What's new

The Story of a Pakistani Pilot Who Shot Down an Israeli Jet | Air Commodore (R) Sattar Alvi

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

He volunteered as a Flight Lieutenant, fought the foreign war and then kept quiet for 25 long years. TCM presents a first-hand account in an all-new series of a Pakistani pilot, Air Commodore Sattar Alvi who has the credit of shooting down an Israeli jet.

I am always amazed why there is so much focus on the IDFAF shoot-downs by deputed PAF Pilots. It was just another day in the office for the PAF pilots. The more we talk it up, the more it seems as if the Israelis are from out of this planet.

Our training is good, so I am not surprised. Indians are just as good as Israelis and we train to fight them outnumbered so the focus has to be on our own quality.

I am always amazed why there is so much focus on the IDFAF shoot-downs by deputed PAF Pilots. It was just another day in the office for the PAF pilots. The more we talk it up, the more it seems as if the Israelis are from out of this planet.

Our training is good, so I am not surprised. Indians are just as good as Israelis and we train to fight them outnumbered so the focus has to be on our own quality.
Reason is arab israeli war

The difference in kill ratio was so large that people thought israeli pilots are gods

Sensationalism for over-worshipping. It is in the Pak culture to sugar coat these type of events. Have you not also seen the hype behind "Surprise Day". This is what sells more these days.......

What you said is not mutually exclusive to what I said

You may not like the Israelies but don't bury your head in the sand, that's just ignorant and foolish
Israelis are excellent at marketing themselves as elite warriors. They are not.
Masada was a legend where Jews fought the Romans to the last and all Israeli soldiers go there to learn history. Now its shown they killed their women and kids and committed suicide.
Merkava tank. Marketed as the best. Named gods chariot. When Hezbollah decided yo take then on they littered southern Lebanon.
State of the art warship of the Lebanese coast taken out by a 2nd rate missile.

So marketing and reality are very different. Israel cannot take casualties. They are well protected by the west but its just time. Every dog has his day

Sensationalism for over-worshipping. It is in the Pak culture to sugar coat these type of events. Have you not also seen the hype behind "Surprise Day". This is what sells more these days.......
Too much denialism in our culture and refusal to accept critisicm. Can't accept when the adversary is competent and doing good/better in certain areas, or when we are criticised. Not a good quality to have, probably one of the worst qualities.

Rationality is difficult to come by in Pakistan

Last edited:
Too much denialism in our culture and refusal to accept critisicm. Can't accept when the adversary is competent and doing good/better in certain areas, or when we are criticised. Not a good quality to have, probably one of the worst qualities.

Rationality is difficult to come by in Pakistan
Nope. Just in UK pakistanis

Back
Top Bottom