What's new

The Kharotabad (Quetta) Incident

LOL WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN?

please come to KP. Let me know when you arrive, ill pick you up..

Hahahahaha. I have spent the last two years in KP going from Bajaur to Peshawar almost every week ! Buddy, you are now in UK, yeh 90s wala Pakistan nahi raha. Bribery is still common place but not at the scale that you are trying to project at. And if hassling you at airport is the point in question, then even at Manchester I was searched twice even with my government blue passport and had to pay 100 pounds for "Express Checkout" where I was taken to a counter where there were only a hand full of people and we were checked out pretty quick as compared the rest of the flight who had to wait until 3 flight that had arrived before them were checked out. I would simply describe this as a more refined form of bribery.

You are all acting as if FC's are farishta. Its so lame u guys asking, WHY WOULD FC KILL THEM IF THEY WERE UNARMED?

where the hell do you guys live? Switzerland? Never heard of our police walas killing people in "faek encounters" and our ARMY walas Bombing 100s of innocent people and families waving white flags? (search youtube. a political administrator tells how a whole convoy of families including his 1 year old SON (shown) was KILLED by ARMY). Never heard of target killings and random shootings? WHY?

usually because of HATE or PARANOIA!! Our FC killed innocent muslims for whatever reason. IF THEY HAD KILLED ONE INNOCENT AMERICAN by mistake, dont u thin KIYANI and PASHA and ZARDARI would have come on TV begging for america's mercy?? What happened after Danial Pearl (CIA agents death)?

Its sick how people can support killings of innocents

Ma'am, since you are a lady no one has tried to refute your claims even with the extent of their nonsense nature (with all due respect), i think this should give out a clear enough indication of our gentleman hood.
Now let me try to explain why they were shot at even when they were unarmed. If they were in fact not terrorists than it was just an unfortunate incident,

1. They were foreigners, doesn’t matter if there were ladies with them because we have learnt the hard way that suicide bombers can go to every extent.
2. FC have especially been targeted by terrorist bombers during the recent past.
3. Like someone explained in this thread that the SOP for all security forces is that they are allowed to fire upon anyone who fails to stop when commanded to.

The fact of the matter is, they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Kharotabad firing incident: ‘Foreigners had little else except shampoo bottles’
Published: June 5, 2011

QUETTA:

Eight witnesses appeared before the judicial tribunal appointed by the Balochistan government to probe into the May 17 killing of five foreigners in Kharotabad, and seven of them recorded their statements on Saturday.

The cab driver of the foreigners and an assistant sub-inspector who had intercepted the vehicle at the first check post were among those whose statements were recorded.

The driver, Ata Mohammad, said that he had avoided the Buleli check post on the request of a local man accompanying the foreigners. He said that the man had told him to save the foreigners from being harassed by the police.

He said that some police personnel had stopped the taxi at the first check post and four men had stepped out of the vehicle to talk to the policeman. Police, he said, had searched the foreigners and found two shampoo bottles and four cell phone chargers from them. A police official, Raza Khan, found something from one of the bottles. “I do not know what it was, but it was wrapped in plastic.”

Later on police asked him to take them to a nearby police station. “When we were on the way to the police station a noisy quarrel broke out between police official Raza Khan and the foreigners during which two foreign men simultaneously shouted “Allahu Akbar” (God is great). I stopped the vehicle and I and the police official, stepped out from the vehicle. Raza Khan started firing into the air,” he added.

Responding to a query, the driver said he had not seen anything, except a couple of shampoo bottles. He said that Raza Khan had not informed anyone about the real situation.

ASI Raza Khan contradicted the cab driver’s statement, saying that both foreigners were carrying “hand-grenades”. He had informed his boss, the station house officer, over phone as soon as he “found the suspicious thing from the bottles”.

“They showed me hand grenades, and started shouting ‘Allah-u-Akbar’. When we stopped the vehicle, the foreigners ran after me. I tried to stop them by firing warning shots. Later, I started chasing the foreigners when they entered a narrow alley.”

“I saw the SHO of Kharotabad police station entering the street…from the opposite direction. He also started firing. Subsequently, the foreigners…ran towards the FC (Frontier Constabulary) check post (which was located) on the highway. All five foreigners fell down near the picket after one of the foreigners dropped a hand-grenade, which exploded”.

An ASI in the bomb disposal squad, Yasir Arafat, told the tribunal that he and his colleagues had recovered “a pin and two levers of a hand-grenade” from the corpses.

The SHO of the Airport police station said that about three days ago he had received a letter from CCPO, Quetta, in which the city police chief had warned of a possible terrorist attack on government installations. He said that in response to the letter, security had been enhanced in the entire area.
The tribunal did not record the statement of local magistrate, Sardar Rafique Tareen.

Terming the issue a sensitive one, the provincial advocate-general said most of the witnesses “may feel insecure about recording their statements in public hearings, also attended by media representatives”. He urged the tribunal not to hold “public hearings to protect the eyewitnesses”.
Justice Hashim agreed with the advocate-general for holding the hearing in secret.

The hearing was later adjourned till Monday

“I saw the SHO of Kharotabad police station entering the street…from the opposite direction. He also started firing. Subsequently, the foreigners…ran towards the FC (Frontier Constabulary) check post (which was located) on the highway. All five foreigners fell down near the picket after one of the foreigners dropped a hand-grenade, which exploded”.

An ASI in the bomb disposal squad, Yasir Arafat, told the tribunal that he and his colleagues had recovered “a pin and two levers of a hand-grenade” from the corpses.

Doubts, anybody?

FC is not abiding the law to begin with...

I think rather I know fake witnesses will emerge also, not only lying witnesses....

one thing is for sure had they been Russians, our army would be bowing for pardon, and atleast the Russians would have turned the place into dust...

Despite of all, one thing is a big question that could not justify both stories, the bribe story or the terrorist story ...

"Why were some of them tied with ropes and how is it possible in context of any story possibility mentioned so far"

What could actually have happened ?

Kharotabad case: Tajik mother breaks down at painful sight

QUETTA: The parents of Tajik national who was killed in Kharotabad incident arrived in Quetta today and witnessed the body their son, Geo News reported.

Heart-wrenching scenes were witnessed, as the painful sight of the son’s body was much more than her heart could endure and she could not stop herself from breaking down.

courtesy: GEO News.

the pain doubles when you know the murderers will get away !!

Kharotabad case: Tajik mother breaks down at painful sight

QUETTA: The parents of Tajik national who was killed in Kharotabad incident arrived in Quetta today and witnessed the body their son, Geo News reported.

Heart-wrenching scenes were witnessed, as the painful sight of the son’s body was much more than her heart could endure and she could not stop herself from breaking down.

courtesy: GEO News.

some bodies had 15 to 18 bullets in them, the way FC fired, was much worse than the nazis, they literally emptied their magazines on point blank range where three- four bullets are enough to kill the victim instantly

the corps would have been in a very torn condition

Doubts, anybody?

dude, it has been now 'an established fact' that victims were innocent

News again though its not flash news, FC arrest 81 afghani, tajeks and uzbeks in somewhere in Baluchistan.
How many more are there its alarming that foreign fighters are moving there.
I hope Baluchistan won't be filled like N/S Wazirstan. That would be a disaster. Another reason Army should be deployed in such ares where there is danger of influx of foreign elements and fighters.

Doubts, anybody?

Before you BS more--Read this!

"QUETTA: During the investigation of the Kharotabad incident, police surgeon Dr. Baqir Shah on Sunday rejected the claim that the foreigners had attacked the police with hand grenades.

Talking to DawnNews, Shah dismissed the claim that the foreigners had attacked security agencies with hand grenades, as previously claimed by police.

The person driving the five Russians and Chechans also rejected his previous statement given in police custody. The driver, Ata Muhammad told DawnNews that he had not seen any hand grenades or explosives in the car while taking the foreigners from Kachlak to Quetta.

He said that he had made his previous statement under police pressure."

Kharotabad victims did not attack with grenades: police surgeon | Metropolitan | DAWN.COM

And regarding all your other posts in the other thread, I have many pictures under my belt. Your boss wont be happy after seeing it here.

News again though its not flash news, FC arrest 81 afghani, tajeks and uzbeks in somewhere in Baluchistan.
How many more are there its alarming that foreign fighters are moving there.
I hope Baluchistan won't be filled like N/S Wazirstan. That would be a disaster. Another reason Army should be deployed in such ares where there is danger of influx of foreign elements and fighters.

they can very much be illegal immegrants

Kharotabad shooting incident: Police surgeon tortured

QUETTA: Dr Baqir Shah, the police surgeon who conducted autopsy on the victims of Kharotabad shooting incident has been attacked in Quetta.

According to the Express 24/7 correspondent in Quetta, Muhammad Kazim said that Dr Shah was visiting a restaurant on prince road when up to 10 people pulled up outside and dragged the surgeon out. As the men tried to drag the doctor away to their vehicles, he put up resistance, upon which the men beat him up. His wounds were so severe that he had to be rushed to the civil hospital.

Earlier in the day, Dr Shah had recorded his statement in the ongoing tribunal on the Kharotabad killing incident in which five foreigners were gunned down at a check post by police and FC personnel on suspicion that they were armed suicide bombers.

In his testimony, Dr Shah confirmed that all the victims had died of gunshot wounds from the police and FC weapons fired from a distance of 50 – 60 feet, instead of a hand grenade as claimed by the police. This is one of the incriminating evidences pointing towards gross negligence of the police and FC personnel.

The victims, a five member party of men and women of Russian and Tajik nationality, were unarmed. An inquiry report presented to the Parliamentary committee on the killings also said that none of the victims had fired a shot, and that FC personnel injured in the incident had been struck by bullets fired by other FC personnel and police.

The inspector general of police has taken notice of the incident and has suspended the SHO of Gawalmandi.

Kharotabad shooting incident: Police surgeon tortured – The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom