no morewith us: Air Commodore (r) M. M. Alam, Sitara-i-Jurat ‘Bar’, the legendary fighter pilot has passed away.

Pakistan Air Force is much smaller in size as compared to the army, but it has been very lucky to proportionally produce more legendary figures than its sister services. Mr Alam was definitely one of the best Pakistan Air Force has produced.

He made a world record in less than a minute, i.e., he shot down five Indian fighter aircraft in 55 seconds, thus becoming an ‘ace’ pilot in the 1965 war against India in the shortest possible time.

This unique feat was neither achieved by American fighter pilots in Korea or Vietnam or in the Middle East nor by any European or American fighter pilots during World War II despite their long engagements.

Those 55 seconds in the murky weather of September 1965 unleashed an unprecedented fury into the veins of Indian Air Force whose backbone was virtually crushed by this greatest fighter pilot of the modern jet warfare era and, overall, one of the best in the history of fighter flying.

I commend the present Chief of Air Staff who visited him from time to time during Mr Alam’s illness and spent time with him despite his busy schedule.

Mr Alam will be remembered forever.

talking about air awesomeness, who can forget this?

A TRUE hero who would keep every Pakistani’s head high for generations is no morewith us: Air Commodore (r) M. M. Alam, Sitara-i-Jurat ‘Bar’, the legendary fighter pilot has passed away.

You need to pat your fractured ego once in a while ..

"

Real badass flying a slow B-57 over indisn cities during war SOLO:

Solo Starfighter sonic booms over Amritsar :
This thread isn't about 1965 war.

With the same mind-set which reflects by a fool who started this thread.

Someone with limited knowledge about PAF capabilities; in IAF HQ plans the mission on 10th of April, 1959 (Cobra draws the first blood incident) and then at the end IAF was licking her wounds. Soon after that realizing the fate of the unlucky Canberra, Indian government (as usual) started to cry at full voice that it was a navigational error.;)

The survived crew (If I remember correctly one of the survived crew S/L Sen Gupta has handed-over to Indian authorities on stretcher with both legs broken during ejection).

Indians are suffering from STML (Short Term Memory Loss) - Let them live in their own world of ignorance.:D

lol pak members derailing thread.... just showing their inferiority complex... oh my ....

With the same mind-set which reflects by a fool who started this thread.

Someone with limited knowledge about PAF capabilities; in IAF HQ plans the mission on 10th of April, 1959 (Cobra draws the first blood incident) and then at the end IAF was licking her wounds. Soon after that realizing the fate of the unlucky Canberra, Indian government (as usual) started to cry at full voice that it was a navigational error.;)

The survived crew (If I remember correctly one of the survived crew S/L Sen Gupta has handed-over to Indian authorities on stretcher with both legs broken during ejection).

Indians are suffering from STML (Short Term Memory Loss) - Let them live in their own world of ignorance.:D
why you are bothering about thread.... :o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o:.... well we hit more harder in 71 and during kargil....

lol pak members derailing thread.... just showing their inferiority complex... oh my ....

why you are bothering about thread.... :o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o:.... well we hit more harder in 71 and during kargil....

You hit like a girl .... Reading reality will make you shut up ... Feeding on propoganda .. Well you love tht don't you?

Dead reckoning .. Memories of 71 war .. Sarmila Bose .. A lot of butt hurt for Indians to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom