The Muslim Miss World: Nigerian contestant crowned in beauty pageant

Mujraparty

Reaction score
Country
India
Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola of Nigeria crowned in Jakarta, Indonesia

Miss Muslimah World organised by World Muslimah Foundation

The Muslim women's group said it was an 'Islamic response' to Miss World

Contest featured 20 modestly dressed women from Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Brunei, Nigeria and Bangladesh

Final of traditional Miss World contest takes place in Bali on 28 September

A Nigerian woman has been crowned Muslim Miss World in the final of a beauty pageant organised by a women's group in direct response to the mainstream Miss World competition taking place in Indonesia.

Miss Nigeria, Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola, 21, won the Miss Muslimah World contest which was organised by the World Muslimah Foundation, a Muslim women's group, and held in Indonesia's capital city of Jakarta as a protest to the traditional contest being held in Bali this month.
The annual Muslim event - now in its third year - is held exclusively for Muslim women, who are assessed not only their appearance (in Islamic dress) but also their piety, religious knowledge and understanding of the Koran.

article-0-1BE610A0000005DC-290_634x585.jpg

article-2425159-1BE60EE3000005DC-501_306x491.jpg

article-2425159-1BE5FD99000005DC-158_634x755.jpg

More than 500 Muslim women entered the contest online, with 20 finalists chosen by judges. Entrants were asked to talk people through their path to the religion and what wearing a headscarf meant to them.

When Miss Nigeria was announced the winner - and won a trip to Mecca - she recited a verse from the Koran.

Meanwhile in Bali, the mainstream pageant was subject to protests by hard-line Muslims within the world's most populous Muslim country, even though organisers relented and agreed to cancel the bikini round.

Moreover, its final - held on 28 September - was due to take place in Jakarta, but it has now been agreed that the whole pageant will take place in Bali, a Hindu-majority island, where armed police are on high alert following warnings that the contest could be a target for terror attacks

article-2425159-1BE5FD69000005DC-35_634x497.jpg

article-2425159-1BE657FA000005DC-652_634x421.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...eant-held-oppose-Miss-World-contest-Bali.html

is this contest based on beauty and knowledge of world OR based on just knowledge of islam,personally i dont think its a beauty contest(based on looks of winner)

I thinks it's a good step. Wish we could have a Miss Universe crowned with the greatest intellect and not well you know what. High time we stop making women objects.

All of you are looking elegant.

Thank you ladies.

God Bless you all . You are showing to the world, women are NOT commodities.

All of you are looking elegant.

Thank you ladies.

God Bless you all . You are showing to the world, women are NOT commodities.

Its exactly the opposite. If they are not commodities then why are they forced to hide in burqas? I find only women in the west are equals to men. everywhere else its the same they are discriminated and treated as commodities especially in the Muslim world where polygamy is not a crime.

and everywhere else includes India too..

Its exactly the opposite. If they are not commodities then why are they forced to hide in burqas? I find only women in the west are equals to men. everywhere else its the same they are discriminated and treated as commodities especially in the Muslim world where polygamy is not a crime.

and everywhere else includes India too..

1. Women are NOT at all equal to men in West as well. You need to broaden your study. Discrimination against even working women continues there. Starting with less pay as compared to males. Even in field like Journalism the foreigners were surprise to know that women journalists here even in KPK are getting equal or more salary than males.

2. They are NOT forced to wear burqa. And secondly the Miss world beauty contest is a joke where they parade women naked and male judges vote based on their own bias and mostly on political bases for expanding their business in those countries .

India is an example where this Miss nudity world contest is used for promotion of cosmetics companies .

So tomorrow ,,there will be ,,,Buddhist,hindu,sikh,parsi,sindhi,shia,sunni,christians,jews,........hmmm,,,,

whats wrong with that??

Do you think the only winner be she deserve it or not represents the entire world for Miss title?

Ewww we don't see our sisters and mothers like that baaji.

Other's sisters and mothers though is ok.

BUT why?

I know no body sees that's where we differ with this selective morality double standard :)

Women are the most beautiful creatures God has created so don't link beauty to nudity.

BUT why?

I know no body sees that's where we differ with this selective morality double standard :)

Women are the most beautiful creatures God has created so don't link beauty to nudity.

There's no selective morality. Its simply biology.

You are not hardwired towards procreating with your own blood.

Those sections of humanity that do, go against biology and natural selection.

Coming to your point about nudity and beauty, please understand that God made us nude. Its we who went ahead and covered up. So if you or anyone else is really hyper pious, they need to strip to the buff and flaunt it as God made it.

....and what about others wanting to see our sisters and mothers like that.........;)

Absolutely. There are no double standards there. If my mother or sister (I don't have one, so rhetorical) took part in a beauty pageant, expecting others to be gawking at their assets and sizing them up is part of the territory.

1. Women are NOT at all equal to men in West as well. You need to broaden your study. Discrimination against even working women continues there. Starting with less pay as compared to males. Even in field like Journalism the foreigners were surprise to know that women journalists here even in KPK are getting equal or more salary than males.

2. They are NOT forced to wear burqa. And secondly the Miss world beauty contest is a joke where they parade women naked and male judges vote based on their own bias and mostly on political bases for expanding their business in those countries .

India is an example where this Miss nudity world contest is used for promotion of cosmetics companies .

Yar lets not get India & Pakistan on this topic both countries stand at the same point when it comes to respecting women.

Yar lets not get India & Pakistan on this topic both countries stand at the same point when it comes to respecting women.

Agreed. :)))

I was talking about real world's usage of tools to boost their own economy and you also know choosing India had been giving them a fair big market for skin products.

The bottom line is ITS NOT about beauty at all

Personaly I admire women in hijab, it looks elegant! :tup:

There's no selective morality. Its simply biology.

You are not hardwired towards procreating with your own blood.

Those sections of humanity that do, go against biology and natural selection.

It has more to do with psychological and emotional reasons than biology and natural selection..

Back
Top Bottom