What's new

The rise of British Pakistani boxers

How are sports and music not important? I agree education is good but don't tell me getting into mainstream media for representation is not important. Most of us born and raised outside of Pakistan aren't going to listen to yo yo honey singh all day and neither are they going to play qawaali music. A scientist said the main reason that men exist is to preserve their culture and make kids for the next generation to preserve their culture.

Most women including our Pakistani women like masculine guys who are the faces in the media. I agree Pakistani women born and raised in Britain are thankfully loyal to their men by 96%. However if Pakistani men just studied and went to school all day. Then the social skills to picking up women wouldn't exist. You would then look cringy or desperate on online dating sites filling up random women's DMs all day. Yes Ive seen even rich Indian male engineers do this. The women are turned off by it in general including their own Indian women. Generally speaking women care more about religion and whatever is considered society acceptable than race pride. This is why white women rarely show up for KKK marches or EDL marches. Its always white men in those marches with chips on their shoulders.

You can't preserve your culture and traditions unless your own women love to be apart of their own culture and traditions despite being born in another country and you can't preserve your traditions unless you are a masculine group of men who knows how to blend enough into western society but still keep your traditions intact without turning into coconuts. I believe the Azad Kashmiri guys in Britain have the right mix. They're westernized but not coconuts. They know how to dress right, have the social skills to interact with women, but aren't abandoning their own Pakistani women. Many white, black and Arab females in Britain like Pakistani boys. Its apparent from all the road interviews on pengest videos.

This is why Frenzo Harami tries to incorporate his Pakistani styles of music instead of straight trying to mimic black music all day.
both are important , scientific and technological power , also culrural power as you say it come from sports and arts . Hollywood and american cultural and pop icons play huge role in establishing its status as superpower.

Boxing matches, just like those WWE wrestling ones, are an uncivilized activity. Hundreds of people paying money to watch two people beat each other up. We haven't moved on from Roman gladiatorial games.

Lol boxing matches are gladiator games?

Your Pakistani cinema is the most pathetic cinema to exist. Your Pakistani country preaches Islam yet blast bogus Turkish dramas and Kpop videos all over Pakistan

Those shows are designed to target females. Kpop isn't even Muslim.

How in the world are going to tell me all these countries and races of people are using media to influence their power projection and Pakistanis shouldnt?

Do you want people to see Pakistani guys as nothing but bearded, rag wearing poverty stricken crusty faces who can't compete with other men in the world and their whole world revolves around Mullahs and cricket with Indian guys all day who aren't popular either.

Guys why can't a thread on rise of British Pakistani boxers be about rise of British Pakistani boxers? I was super excited for a minute till this whole thing got derailed.

What I have noticed is that second generation Pakistanis living in UK or US or even Middle East, are more progressive, educated and open minded.

At the same time they are very patriotic as well and feel this very strong connection with roots.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Most of the jail's in UK are occupied by a large number of Pakistani British 2nd and 3rd gen... The UK Pakistani community is fraught with gangs, drugs, and prostitution.

That's why they are probably turning out more boxers.... Environment.

American Pakistani community (like mine) are much more successful and better educated than the British-Pak.

American immigration policy allowed only the educated Pakistani (largely)... UK immigration allowed wholesale import of uneducated Pakistani.

Last edited:
Apart of Amir Khan I have not come across any other famous British boxer of Pak heritage. Brit Pakistanis like other desi hardly venture into sports, some have made it into cricket and represented England and Scotland. Many go into traditional occupations such as business, immigration law, taxi service.

Most of the jail's in UK are occupied by a large number of Pakistani British 2nd and 3rd gen... The UK Pakistani community is fraught with gangs, drugs, and prostitution.

American Pakistani community (like mine) are much more successful and better educated than the British-Pak.

American immigration policy allowed only the educated Pakistani (largely)... UK immigration allowed wholesale import of uneducated Pakistani.
Many Pakistanis arrived to the UK from the Potwar region mainly Mirpur and small villages of northern Punjab close to the city of Gujrat.
Pakistanis in the US arrived from various parts of Pak such as Karachi. Many American Paks were highly educated and continued to be successful.
It all went wrong for Brit Paks in the late 1980s, throughout the 1990s and early 2000s. Poor integration, lack of leadership/enthusiasm, poor attainment at secondery education (basic Maths and English) & racism etc. Some became involved in the distribution if illegal narcotics, violent street gangs and sexual exploitation of mainly white British women and young teenage girls.

Apart of Amir Khan I have not come across any other famous British boxer of Pak heritage. Brit Pakistanis like other desi hardly venture into sports, some have made it into cricket and represented England and Scotland. Many go into traditional occupations such as business, immigration law, taxi service.

There's loads and loads, you need to be know the scene.
In fact aside blacks they are the most overrepresented group.

There's loads and loads, you need to be know the scene.
In fact aside blacks they are the most overrepresented group.
The thread is an over exaggeration on Brit Paks and sports however there are loads and loads of business owners.

British Pakistanis are very good in sports, boxing has always been a breakout sports for british Pakistanis, recently been seeing alot in cricket too, however in a few years you’ll see a lot of British Pakistanis playing in big teams in football too. Pakistanis are naturally gifted sportmen.
British Pakistanis are very good in sports, boxing has always been a breakout sports for british Pakistanis, recently been seeing alot in cricket too, however in a few years you’ll see a lot of British Pakistanis playing in big teams in football too. Pakistanis are naturally gifted sportmen.
They are - Unfortunately Cricket in Pak and big monies has destroyed every other sports - everyone from sponsorship etc is geared to that.

What happened to Hockey - you had the best team, same with squash.

PS: I hate cricket - come Pak, give us back your hockey and squash talent. This cricket Mafia needs to be checked.

You usually make good posts but I have to disagree with this one.

1. Pakistanis are over represented in prisons but are a small fraction of the overall prison population.

2. There is a criminal underclass involved in drugs but they are a minority. The vast majority of our community is working class or middle class. We probably have multiple wealthy businessmen for each drug dealer.

3. The comparison of the Pakistani communities in the UK and USA is unfair. Its a completely different demographic.

Those who went to the USA were an educated Urban elite. Those who went to the UK were poor farmers in search of work. Same class of people who go to the middle East today. In the 90s my cousins went to primary school in AJK and wrote with kalam, ink pots and wooden slates with clay on them. Our village first got electricity in 1989 I think.

The priority of those who went to the UK was just to send money home. It is thier kids or grandkids who had the ambition of the immigrants who went to the USA seeking a better life for themselves.

Also poverty in our community is grossly overstated because of benefits fraud and tax evasion. Many of our people work for themselves and take advantage of cash.

If you want to see where British Pakistani money went for the last 30-40 years, go to youtube, search for a channel called Apna Des and watch his drone footage of the villages of AJK.

You usually make good posts but I have to disagree with this one.

1. Pakistanis are over represented in prisons but are a small fraction of the overall prison population.

2. There is a criminal underclass involved in drugs but they are a minority. The vast majority of our community is working class or middle class. We probably have multiple wealthy businessmen for each drug dealer.

3. The comparison of the Pakistani communities in the UK and USA is unfair. Its a completely different demographic.

Those who went to the USA were an educated Urban elite. Those who went to the UK were poor farmers in search of work. Same class of people who go to the middle East today. In the 90s my cousins went to primary school in AJK and wrote with kalam, ink pots and wooden slates with clay on them. Our village first got electricity in 1989 I think.

The priority of those who went to the UK was just to send money home. It is thier kids or grandkids who had the ambition of the immigrants who went to the USA seeking a better life for themselves.

Also poverty in our community is grossly overstated because of benefits fraud and tax evasion. Many of our people work for themselves and take advantage of cash.

If you want to see where British Pakistani money went for the last 30-40 years, go to youtube, search for a channel called Apna Des and watch his drone footage of the villages of AJK.

Thank you for the post. You are probably better informed than I am. I am perhaps biased from the media portrayal of the British-Pakistani community.

My personal experience was transiting from Seattle to London then Islamabad. The Pakistani British people that boarded the plane from London were very different from those of us travelling from North America. I was quite surprised at their ghetto behavior.

Perhaps that's why Pakistani-British make good boxers and we are better doctors....

To be a good boxer you need to raised in a tough and rough neighborhood...

Thank you for the post. You are probably better informed than I am. I am perhaps biased from the media portrayal of the British-Pakistani community.

My personal experience was transiting from Seattle to London then Islamabad. The Pakistani British people that boarded the plane from London were very different from those of us travelling from North America. I was quite surprised at their ghetto behavior.

Perhaps that's why Pakistani-British make good boxers and we are better doctors....

To be a good boxer you need to raised in a tough and rough neighborhood...

Unfortunately we have no shortage of big mouths. You take our pendu background and mix it with our British Pakistani sub culture which is a little ghetto and you'll find even well off people acting like idiots. Going to Pakistan brings out the worst in many of them too. They automatically assume they're going to the jungle and can behave as such.

It's always embarrassing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom