What's new

The most and least happy countries around the globe

They pick up a number of people does a survey, ask them few questions hopefully they answer honestly.

It doesn't matter if you're Socially and Economically weak as a country, if you fair well in other indicators your ranks shoot up so don't be surprised to see Libyans happier than Chinese:)

Or Nigeria who now have nearly half of it's people living in extreme poverty again fairing better than China.
There's one important measure... There are more poor people in India than in Pakistan (percentage of total population)

I know that India is catching up fast, but it will still take a few years.

There's one important measure... There are more poor people in India than in Pakistan (percentage of total population)

I know that India is catching up fast, but it will still take a few years.
No. Nearly 40% of Pakistanis are poor. Which is 27% in India, but in numbers it is very high amounts to some 300+ million so the scale of poverty reduction required in comparison to Pak you could get out of this much easier.

No. Nearly 40% of Pakistanis are poor. Which is 27% in India, but in numbers it is very high amounts to some 300+ million so the scale of poverty reduction required in comparison to Pak you could get out of this much easier.
Poor vs very poor makes the difference. Pakistan came out of extreme poverty long time back. India is still trying to...

Check this out

https://worldpoverty.io/

Poor vs very poor makes the difference. Pakistan came out of extreme poverty long time back. India is still trying to...
Again that's all included in MPI. Our extreme poverty is 2.8% but significant in number. On the other side, there is more than 70% of people around 950 million living out of poverty in lower middle class range.

I agree Indians arent more happy. Its becoz of the society always wanting to do better and excel. More ambitions, need for a better living standard, more expectations, even China is lower than Pakistan, proving my point. The reasons for unhappiness is important. An index about ambitions or goals i had seen years back rated indians are the most willing and ambitious.

US, Canada and Europe should be dirt happy, considering your stupid vedic logic

I agree Indians arent more happy. Its becoz of the society always wanting to do better and excel. More ambitions, need for a better living standard, more expectations, even China is lower than Pakistan, proving my point. The reasons for unhappiness is important. An index about ambitions or goals i had seen years back rated indians are the most willing and ambitious.

Exactly, it's similar to how a jobless person can be very happy and a successful person could be very unhappy in life. It has a lot to with ambitions.

Khushi ka reason tou india nay hi provide kiya hai.

Feb 27 2019:azn::D

And India is unhappy because they could not get a sip of fantastic tea.
So thats enough for your happiness, wont even comment further.

Exactly, it's similar to how a jobless person can be very happy and a successful person could be very unhappy in life. It has a lot to with ambitions.
They are saying that becoz of 27th feb they are happy. Probably our standard for happiness is much higher, it is we to blame, we want to have a high living standard, good education, good economy, want to be a global power, want to explore the space, be in forefront of technology, meet our parents expectations, etc etc. We are not so happy go lucky to find satisfaction in life after a military skirmish. Jeez

Again that's all included in MPI. Our extreme poverty is 2.8% but significant in number. On the other side, there is more than 70% of people around 950 million living out of poverty in lower middle class range.
And extreme poverty in Pakistan is 1%.. the two percent difference when compared to your population size is huge.. anyway, I don't want to enter into any D measuring contest here.. what I have seen is that Pakistanis are happier than the other neighbors and one reason I could think of is undocumented economy of Pakistan..

And extreme poverty in Pakistan is 1%.. the two percent difference when compared to your population size is huge.. anyway, I don't want to enter into any D measuring contest here.. what I have seen is that Pakistanis are happier than the other neighbors and one reason I could think of is undocumented economy of Pakistan..

Wealth Report: Pakistan Middle Class Larger & Richer Than India's

Pakistan’s middle class consists of over 6.27 million adults, according to wealth criteria used by Credit Suisse in its Global Wealth Report 2015. It represents 5.7% share of Pakistan’s total adult population of 111 million, almost twice as large as India’s middle class made up of 3% of its adult population based on the same criteria.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/973649/pakistan-has-18th-largest-middle-class-in-the-world-report/

...so the difference is quite big, Pakistan middle class consists of 5.7% of total adult population and India's middle class consists of 3% of their total adult population.

In absolute numbers India will be ahead with 1.35 billion population and with 3% of the population regarded as middle class, in percentile Pakistan is ahead with 210 million population and with 5.7% consists of middle class, adult population.

http://publications.credit-suisse.c...fm?fileid=C26E3824-E868-56E0-CCA04D4BB9B9ADD5

Back
Top Bottom