What's new

The largest airstrip in Aksai Chin is the G219

Han Patriot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
I just realised the highway along the border is expressway grade. That's the largest airstrip there. No wonder China do not need a lot of air bases.

images

Screenshot_20200629_121816.jpg

I just realised the highway along the border is expressway grade. That's the largest airstrip there. No wonder China do not need a lot of air bases.

images

You don't even need planes. When the PLA is there in full strength, and people in fur hats are hard at work in gyms, the battle is already won. What will planes do?

It can be used as a drone airport or helicopter airport, and may be used as a fighter aircraft airport, but there is no logistics support, and it is impossible to replenish ammunition and fuel.

You don't even need planes. When the PLA is there in full strength, and people in fur hats are hard at work in gyms, the battle is already won. What will planes do?
The reality is too cruel, Indians use fantasy to compensate for psychological damage:omghaha:

It can be used as a drone airport or helicopter airport, and may be used as a fighter aircraft airport, but there is no logistics support, and it is impossible to replenish ammunition and fuel.

The reality is too cruel, Indians use fantasy to compensate for psychological damage:omghaha:

Here we go again; the minute the facts run out, verbiage.

'reality'
'fantasy'
'psychological damage'

All powerful weapons that win great victories in Internetia. [place emoji of choice here]

There is no deny that those propoganda photos failed to make the point, but Chinese soldiers are better fed and better equipped than their Indian counterpart this time around. With the psychological superiorty derived from 1962 routing, not to mention the hardware difference, Chinese actually enjoy the bigger advantage than their 1962 peers.

My guess is there will be NO battle beyond Galwan incident.

There is no deny that those propoganda photos failed to make the point, but Chinese soldiers are better fed and better equipped than their Indian counterpart this time around. With the psychological superiorty derived from 1962 routing, not to mention the hardware difference, Chinese actually enjoy the bigger advantage than their 1962 peers.

My guess is there will be NO battle beyond Galwan incident.

I think so, too. About there being no battle beyond Galwan. As for the rest, if, after reading what I have to say below, you are willing to spare the time to consider an alternate point of view, I should like to say something.

However, I must be frank: the worst part of these recent developments has been the proliferation of utterly stupid posts by some members - some Indians, first of all, speculating about things that they know nothing about, based on snippets of information fed to them (to all of us Indians) by a lying government that has single-handedly created a crisis among all its neighbours simultaneously; some Pakistanis, making a foul exhibition of joy at the hope that their adversary would be bested by a stronger adversary; and, I regret to have to point out, some Chinese and concealed Chinese, seeking to achieve some illusory victory in cyberspace, mainly through constant and rapid repetition of some totally meaningless collections of words.

May I ask why responsible members have not come forward earlier and restored some order into these ludicrous exchanges? I ask in sorrow, not in anger.

No matter what failures India encounters, Indians are still magically confident.

@Dungeness

Both the examples cited are examples of content-free posts intended to wear down the reader. There is zero value in these. Do you think - and this is NOT a prelude to asking you to do anything - this reflects any credit on the cause that the post seeks to uphold? Seriously?

Both the examples cited are examples of content-free posts intended to wear down the reader. There is zero value in these. Do you think - and this is NOT a prelude to asking you to do anything - this reflects any credit on the cause that the post seeks to uphold? Seriously?
I just want to tell you one sentence: live in reality, don't live in dreams

I think so, too. About there being no battle beyond Galwan. As for the rest, if, after reading what I have to say below, you are willing to spare the time to consider an alternate point of view, I should like to say something.

However, I must be frank: the worst part of these recent developments has been the proliferation of utterly stupid posts by some members - some Indians, first of all, speculating about things that they know nothing about, based on snippets of information fed to them (to all of us Indians) by a lying government that has single-handedly created a crisis among all its neighbours simultaneously; some Pakistanis, making a foul exhibition of joy at the hope that their adversary would be bested by a stronger adversary; and, I regret to have to point out, some Chinese and concealed Chinese, seeking to achieve some illusory victory in cyberspace, mainly through constant and rapid repetition of some totally meaningless collections of words.

May I ask why responsible members have not come forward earlier and restored some order into these ludicrous exchanges? I ask in sorrow, not in anger.

@Dungeness

You raised a valid point but you have to take the on going situation into context. Many Chinese members, me included, are merely react to what Indian media said and Indian members posted in this very forum. I refrained to posting an oppinion piece from TV 18 regarding Kashimiris' response to current sino-indian border stanoff, in an effect no to stir things up further.

There is a mentality disperity bettwen South Asians and East Asinas. Ex. I perfectly understood the reasoning behind Chinese not willing to release the casualty numbers, but it seems your people would rather take this as the sign of Chinese weakness or defeat, therefore, accuse China for things they have no idea about. At times, it pissed me off too, why don't you stupid lot understand the simply logic and the good will behind it?

It is a civilazational collide that none of us can do anything about it.

I think we do need to build additional airfields in the region. Currently there are only three in Tibet that can support combat squadrons. In case of war, China would only be able operate a few regiments worth of combat aircraft as of now. While I believe we have better C3I assets, we will be at a clear numerical disadvantage.

Last edited:

Maybe you can park tankers next to it, the ground next to the highways are mostly flat and there is alot of space at the roadside. Only bad thing is maintenance and hangars, but who cares when in a war. Its fight to the last plane. Singapore has the same defense philosophy expressway grade highways are automatically converted to airstrip when air bases are decimated.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom