What's new

The 'New York Times' Publishes Racist Comic About India's Space Mission

WTF!! Its not racist even a bit. You guys should be proud! :|

You think this is racist ?

Life%20Magazine%20Cartoon%20Watermelon.jpg

common its free press let them write what they want.
why should we be bothered atleast we dont have ayotullahs to issue fatwa

702731e8701aa515ecdb34b0549f6842.jpg

6657819e88c00f3f9a064ca992fc9f56.jpg

Attachments

• 6657819e88c00f3f9a064ca992fc9f56.jpg
    6657819e88c00f3f9a064ca992fc9f56.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 22
common its free press let them write what they want.
why should we be bothered atleast we dont have ayotullahs to issue fatwa

No need to issue fatwas. If you accept this now, they will walk all over you. Just expose this as racism on part of NYT- and let public perception take care of it.

Not sure about the cartoon being racist or not, but here is a problem with some people:

The male engineers are wearing Western gear, while some of the female engineers are rocking traditional silk saris, the kind usually worn on special occasions, and jasmine flowers in their hair. On regular days, they work in full suits.

Okay..? so This author thinks Dhoti/vaeshti/lungi is backward, and full suits/western gear is good? This sort of colonized mindset (As Rajiv Malhotra terms it "difference anxiety") needs to go.

I dont understand why the author even needs to apologize for women wearing a Saree. Seriously sad.

Last edited:
Not sure about the cartoon being racist or not, but here is a problem with some people:

Okay..? so Dhoti/vaeshti/lungi is backward, and full suits/western gear is good? This sort of colonized mindset (As Rajiv Malhotra terms it "difference anxiety") needs to go.
I dont understand why the author even needs to apologize for women wearing a Saree. Seriously sad.

I don't find anything racist here. The author who is from West is shocked to see ISRO work life which is so different when compared with NASA and ESA. Author had a cultural shock.

Same way how Indians visiting foreign countries don't litter but they litter in India.

I don't find anything racist here. The author who is from West is shocked to see ISRO work life which is so different when compared with NASA and ESA. Author had a cultural shock.

Same way how Indians visiting foreign countries don't litter but they litter in India.
I didnt really feel offended at the cartoon tbh, I was more amused by the the author criticizing the cartoon (Sharanya Haridas). and her need to tell the world that Indians wear western attire too

Nothing wrong with that cartoon...... It depends on your interpretation......

Back
Top Bottom