What's new

The Reason Pakistan Needs to Get Rid of CSS (Central Superior Service)

Thank God it is not Cascading Style Sheets.

this is sort of like the IAS (indian administrative services), bureaucracy/babudom basically, is it ?

yahan to, these still remain the most coveted jobs.. foreign service, police service (high ups, not beat cops), forest service etc dispite the much lucrative corporate sector offerings.

true patriot to fauji service

somewhat patriots to diplomacy etc

full greedys to corporate banking sector

best of the best, both mentally and physically jate hain SF me.. I know/knew this girl whose brother got into marine commandos, A+ student, world at his feet, sports me bhi ustaad, high marks, public speaking.. really spl kind of guy, could have gone anywhere, chose the toughest thing on earth, and got in.

The issue is not with CSS. Or whether we need experts instead.

The issue is that CSS was always supposed to be based on meritocracy. Under Ayyub, they had a problem with the large number of Bengalis and Urdu speaking that were joining the core, so they implemented quotas.

Not just that they implemented province quotas, they also implemented urban Sindh quotas to eliminate muhajirs. Then they started to fill the civil service with lackeys.

This was a slow gangrening of the institution. It used to work relatively well until they killed it with the quota system and lackey filling.

Even if you hire experts, it won’t solve the problem because the experts that are chosen will be based on the same considerations. Supposedly, billo is an Oxford grad and murad Ali shah a PHD. Do they look like they could count sheep to you?

The only solution is to make the core more meritocratic- remove quotas altogether- and have annual tests to weed out incompetent assholes- and performance standards and contracts

Btw, in the beginning, the exams were relatively competitive, it would weed out incompetent kids of elites that now make it easily.

The ideal system is the French system. No qualitative or subjective bullshit. Have a difficult test to select who gets to serve. Pure meritocracy.

Back
Top Bottom