What's new

The Price Of India's UN Vote On Ukraine Will Be Paid In Washington

I don't think India leader think it's the right thing to oppose Russia, otherwise, India should oppose US, UK, EU, Japan first, they were much worse or the damn same in modern history.

The British Empire had genocide more people than the rest imperialists combined.
The disastrous British occupation of India is not forgotten among Indians. But not every Indian is a historian; many are simply not aware of how other western countries have behaved.

In this particular conflict, both the mainstream media and social media in India shows support to the Ukrainian side. This is the basis of my opinion that Indian leadership may also have sympathy for Ukraine despite the official position of India at UN.

India's conflict with China and its big market could cushion the repercussions that will come with India's position in this issue. But my point is that the India's 'self interest' itself is dictated by the geo political and economic constraints that were imposed upon it in previous decades. The denial of technology along with the high cost of acquisition for western weapons has forced India into the Soviet/Russian ecosystem for its defense. So I'd say that India's 'independent' stand in this issue is more an illusion of free will.

In reality, many Indians think of Russia as the aggressor in this conflict and would rather have India take an opposing stand. But India cannot afford to do that right now even if its leadership feels that it is the right thing to do.
I agree with your post. India is rightly merely looking after it's interests. Pakistan, please pay attention and learn.

I disagree with your suggestion that Russia is the aggressor. The West efectively pushed it to take this action.Surprising hoiw long it took for Russia to make a stand.

The other thing at display in this conflict is the sickening rascism on display in the so called free media. Most channels report with the continous referance that -

• this Europe [so?]
  • these are like us [so?]
  • these are our people [so Black Americans mmm?]
  • this is civilized people [Iraq was birthplace of civilization]
  • referances made that this is not Middle East [barbaric]

People like @QWECXZ should note how these reports make the point that these are not brown skinned savage Middle Easterners where it is expected that they kill each other like animals thus using all sort of missiles on civilian populations is acceptable as opposed to these white Euro Ukranians where it is not expected and a sin.

I agree with your post. India is rightly merely looking after it's interests. Pakistan, please pay attention and learn.

I disagree with your suggestion that Russia is the aggressor. The West efectively pushed it to take this action.Surprising hoiw long it took for Russia to make a stand.

The other thing at display in this conflict is the sickening rascism on display in the so called free media. Most channels report with the continous referance that -

• this Europe [so?]
  • these are like us [so?]
  • these are our people [so Black Americans mmm?]
  • this is civilized people [Iraq was birthplace of civilization]
  • referances made that this is not Middle East [barbaric]

People like @QWECXZ should note how these reports make the point that these are not brown skinned savage Middle Easterners where it is expected that they kill each other like animals thus using all sort of missiles on civilian populations is acceptable as opposed to these white Euro Ukranians where it is not expected and a sin.

How does it pertain to me exactly? 😳

If Russo-Indian ties were so unacceptable for Washington then US-Indian ties wouldn't have developed into what they are today. I would imagine if India backed down in an escalation with China, then Washington would actually take action, as containing China is the focus of the US-Indian relationship. However Indian and Russian ties are close and I don't think the West is under any illusion that India would side with them on this matter

This is an opinion that subject to our personal bias. In my experience with Ukrainians, I've noticed that those from Kyiv and other major cities are very pro western and simply want to get in bed with EU as soon as possible. This is their free will. I've only met a couple of Ukrainians from east who are ethnic Russians and have a favorable opinion of Putin. Ironically, these people who support Putin were the first to get affected in this conflict because their family back in Ukraine is now struggling to find food. No prizes for guessing what they have to say about Putin now. :rolleyes:

In my experience with Ukrainians, I've noticed that those from Kyiv and other major cities are very pro western and simply want to get in bed with EU as soon as possible.
This is very probable. I mean would not want to join EU, recieve massive subsidies, millions recieving free pass to live in affluent Western Europe and enjoy preferantial market access to one of the worlds margest markets. Ukraine is a sovereign enity and has every right to make it's bed with who it wants.

However we can't ignore the external angle to this. The fact is from Russian POV Ukraine inside Western economic and military architecture would present a serious threat to them.

But would USA accept the sovereign right of any of the countries on it's southern flank to join say Russian or Chinese or Iranian alliance.

After all it was Cuba;s sovereign right to sign treaty, make pacts with Soviet Union back in 1960s. But we all know that almost led to Third World War.

The Russians are terrified that one day in the future Ukraine could be hosting NATO armies etc. This fear is what has trigered Putin's response/.

India is going to pay 'babaji ka thulloo' in Washington. I don't say this out of arrogance. People are just overestimating the importance of UN vote. It will be explained, albeit with some difficulty by the Indians and the powers that be in Washington will say 'Shaitan bachay, aglay baar se aisay mat karna'
2A9DBEE9-98BD-4848-A7C6-808E8DB43ED9.jpeg

India is thriving because it never took sides with global powers, even now, it is all about India and what it sees best. Something Pakistan should learn.

this is india's measly attempt at paying the u.s. back for turning a blind eye to the beating she received on Feb 27 by Pakistan and in 2020 by China in galwan valley in spite of being india's so called "strategic partner". but alas, a concubine can't compete with her master, ol pervert uncle sam will make india pay for disobedience. #catsa to say the least...

This is very probable. I mean would not want to join EU, recieve massive subsidies, millions recieving free pass to live in affluent Western Europe and enjoy preferantial market access to one of the worlds margest markets. Ukraine is a sovereign enity and has every right to make it's bed with who it wants.

However we can't ignore the external angle to this. The fact is from Russian POV Ukraine inside Western economic and military architecture would present a serious threat to them.

But would USA accept the sovereign right of any of the countries on it's southern flank to join say Russian or Chinese or Iranian alliance.

After all it was Cuba;s sovereign right to sign treaty, make pacts with Soviet Union back in 1960s. But we all know that almost led to Third World War.

The Russians are terrified that one day in the future Ukraine could be hosting NATO armies etc. This fear is what has trigered Putin's response/.
If you agree that Ukraine is a sovereign entity that has a right to pursue its interest, then sympathizing with Russia's move to militarily bully Ukraine is just a vote for imperial hegemony. It is not correct no matter which country does it. Russians have an enormous cultural relationship with Ukraine, they could or should have instead had trust in their shared interests. I've met quite a few Ukrainian Jews here in Canada who say that they are Russian and Ukrainian at the same time. This is like US and Canada almost. That is all I have to say.

Why should we oppose Russia ?

They stood by us during 1971 when US sent their navy in bay of bengal.

Russia shared SSBN, s400 tech which no western country will ever do.

US wants us to support their alliance but won't give strategic tech.

That's not how it works.

Last edited:
Why should we oppose Russia ?

They stood by us during 1971 when US sent their navy in bay of bengal.

Russia shared SLBM, s400 tech which no western country will ever do.

US wants us to support their alliance but won't give strategic tech.

That's not how it works.
USA will give s400 equivalent to India, but will make it harder for ToT with ton of agreements to be signed

However Russians are the only ones who have shared SSBN technology with us. USA will only share this with us

USA will give s400 equivalent to India, but will make it harder for ToT with ton of agreements to be signed

However Russians are the only ones who have shared SSBN technology with us. USA will only share this with us
...after drubbing from AUKUS, I believe that the French have now made the decision to share their nuclear sub tech. with India.

With those alliances US makes others dependent on them, which makes them use the country to further their geopolitics.

No country with independent foreign policy will accept that.

Back
Top Bottom