What's new

The Northern Light Infantry - The Victors

Pakistans Air Defence in this area was only AA Guns and MANPAD which had not the range to engage the Indian Mirrages 2000 !

And it was not the case that the PA HQ did not know that, I hope the Pakistan Army have learned his lessons about Air Defence in the Kargil war and have inducted long range SAM !

damnit its an old thread...and i thought i could troll here,.. =(

But Mush in his book categorically stated that only Kashmiri 'freedom fighters' took part in Kargil? :cheesy: Then how come NLI troops were awarded with gallantry? So Mush the commando must be a liar! :pissed: And a big one at that!

Story of Lalak Jan Shaahed is really a tale of endless courage. I would encourage everyone to please read his account on Wikipedia or any other source.

Yes i did undoubtedly the man was the Son of Mountains and a steel wall himself.

But Mush in his book categorically stated that only Kashmiri 'freedom fighters' took part in Kargil? :cheesy: Then how come NLI troops were awarded with gallantry? So Mush the commando must be a liar! :pissed: And a big one at that!

NLI were no regulars n r Kashmiris(peole of Gilgitt-Baltistan). After their performance they were introduced in full size army.
Read the first page of the thread to get an info abt them n their history.

Sorry to burst the bubble here actually forces like NLI don't deserve to fight for Pak, lives wasted, the same Pak Army refused their bodies after Kargil. Pak Army doesn't value its true soldiers as they should. Also, regular Indian infantry regiments are more than a match to NLI.

Sorry to burst the bubble here actually forces like NLI don't deserve to fight for Pak, lives wasted, the same Pak Army refused their bodies after Kargil. Pak Army doesn't value its true soldiers as they should. Also, regular Indian infantry regiments are more than a match to NLI.

Sorry but the Pakistani NLI is a regular Infantry Regiment of Pakistan Army which enjoy the equal respect, honour, training and equipment of the Pakistan Army and the Pakistani folk. In the philosophy of Pakistan Army is no place and point about your negative statements and comments.

But what we can point is that the NLI is no more a light paramilitary force, instead its a heavy mountain fighting force, which is fully equipped with the needed equipment and Logistics for the call of duty against India or any enemy.

NLI in duty:

1385628_536646729762500_1092580698_n.jpg
1044739_589733254453847_530677767_n.jpg
375040_456808614412979_1436739245_n.jpg
148654_383754421718399_1984591751_n.jpg

1379956_531503813610125_1155735360_n.jpg

by the way:

"The Northern Light Infantry was made a regular regiment of the Pakistan army after its performance in the Kargil War in 1999; prior to this it was a paramilitary force."

We decimated NLI. That's the right word. Decimation. That regiment honour was a moral booster thing for them.

And we decimated many indian formations that attacked us in Kargil, some indian units had over 75% casualties.

advantage of heights.

didn't really stop or even demoralise us, those deaths now, did they ?

each of our shaheeds was a son of his soil. Vande Mataram !!!

Back
Top Bottom