What's new

The Pakistan problem isn’t just the government. It’s the people

His statement is correct.

Even leaving aside national polls in India that show negative views of China, the fact is that even in real life, Indians only get along with Chinese as long as there is an equal "balance of power". As soon as Indians get in majority, the racist comments and ganging up on non-Indians begins.

And this is real life, not just on this forum. Indians are the champions of being jingoistic themselves while complaining of racism at the same time.
Really? If you want to generalize along with your Chinese friend, then I'm sure you would agree with the following.

1. A Pakistani was caught for planting a bomb in New York Time Square, meaning every Pakistani is terrorist, right?

2. Pakistan cricketer is jailed for fixing, now that means every Pakistani cricketer is a fixer, right?

3. A Chinese is jailed for rape, now that should mean every Chinese have to be the rapists, right?

Hope you agree with me.

Jonathan Kay is a right wing conservative writer who is extremely pro Israel and writes fiction books on Mossad. Thus he had the honor to be published on PDF by our one and only Solomon2.

Ironically, despite the negative connotations we associate with the word ‘madrassa,’ many of the surveyed madrassa students and teachers actually displayed a more nuanced understanding of jihad than their public-school counterparts, and even supplied interviewers with religiously-based arguments against suicide bombings.

This fact is not ironical if you have not come to beleive that stereotype that a devout Muslim is a fanatic and a Muslim who does not pray and drinks alcohol and is "liberal" is not fanatic.

The problem is not with devout or religious muslims but the politic Islamic ideology that religion in the political system and in extension foreign policy will resolve all their problems. Such people also don't tend to be religious devout themselves. For example, most Hizb ut Tahrir members are young muslims who have usually never led a religiously devout lifestyle and their leaders are not traditional Islamic scholars but doctors or engineers who have turned to a political Islamic ideology. It is this that has to be targeted and defeated and this is something that has to be done by Muslims alone.

And this is something not unique to Muslims. In the US for example, you have the crazy Christrian right like Rich Santorum that says that the Satan is attacking the US, he and his followers will be the counter part of the Taliban if they come to power and if they don't, his followers can get radicalised and attack or bomb what they perceive as legitimate targets. It may be abortion clinics at one time or something else later.
Similarly in India, we have political Hindu groups like VHP/Bajrang Dal e.t.c. that are not run by actual devout Hindu sants and scholars by medical doctors like Praveen Tagodia. And they have the same ideology of bringing about a Hindu Rashtra that will bring utopia of peace and development to Hindus. And when people who are radicalized by this thought feel they are loosing, they resort to terrorist attacks like we saw with groups like Abhinav Bharat.
You can find similar examples among Zionist extremists as well.

It is not the religious or devout nature of the person that should be the problem but the political religous ideology of a group or people that should be a cause of concern. And only the mainstream within that religion can tackle their fringe fanatics. So only Christians can tackle crazies like Santorum and only mainstream Hindus can tackle the crazies from VHP/BD e.t.c.

Funny way the same thing can be said about them...all comments on Indians like poverty, toilets, then abusing hindus comes when u guys are in majority.. the moment indians return the favor u guys run away to mods and whine like u r doing now..

Spare me. Indians are the biggest whiners on this board. You don't see Chinese or Pakistani posters opening a whingeing thread every few weeks, right after the Indian troll brigade destroys several threads.

Really? If you want to generalize along with your Chinese friend, then I'm sure you would agree with the following.

1. A Pakistani was caught for planting a bomb in New York Time Square, meaning every Pakistani is terrorist, right?

2. Pakistan cricketer is jailed for fixing, now that means every Pakistani cricketer is a fixer, right?

3. A Chinese is jailed for rape, now that should mean every Chinese have to be the rapists, right?

Hope you agree with me.

Don't kill the messenger. I know several Indians who do not like working in an environment with "too many Indians". The problem is not so much the long time NRIs, but the FOB crowd.

Don't kill the messenger. I know several Indians who do not like working in an environment with "too many Indians". The problem is not so much the long time NRIs, but the FOB crowd.
You're repeating the same thing.
Since you know some Indians who do not like working with "many Indians" (that's your claim, i don't agree but lets continue for the sake of your argument), does that mean every Indian is like that?

I have also heard about some Pakistanis who are terrorists. What should I assume about entire Pakistani community? All are terrorists?

Did you even get the point in my previous post? All I'm saying is you should not generalize things based on some bunch of people. But you replied with the same thing.

The problem is not with devout or religious muslims but the politic Islamic ideology that religion in the political system and in extension foreign policy will resolve all their problems. Such people also don't tend to be religious devout themselves. For example, most Hizb ut Tahrir members are young muslims who have usually never led a religiously devout lifestyle and their leaders are not traditional Islamic scholars but doctors or engineers who have turned to a political Islamic ideology. It is this that has to be targeted and defeated and this is something that has to be done by Muslims alone.

So, a doctor/engineer cannot be a Islamic scholar, or a Islamic scholar cannot be a doctor/engineer?

so i guess not very bright future for islam,i cant recall any islamic country which can provide challenge to any major non islamic country.

I don't know whats funnier, your false correlation or the racism you have adopted form your slave masters.
By and by, I can't think of any Hindu countries that can take on any major non Hindu countries as well.
Also Hindu countries have the largest amount of poor people out side of Sub Saharan Africa.

See, I can make false correlations too :)

Ok, why are bharatis out in their numbers in this thread? I thought they couldn't care less about Pakistan? Or is it once again yet another example of how utterly obsessed bharatis are with Pakistan?

Not a fraud at all, its the truth. Its not our fault that you chose to keep your eyes closed in front of reality. Take a count of how many Palestinian civilians have been killed during this conflict and you will have your answer.
Go ahead, do it carefully and properly. I can tell in advance you won't like the answer - you'll discover for yourself where the fraud is.

Give me a break with your cynicism Solomon. Your tax dollars go to Pakistan to bribe and buy the loyalties of Pakistani politicians...Dont blame your Government's own incompetence on us. If the US Government would have actually placed any effort in winning the hearts and minds of the occupied nation, trust me there wont be any terrorists attacking you over there.
I very much dislike the bribery bit. Pakistanis strongly resist attaching proper accounting procedures to aid dollars. Nevertheless, we Americans do have our moments, especially when the involvement of Pakistani bureaucrats and politicians is kept to a minimum: link

Is there a single iota of proof that Pakistan is supporting terrorists inside Afghanistan? I was always under the impression that according to American law you were innocent until proven guilty.
What in your opinion constitutes "proof"? The testimony of hundreds of imprisoned terrorists? Finding bin Laden in Abbottabad? Taliban firing weapons into Afghanistan next to FC posts in Pakistan? What do you suggest?

As long as US military continues to kill civilians in collateral damage, piss on Afghan corpses and dispose of Quran in an UnIslamic way, there is bound to be resistance from the locals. I am not saying that all these incidents represent any intentional attempt on institutional level, but incidents took place and that is enough fuel for the militants to convince the locals that the Americans are evil occupiers.
Thank you for your assessment. I'm not going to pretend that Americans always act like saints. I am going to assert that our mechanisms of justice, discipline, and supervision exist to punish offenders. Since justice is served what is there to be gained by fueling the militants?

And American officials have been caught perpetrating terrorist acts against Pakistan in Afghanistan.
Really? Linky, please.

America knowingly sheltered a major Baloch terrorist inside Afghanistan and facilitated for his travel to Switzerland.
Go see Wikileaks.

As long as America continues to kill civilians whether its intentional or not, people will resent this and join the militants in masses to fight America.
I doubt it. As in Iraq it takes years for deeds to get past the fog of militant propaganda; the Iraqi populace didn't like innocents dying but gained confidence in American judgment in such matters. I that that America with its focused drone strikes that keep civilian casualties down is building greater moral credibility in Afghanistan than the militants.

Pakistan, of course, is the story of this thread: anti-Americanism inculcated from the elementary school level to blind Pakistanis to reality. It's necessary to dispose of a lot of good academic practices and tons of logical thinking to maintain this. In the long run the damage to Pakistan has been immense and unnecessary.

Solomon give it a rest.
The US has abysmal Human rights records and no one is buying that people you tortured happens to tell you that Pakistan was involved. It's easy to get someone to blame Pakistan after you torture them for a little while.

And your justice system is also a joke. Your justice system sentence John walker lynd to life in prison for simply being in Afghanistan before 2001, while they acquitted rapist and murderers in the military. And if any solider does happen to get convicted, they get maximum 3 of 4 years.

As a Pakistani, i am afraid, i have to agree...
The problem is not just with the government, but also with the people.

Then what is it?
This is why America went to Afghanistan:
chimagephpimagenever148.gif

I don't forget what happened. I don't forget that America had the right to do what it did in Afghanistan. And I especially don't forget that in the past decade it has been us Americans who are the liberators of the Afghans and Iraqis from the rule of terrorists so their peoples can stand on their own as best as they can.
An inside Job no proof of who did this and who didn't America media just started propaganda against Afghanistan because they already had decided to attack Afghanistan

how is this terrorist troll "solomon" not banned yet?

4,500+ posts are you kidding me?

Solomon give it a rest.
An inside Job no proof of who did this and who didn't America media just started propaganda against Afghanistan because they already had decided to attack Afghanistan
I am teaching yet in the final analysis it has to be Pakistanis who must be willing to work to clear the fog from their brains for the betterment of themselves and their country.

That includes you, Zarvan and Rusty. Are you going to start or will you continue to rot in the stink of your own reflections?

Back
Top Bottom