What's new

THE PAF ACE (must see)

What are so many of our pilots doing in America? (probably DC).

I'm sure people here have heard of Muhammad Mahmood Alam. He is the only PAF ace to date, but is one of my favourite pilots for shooting down 5 aircraft (despite the fact that the aircraft shot down were of the IAF) in 1965, with 3 of them being shot down in less than a minute.

But sadly, he was grounded during the '71 war due to his bengali origin.

Khuda ka wasta hi just ------------------ I dont know what to say.
he being one of your favourite and you dont know how many planes he actually shot down your figures are wrong . Second he was not grounded in 71 when you dont know the facts dont write them please.
In my course I had 2 bangali GDPs they both fought with me side by side in Dhaka( jessore, Chittagong, Thakurgaon, Lalmunirhat, Kurmitola ) Peshawar and Sargodha.One retired as a AVM and the other Air Cdre.
After 71 war pilots who wanted to Join or in other words establish BAF were Honourably Discharged and they joined BAF with the same ranks they left PAF.

Khuda ka wasta hi just ------------------ I dont know what to say.
he being one of your favourite and you dont know how many planes he actually shot down your figures are wrong . Second he was not grounded in 71 when you dont know the facts dont write them please.
In my course I had 2 bangali GDPs they both fought with me side by side in Dhaka( jessore, Chittagong, Thakurgaon, Lalmunirhat, Kurmitola ) Peshawar and Sargodha.One retired as a AVM and the other Air Cdre.
After 71 war pilots who wanted to Join or in other words establish BAF were Honourably Discharged and they joined BAF with the same ranks they left PAF.

May be Hon Murad can correct me. I have met MM Alam myself at the home of a mutual friend in Kuwait ( An ex PAF pilot seconded to Kuwait as an instructor whoes wife was from Sargodha) I was under the impression that MM Alam, even though born in Calcutta was actually of Bihari origin. Understand that even today he lives in Karachi.

May be Hon Murad can correct me. I have met MM Alam myself at the home of a mutual friend in Kuwait ( An ex PAF pilot seconded to Kuwait as an instructor whoes wife was from Sargodha) I was under the impression that MM Alam, even though born in Calcutta was actually of Bihari origin. Understand that even today he lives in Karachi.

Niaz I know your back ground and know that you met him and I know the 2 senior officer you met in dubai as well. My point is simple out of 34 years with PAF I have spent 20 years with him, who would know more.
MM Alam shot a total of 9 planes and not in one day.

I'm sure people here have heard of Muhammad Mahmood Alam. He is the only PAF ace to date, but is one of my favourite pilots for shooting down 5 aircraft (despite the fact that the aircraft shot down were of the IAF) in 1965, with 3 of them being shot down in less than a minute.

But sadly, he was grounded during the '71 war due to his bengali origin.

Same message to you from my side as that of Sir Murad. You've fondly mentioned him shooting down 3 in less than a minute...I think you and I both know well that he shot down 5, so kindly add two more to that sum of yours :cheesy: and him being grounded in 1971 because of his origin...dude first thing - he was not a bengali he is behari, which is why he is in Pakistan :pakistan:

You don't even know where he was posted in 1971 so no point going there.

And yes Sir Murad I have a picture of M.M.Alam's with his Sabre, on which one can clearly see those 9 Indian Flags stamps/markings beneath his canopy, representing those kills!

One of the F-86 in the Modeling thread i believe is depicting his aircraft. ^

Su-47, MM Alam is not a Bengali. He is a bihari and still lives in Pakistan. There was no ethnic factor in his grounding or retirement later on. He just did not get along with some of his superiors. To this day, he is a hero to all Pakistanis.

Here is a snippet:

Mohammad Mahmood Alam, who was born in 1935 in the state of Bihar, Western Bengal, is so far the top scorer fighter pilot of PAF.

According to M. M. Alam himself, he is now a changed man. After his promotion to Wing Commander, he bagan to question and rectify his lifestyle, and reached the conclusion that the abandonment of traditional Islamic values by the PAF constituted a betrayal of the people it served. The most obvious symbol of that compromise of values was the consumption of alcohol. Alam not only quit such immoral and unIslamic practices himself, but also took the initiative to persuade his colleagues to banish alcohol from the officers' mess. Not surprisingly, Alam's growing zeal for Islam frustrated many PAF officers, a good many of whom were his superiors.

I think he is a Bengali. He was born July 6, 1935 in Calcutta, British India. He is popularly known as "M.M. Alam" and nicknamed "Peanut" due to his short stature. He hailed from East Pakistan.

MM Alam is known for his actions during the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965 when he was posted at Sargodha. During this war he was involved in various dogfights. He claimed nine Hunters of the Indian Air Force downed in air-to-air combat, 5 of them in less than a minute,as follows:

September 6, 1965, One Hawker Hunter: Squadron Leader Ajit Kumar Rawlley, No 7 Squadron, Killed in action, near Tarn Taran.

September 7, 1965, Three Hawker Hunters (in one mission): Squadron Leader Onkar Nath Kacker, No 27 Sqn, POW, Squadron Leader Suresh B Bhagwat and Flying Officer Jagdev Singh Brar, No 7 Squadron, KIA, near Sangla Hill.

September 16, 1965, One Hawker Hunter: Flying Officer Farokh Dara Bunsha, No 7 Squadron, KIA, near Amritsar.

Another Bengali hero of 1965 war was Zia-ur-Rehman(Husband of Bangladesh President Khalida Zia) .During the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965, Zia served in the Khemkaran sector in Punjab as the commander of a company unit of 300–500 soldiers. The sector was the scene of the most intense battles between the rival armies. Zia's unit won one of the highest numbers of gallantry awards for heroic performances. Zia-ur-Rahman himself won the distinguished and prestigious Hilal-e-Jurat medal , and his unit won 7 Sitara-e-Jurat medals and 12 Tamgha-e-Jurat medals for their brave roles in the 1965 War with India.

Back
Top Bottom