What's new

The Kharotabad (Quetta) Incident

Cry all you guys want.......... But u cant refute the facts.
1)Their passports were frm USSR era and had expired.
2)No legal visas?
3)They had explosives.
4)We have seen alot of such terrorists frm all over the world coming to our region for the so called jihad.............Hence the the soldiers n cops didnt take a chance.

FACTS or, Lies ...?

0_68d93_8cac392_L

FACTS or, Lies ...?

0_68d93_8cac392_L

Thanks Mr. Jha, for fishing out the picture and posting it here.

But does it matter whether the passports were valid or expired? Or whether they even have passports or any documents at all?

They were shot at. Let's say they were wearing suicide vests. Then what foolish a trained policeman would do multiple shots at a suicide vest to make it explode? The case is crystal clear, one only needs common sense to realize whether the shooting was an act of defense, or crime.

if they are innocent, then its a very sad and regrettable incident

however, i am still very suspicious. What are Chechens doing in Baluchistan? Why are they in Pakistan if their visas were expired 2 years ago (and that is assuming that even those visas were genuine)

we have a war-like situation in parts of the country; it is very suspicious when foreigners --especially Chechens, Uzbeks, Tajiks, etc. are in tribal areas or other regions which are affected by low or mid-to-high level insurgencies

I regret that there was a loss of life; however I don't think our security forces are to blame or should be held accountable for it.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

May be off topic, but I am just curious... why the pillar is painted in Indian flag pattern?

_52867674_012000135-1.jpg

yes it isnt very relevant....who knows? Could even be Italian!

May be off topic, but I am just curious... why the pillar is painted in Indian flag pattern?

_52867674_012000135-1.jpg

Thts the flag of a political party................And abt the passport......... well my frnd u cant see the dates can u? If u can see the other passports of these guys tht they showed on the TV (find it on youtube)... i bet u can see USSR written all over them.

to add clarity to my last post -- i will state that after mujahideen (some of which consisted of Chechen fighters) defeated the soviet army in Afghanistan, a good number stayed behind....they married locally, learned the local languages, and managed to integrate into Afghan and Pakistani society (integrate may be the wrong word here)

but it appears that these Chechens could not at all communicate with the security forces...they may have run, they may have made some suddent movements which caused alarm. Who knows. We werent there. Apparently there is a video of the incident --at least according to BBC. Would be interesting to get hold of it.

as i also stated earlier, i personally do not hold the security forces culpable. If they were innocent -- it's sad. We should have the bodies repatriated to whoever claims them, and compensate the families. However based on my instinct and gut feeling, these people were not up to any good in Pakistan. I am very suspicious of them and their intentions in our country.

Thts the flag of a political party................And abt the passport......... well my frnd u cant see the dates can u? If u can see the other passports of these guys tht they showed on the TV (find it on youtube)... i bet u can see USSR written all over them.

I just saw the video. Was heart wrenching for sure.

But every news piece says it is proven beyond doubt that they were neither suicide bombers, nor did they have any such vest or explosive with them.

About the passport being Russian/CCCP... doesn't really matter. Under no law shall anyone be killed before conviction by the court, unless the killing is done in self defense. The video shows the wounded woman lying 30-40 yards away from the shooters waving her hand upwards, after which she was shot at from different directions. The question of passport doesn't even arise !

Please don't tell me she was shot in self-defense.

but it appears that these Chechens could not at all communicate with the security forces...they may have run, they may have made some suddent movements which caused alarm. Who knows. We werent there. Apparently there is a video of the incident --at least according to BBC. Would be interesting to get hold of it.

Warning: Highly Disturbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw the video. Was heart wrenching for sure.

But every news piece says it is proven beyond doubt that they were neither suicide bombers, nor did they have any such vest or explosive with them.

About the passport being Russian/CCCP... doesn't really matter. Under no law shall anyone be killed before conviction by the court, unless the killing is done in self defense. The video shows the wounded woman lying 30-40 yards away from the shooters waving her hand upwards, after which she was shot at from different directions. The question of passport doesn't even arise !

Please don't tell me she was shot in self-defense.

Well i can assure u tht they wernt killed for fun............Maybe the guys were threatened.......... U just need to press a button to go kaboom..........and the guys didnt take a chance...............Though i agree tht its a sad incident............ But there r still lots of things tht have to be investigated..........

Foriegn terrorists from as far as turkey,germany,maldives and God knows where have been arrested and killed before and their families which travelled with them have been arrested. .........So lets not forget the possibility tht they might be terrorist.

by now Prime Minister or President or Kiyani should have apologized to the Chechen nation...

Your post makes sense, except for this following part:

Well i can assure u tht they wernt killed for fun............

You were not the one who shot. You were not the one killed. You were no witness either. You are also getting news as I am. So please do not assure me. That is a very strong word and carries a lot of weight and responsibility.

I would say, let's wait for a while for the news to filter out. Since there's video, and eyewitnesses, it shouldn't take too long.

Damn I wish I hadn't seen the video.

it may seem excessive; however (from their perspective) they may have thought she was raising her hand to pull a boom-boom chord

all instincts here....when you are shot at on weekly basis, and when you are seeing suicide bombers in your country of course you will be trained and it will be ingrained in your head to 'be on edge'

it is because of suicide bombers and their handlers that we must be on edge....and when one is on edge, mistakes can of course happen. If these jawans knew that they were unarmed and "innocent" (which even now, we don't know what the reality is) then they wouldnt have been fired upon

but in this current security environment it is extremely strange that foreigners like these should be in those areas.....more often than not, they are trouble makers. We dont know if they had connections to terrorist groups or not. Let there be an investigation to ascertain the facts.

what if they were suicide bombers? It would have been another sad day in Pakistan where the claret of our brave and noble soldiers and civilians is being spilt. What are you supposed to do in that situation? Split-second decisions are required; mistakes do happen sometimes.

blame the terrorists for helping to induce this environment of mistrust and having to be on edge. . .

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

by now Prime Minister or President or Kiyani should have apologized to the Chechen nation...

Absolutely NOT

we don't owe them jack shyte

that is exactly what Amreeka says to us, and after reading your comment, rightly so !!

where's the logic in that?

Are we attacking targets inside Chechna? Are we doing anything at all that affects Chechna? No.

But i cant point to you -- SCORES of incidents where foreign militants have attacked our soldiers and/or posed a threat to Pakistan.

If anything -- they should be apologizing to us!

And please don't think that I enjoy or take pride in incidents like these. As i said very clearly --despite my suspicions (which are justified) I am saddened by it if they were innocent and at the wrong place at the wrong time under very difficult and testing circumstances

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom