What's new

The Lightning Barak 8

No aircraft Can fly at Mach 2 for to Long or it Ran out of Fuel to reach that speed aircraft have to use full afterburners That too Can not be achieved for very long.

Mach 2 is at a low level which is very good. No plane can cross Mach 1.2 to 1.4 at this level even with after burner.

Exactly, why did you even start to debate when you are clearly implying that you know more than the scientists who actually made the missile. Take the high road.

LOL, I am not responsible for your assumptions or your inability to understand what you read. Nor is my ability to start a debate subjected to your approval.

Wow.
Where are you coming up with all this? Please give me one link somewhere, anywhere that can enlighten a plebian like me to your bullshit.
BTW Barak has a two stage rocket motor, while astra single.
SO wrong again you are.

Barak is a SAM while Astra is a A2A, so why would astra need a dual pulse motor ? Since nothing significant is know about the barak 8, everything is speculation. That includes most of the Bullshit which you claim too.

Now now you correct yourself, don't quote me to your own assumptions. I already explained about how escaping(tail chase) and manuevering(BFM, ACM) can be both dealt with. Don't break my sentences to your liking just to show how obstinate you are.

As I said when in Barak-8s flight envelope the fighter is neither fast enough to go past Barak-8 and nor does it have any countermeasures to block it, not jammers not chaffs.

I don't care much for your explanation since it is only done for your benefit to building a strawman and knocking it down to claim a desperate victory. I have already explained that no fighter will enter into a SAM's kill envelop, yet to insist on dragging this strawman and you call me obstinate :lol:

Please enlighten me to your "warfare 101" , name 1 quote from 1 book where the fighter can somehow magically destroy interceptors, dodge past all SAMs, remain undetected by multiple ground radars and aerial radars, and still drop PGMs without air superiority while flying noe?
You just keep implying without actually answering anything that I have propounded.
BTW, NONE OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR ORIGINAL POINT SPEED AND RANGE WHICH I ALREADY PROVED MOOT.

LOL. Google it. Here is one linke to get you started. Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because you can't answer, Mr. strawman argument. As simple as that.

I don't need to knock down your strawmen. That is your job. A child need for self validation. Spare me the nonsense.

LOL, I am not responsible for your assumptions or your inability to understand what you read. Nor is my ability to start a debate subjected to your approval.

Yeah you keep diverting the subject, it won't make you any less wrong.

Barak is a SAM while Astra is a A2A, so why would astra need a dual pulse motor ?

What the Fukc is wrong with you dude, are you so desperate for a keyboard victory?
When did I ever say that?

This is what you said.
In all probability the dual pulse motor on Astra is the same one used on barak 8.

To which I explained that Barak has a two stage rocket motor, while astra single.

Stop twisting my words.

Since nothing significant is know about the barak 8, everything is speculation. That includes most of the Bullshit which you claim too.

Everything significant is already known about Barak, which is why it was deemed operational.

In the Israel Aerospace Industries website. Yes the ones who actually made the missile, but I doubt you knew that just like you didn't know that Barak 8 had a dual stage motor.
See you are the one spewing bullshit.

http://www.iai.co.il/2013/34408-36713-en/IAI.aspx

I don't care much for your explanation since it is only done for your benefit to building a strawman and knocking it down to claim a desperate victory. I have already explained that no fighter will enter into a SAM's kill envelop, yet to insist on dragging this strawman and you call me obstinate :lol:

Then your whole point is moot and nothing you have said up until now makes zero sense.
PLEASE THINK BEFORE ACTUALLY REPLYING. If the fighter wants to attack a ground target thru standoff missiles how will it do so without entering the enemy airspace? Or without being detected first and being engaged by an IAF interceptor.
Because a fighter can't really fly higher than the Barak-8's flight envelop.

AND OPERATORS WILL NOT FIRE A SAM IF THE FIGHTER IS NOT IN THE MISSILE"S ENVELOPE.

LOL. Google it. Here is one linke to get you started. Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh hooray for you, you posted a wikipedia link.
You just keep on proving you know nothing.
A proper modern example of SEAD operations is Operation Desert Storm where US used bombers, stealth planes and fighters against outdated SA-2s and 3s of the 50s and 60s.
Barak-8 is a modern and advanced system.

BTW I'm asking about fighter tactics and the countermeasures that a fighter carries not the name of the mission it is conducting.

I don't need to knock down your strawmen. That is your job. A child need for self validation. Spare me the nonsense.

Or in other words you really enjoy your daily dose of denial.

Last edited:
Yeah you keep diverting the subject, it won't make you any less wrong.

Won't make you right either.

What the Fukc is wrong with you dude, are you so desperate for a keyboard victory?
When did I ever say that?
This is what you said.
To which I explained that Barak has a two stage rocket motor, while astra single.
Stop twisting my words.

LOL. I mentioned dual pulse motor on the Barak, not you. You have serious comprehension issues, or maybe it is lack of general intelligence.

Everything significant is already known about Barak, which is why it was deemed operational.
In the Israel Aerospace Industries website. Yes the ones who actually made the missile, but I doubt you knew that just like you didn't know that Barak 8 had a dual stage motor.
See you are the one spewing bullshit.
http://www.iai.co.il/2013/34408-36713-en/IAI.aspx

It is known to the manufacturers and operators you fool, not to the general public :lol: ........ are you the operator ? :cheesy:

Then your whole point is moot and nothing you have said up until now makes zero sense.
PLEASE THINK BEFORE ACTUALLY REPLYING. If the fighter wants to attack a ground target thru standoff missiles how will it do so without entering the enemy airspace? Or without being detected first and being engaged by an IAF interceptor.
Because a fighter can't really fly higher than the Barak-8's flight envelop.
AND OPERATORS WILL NOT FIRE A SAM IF THE FIGHTER IS NOT IN THE MISSILE"S ENVELOPE.

Do you even understand the difference between KILL ENVELOP and FLIGHT ENVELOP ? Do you know the difference between Kill Envelop and Enemy air space ? Do you know the difference between Kill Envelop, launch envelop and operational range ? Find somebody of your own calibre to wrestle with. I am tired of educating you.

Oh hooray for you, you posted a wikipedia link.
You just keep on proving you know nothing.
A proper modern example of SEAD operations is Operation Desert Storm where US used bombers, stealth planes and fighters against outdated SA-2s and 3s of the 50s and 60s.
Barak-8 is a modern and advanced system.

BTW I'm asking about fighter tactics and the countermeasures that a fighter carries not the name of the mission it is conducting.

You can ask all you want and blabber all you want to satisfy your need for a strawman victory. I am talking about Barak 8.

Or in other words you really enjoy your daily dose of denial.

LOL. Get a life kiddo.

BEFORE I EDUCATE YOU AGAIN, YOU REALIZE THAT YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED 1 SINGLE LINK ABOUT BARAK-8 NOT BEING A GOOD SAM? WHICH PROBABLY MEANS NO ONE IN THE WHOLE FUKCING INTERNET AGREES WITH YOU.
PONDER ON THAT

Won't make you right either.

Oh so you are the only beacon of right, whereas everyone here on this thread disagreeing with you(which is everyone) is wrong?

It is quite evident from all those negative ratings how right you have been until now.

LOL. I mentioned dual pulse motor on the Barak, not you. You have serious comprehension issues, or maybe it is lack of general intelligence.

Why are you still arguing about it?
You were wrong(like everything else), when you said both motors on Astra and Barak are same, WHICH THEY ARE NOT.

It is known to the manufacturers and operators you fool, not to the general public :lol: ........ are you the operator ? :cheesy:

WOW, you are serious idiot, but I still feel the need to educate you.
That site is for everyone including the public hence the brochure smartass.
But you want a statement from IAI(Boaz Levy VP & GM of IAI’s Systems, Missiles and Space Group) to the general public?
Israel Concludes Developmental Testing of Barak-8 Missile Defense System | Defense News | defensenews.com
ENJOY your well earned denial

Do you even understand the difference between KILL ENVELOP and FLIGHT ENVELOP ? Do you know the difference between Kill Envelop and Enemy air space ? Do you know the difference between Kill Envelop, launch envelop and operational range ? Find somebody of your own calibre to wrestle with. I am tired of educating you.

BULLSHIT.
FINALLY CAUGHT WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN.
Now you are just making most of those stuff up now that you have nothing to retort about.:rofl:
Explain to me all those "differences betweens" with a legit internet link or link to any warfare book?
Or you gonna dodge the question again like every single time.

You can ask all you want and blabber all you want to satisfy your need for a strawman victory. I am talking about Barak 8.

No you were talking about SEAD MISSIONS .I was talking about Barak-8.

Last edited:
BEFORE I EDUCATE YOU AGAIN, YOU REALIZE THAT YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED 1 SINGLE LINK ABOUT BARAK-8 NOT BEING A GOOD SAM? WHICH PROBABLY MEANS NO ONE IN THE WHOLE FUKCING INTERNET AGREES WITH YOU.
PONDER ON THAT

Where did I say Barak 8 is not a good sam ? :lol: ........ my point has been about its short comings. I am not responsible for your stupidity or your assumptions. How many times should say it before it sinks in ?

Oh so you are the only beacon of right, whereas everyone here on this thread disagreeing with you(which is everyone) is wrong?
It is quite evident from all those negative ratings how right you have been until now.

LOL..... its pathetic when you have to get down to ad hominem attack. Only show how wrong you are.

Why are you still arguing about it?
You were wrong(like everything else), when you said both motors on Astra and Barak are same, WHICH THEY ARE NOT.

You are the one arguing over strawmen because you want a desperate victory. Now provide a link which says the motors on Barak and Astra ARE NOT THE SAME :lol:

WOW, you are serious idiot, but I still feel the need to educate you.
That site is for everyone including the public hence the brochure smartass.
But you want a statement from IAI(Boaz Levy VP & GM of IAI’s Systems, Missiles and Space Group) to the general public?
Israel Concludes Developmental Testing of Barak-8 Missile Defense System | Defense News | defensenews.com
ENJOY your well earned denial

Don't bother to display your ignorance by pretending to educate anyone. Show me authentic link that says Barak 8 can engage with Enemy Jet at 70 km. :cheesy:

Give me a link that gives the speed of Braak 8.

BULLSHIT.
FINALLY CAUGHT WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN.
Now you are just making most of those stuff up now that you have nothing to retort about.:rofl:
Explain to me all those "differences betweens" with a legit internet link or link to any warfare book?
Or you gonna dodge the question again like every single time.

LOL. Do you seriously expect me to educate you after I have specifically said I am not going to do it ? :rofl: ....... looks like everyting outside the scope of your knowledge is Bullshit :lol:

No you were talking about SEAD MISSIONS .I was talking about Barak-8.

Liar liar ...... you were the one who brought in SPYDER and Defence network and all the rest just to knock down a strawmen and claim victory.

Where did I say Barak 8 is not a good sam ? :lol: ........ my point has been about its short comings. I am not responsible for your stupidity or your assumptions. How many times should say it before it sinks in ?

LOL..... its pathetic when you have to get down to ad hominem attack. Only show how wrong you are.

You are the one arguing over strawmen because you want a desperate victory. Now provide a link which says the motors on Barak and Astra ARE NOT THE SAME :lol:

Don't bother to display your ignorance by pretending to educate anyone. Show me authentic link that says Barak 8 can engage with Enemy Jet at 70 km. :cheesy:

Give me a link that gives the speed of Braak 8.

LOL. Do you seriously expect me to educate you after I have specifically said I am not going to do it ? :rofl: ....... looks like everyting outside the scope of your knowledge is Bullshit :lol:

Liar liar ...... you were the one who brought in SPYDER and Defence network and all the rest just to knock down a strawmen and claim victory.

"semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit"
But you have none, only you ego and the ability to write bullshit. FACT.:coffee:

You know what dude you win, you are clearly not here to have a logical discussion, just to get your rocks off on bullshit jargon with no scientific basis, stick to your BCom at the least you can fool some idiot there.
You did win, you won at your amazing logical fallacies.
I mean how can I argue, after all everyone in this thread is wrong and the scientists are wrong only MokshaVimukthi is right.After all it took you 10 seconds to come up with your 1st comment while the engineers and scientists have only been working for 6 years, I mean how could you be wrong they are wrong. If Boaz Levy(executive vice president and general manager of IAI’s Systems, Missiles and Space Group) says "Barak is tested against an air-breathing target mimicking advanced maneuvering capabilities of fighter bombers", how could he be right after all you are right since your words are written in stone. If you say "Barak-8 can only do 20km" and not 70km or the probable 100km+ for the air force's version you are right and they are wrong. If you say AAM and SAM are the same then who can refute you. MokshaVimukthi's "warfare 101" has a system where where the fighter can somehow magically destroy interceptors, dodge past all SAMs, remain undetected by multiple ground radars and aerial radars, and still drop PGMs without air superiority while flying noe and the the Barak-8 still can't hit it, you have to wonder why Pakistan still hasn't done it already but MokshaVimukthi know's better than the IAF after all who am I to argue. If you say "In all probability the dual pulse motor on Astra is the same one used on barak 8", then that completely changes the truth after all probably Barak does not have a dual stage motor or maybe Astra does not have a single stage motor and this video by Israel Aerospace Industries IAI is completely fake watch?v=k4DbLtJKTRk. And the IAI is wrong they can make missiles but still they are so wrong compared to MokshaVimukthi, http://www.iai.co.il/2013/34408-36713-en/IAI.aspx, everything is a lie in their website or any website http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/india/lr-sam.htm for the fact Israel Concludes Developmental Testing of Barak-8 Missile Defense System | Defense News | defensenews.com. If you say random stuff like "difference between kill envelop, launch envelope and enemy airspace" then they must mean something, after all no one knows anything except you. If a fighter is going at mach 1 and Barak-8 going at mach 2 the fighter will still escape after all MokshaVimukthi says so. If MokshaVimukthi has not even 1 single link to back up his claim while there are 100s saying otherwise he is still right.

See how ridiculous it sounds when all your statements are brought together, don't bother saying otherwise with your strawman theories because you have said exactly the stuff above, anyone can consult the last few pages to see that I'm right.
We all know you are going to attack me and not the crux of the matter.
Don't bother quoting me either, I won't reply. Everyone else can see how wrong you are, with this. PERIOD.:coffee:

Last edited:
IAF inducting Barak 8 is quite puzzling. It is an excellent Anti Missile Missile but it is not a very good Anti-Aircraft missile.

IAF needs a very good long range Anti-Aircraft missile that has an effective range of 100 Km or more.
David's Sling. 250km + range, Mach 7.5, anti missiles and anti aircraft.
Considered the best in the world.

its alot of bilions of dollars like 2014 with poland tender 13 bilion dollar

that the reason colaborate with usa in developmant bad thing

aerrow 1 2 3 do you know how much money is it?
hoondred of bilions

we need to develop such thing only for export

its alot of bilions of dollars like 2014 with poland tender 13 bilion dollar

that the reason colaborate with usa in developmant bad thing

aerrow 1 2 3 do you know how much money is it?
hoondred of bilions

we need to develop such thing only for export
Who said the Americans wont allow us to sell it anyways?
I am saying that the first mission of those things is to protect Israel, not to export.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom