What's new

The key to prosperity in AJK & GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its less to do with suppressing the voice, because even amidst that there are reporters everywhere, international journalists and activists from India. The bans have a valid reason - COIN operations. Only the A370 ban was a special case. The infrastructure is there and remember the vast majority of the region enjoys network except the few districts that have been notoriously filled with terrorists and militants.

It has everything to do with suppressing their voice

India has become a communal disaster

Even your pandemic is communal

Kashmiri at the moment have nothing but outright hatred for India and the incarceration forced upon them

Cutting the internet is so the Kashmiri can't speak out to the world about how the situation has fallen apart

There have been 3/4 days of anti Indian clashes now, cut of internet is to try and control the Kashmiri people

It has everything to do with suppressing their voice

India has become a communal disaster

Even your pandemic is communal

Kashmiri at the moment have nothing but outright hatred for India and the incarceration forced upon them

Cutting the internet is so the Kashmiri can't speak out to the world about how the situation has fallen apart

There have been 3/4 days of anti Indian clashes now, cut of internet is to try and control the Kashmiri people
Kashmiris have been always like this with outsiders.
First they hate but after getting danda they jump ships and start loving :D
Similar things happened with muslims and punjabis(these r the recent ones,,but kashmiri bhayyas have shown similar trend for a thousand years).
They hated them at first but now look at them.
So no worries here.They will eventually come around.

So either you are lying or the dailytimes.pk reporter and the mobile coverage website with updated data till today is lying.

There is third possibility too, which is you have a ___ brain which automatically excludes one more organization which is providing their services in the area. Literally change a thread title of an article and then say "i didn't manipulate it, it is not manipulation if my subjective opinion looks like manipulation to rest of the people"

https://sco.gov.pk/internet/coverage/

Also, this from your linked site:

How do the nPerf maps work?
Where does the data come from?

The data is collected from tests carried out by users of the nPerf app. These are tests conducted in real conditions, directly in the field. If you'd like to get involved too, all you have to do is download the nPerf app onto your smartphone. The more data there is, the more comprehensive the maps will be! All test results are displayed on the maps. Filtering rules are applied before performance calculation for publications.

So what do you think if one doesn't use nPerf app? I personally never heard of it and would never download it, because there is no reason to add it.

I have been there last year with my university tour. The problem isn't that 3G/4G services aren't available there, it is that there is only one company that provides these services.

Last edited:
In 2014, the most awaited telecom spectrum auction introduced Pakistan with 3G and 4G technology, driving it into the world of fast speed data and hence enabling digitalization of various sectors including education. While the rest of country enjoyed this transition, Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir languished behind.

As the world moves at the speed of your internet, one can commiserate with the residents of AJK-GB who are still waiting to access something that has become a necessity. In this age of technology, it is heartbreaking to admit that AJK & GB, which constitutes of one of the most scenic parts of the country, is still deprived of basic internet 3G and 4G access. While this region can majorly contribute towards the country’s GDP via tourism and cottage industry, this is an opportunity lost since many travelers seek good connectivity to stay in touch with their friends and family, and many home and small business owners need a channel to sell their products. In the absence of good data connectivity, the regions faces a number of challenges.

Mobile internet technology has not only made communication easier but has also opened paths for various e-commerce companies to operate successfully in Pakistan. The mobile broadband services have helped local businesses to emerge on the international market and have also opened gateways for online and new ways to connect with various stakeholders.

The residents of AJK-GB are not aware of the online avenues of learning and earning through freelancing and other means. Providing good quality data services will create more opportunities for the general public in these areas. E-health and E-education are also greatly underutilized in these areas. It raises a lot of questions regarding the educational future of the children since with the internet becoming the basic necessity, inaccessibility to online learning platforms limits their knowledge in comparison to children across the world.

Introduction of 3G/4G services will readily increase the use of smartphones in Gilgit-Baltistan because more people would be interested in having access to this service with the most technological mode of communication through cellular internet. Moreover, during the ongoing COVID19 outbreak, people are gathering most of the information via the internet. Even Government of Pakistan has introduced WhatsApp Helpline and application to facilitate people however, due to unavailability of data services, people in AJK-GB may not be fully able to benefit from these services.

COVID19 has also affected students and people who are working from home. HEC has ordered universities to hold online classes for the students. The students who belong to northern areas are finding it difficult to cope with this situation due to unavailability of reliable data services. Since businesses and companies have resorted to remote working routines; with insufficient availability of broadband, people are facing challenges in keeping up with their employers and other employees.

There should be some meaningful and long-lasting steps taken by the authorities to ensure all Pakistanis can benefit from data services not only during this pandemic but in the times to come. Taking into account the plight of the local communities, one might say that telecommunication is a need in modern times and we need to bridge this gap by overcoming delay of the mobile data services in this region. It will certainly empower these areas and open new avenues of prosperity.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/602625/the-key-to-prosperity-in-ajk-gb/

View attachment 631184
View attachment 631186

View attachment 631187

https://www.nperf.com/en/map/PK/-/1....536274512989916&lg=100.19531250000001&zoom=5

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer @KhanBaba2 @Krptonite @Jackdaws @Raj-Hindustani @TheGreatMaratha @Chhatrapati

Goodness Me...

Propaganda stuff totally contrary to the facts;

FYI, SCOM provides 4G broadband internet in GB and AJK. While almost all other operators provide the 4G services in AJK by refarming the GSM-1800 Band for LTE-1800 Services, while providing 2G services using GSM-900 Band.

I have worked in a telecom operator and know exactly which services are being provided in which area of Pakistan on which frequency band.

In addition to SCOM, Things are on the way for other operators also for launch of their 4G services in GB just like in AJK

https://sco.gov.pk/mobile/

Thread Closed

propagandq scheme busted once again

There is third possibility too, which is you have a ___ brain which automatically excludes one more organization which is providing their services in the area. Literally change a thread title of an article and then say "i didn't manipulate it, it is not manipulation if my subjective opinion looks like manipulation to rest of the people"

https://sco.gov.pk/internet/coverage/

Also, this from your linked site:

How do the nPerf maps work?
Where does the data come from?

The data is collected from tests carried out by users of the nPerf app. These are tests conducted in real conditions, directly in the field. If you'd like to get involved too, all you have to do is download the nPerf app onto your smartphone. The more data there is, the more comprehensive the maps will be! All test results are displayed on the maps. Filtering rules are applied before performance calculation for publications.

So what do you think if one doesn't use nPerf app? I personally never heard of it and would never download it, because there is no reason to add it.
If you had used 1% of your brain you would know I am talking about 3G/4G here.

This article is from April - 10, 2020
https://profit.pakistantoday.com.pk...nies-seek-to-provide-data-services-in-ajk-gb/

Lolz I am using 4G in GB at the moment.. Hahahahaha

Goodness Me...

Propaganda stuff totally contrary to the facts;

FYI, SCOM provides 4G broadband internet in GB and AJK. While almost all other operators provide the 4G services in AJK by refarming the GSM-1800 Band for LTE-1800 Services, while providing 2G services using GSM-900 Band

I have worked in a telecom operator and know exactly which services are being provided in which area of Pakistan on which band.

The site you provided doesnt talk about high speed internet but general coverage. If you check below, there articles about companies asking to start service. Are all of those fake news from pakistan ?

Cellular companies seek permission to launch 3G/4G in AJK, GB without auction

As the auction process of 3G/4G internet services in Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) and Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) has been in limbo for years, cellular companies, in a bid to benefit from the crisis caused by Coronavirus, have urged the government to allow them to provide the spectrum in these areas without going through the auction process”.

According to insiders, the senior management of all four telecom companies on Friday held a meeting with the IT secretary to discuss the need for 3G and 4G services in AJK and GB.

During the meeting, the telecom companies asked the government to release the spectrum immediately for service providers so as to provide 3G and 4G services in AJK and GB during the COVID-19 outbreak.

As things normalise, they (govt) can restart and close the process of spectrum assignment, which has been lingering on from quite some time, they added.

According to sources, the IT secretary was informed that due to the absence of internet facilities, residents of these areas have been deprived of health awareness, which was essential information under the current scenario.

The students enrolled in various educational institutes across the country who have been sent back to their native areas cannot attend online classes due to lack of proper internet. The region has been digitally isolated due to de-prioritisation and lack of timely decisions.

According to sources, after listening to the telcos, the IT secretary has called a meeting on Monday where the issue of enhanced service internet service to AJK and GB will be discussed with GB/AJK councils, telcos and PTA.

Meanwhile, as cellular companies have sought permission to start 4G internet services in the constitutionally disputed areas (AJK/GB) without auction, the GB government has been demanding the federal government to auction the spectrum and give due revenue share to the regional government.

Some cellular companies were even in courts over the same service.

The GB government had earlier voiced concerns over the start of 4G services by a cellular company (Telenor) without auction, when it was launched for the first time in Gilgit last year. The GB Assembly had also constituted a parliamentary committee to take up the matter with the centre.

The GB and AJK governments want the auction of the spectrum as they foresee billions rupees worth income through the process.

https://profit.pakistantoday.com.pk...nies-seek-to-provide-data-services-in-ajk-gb/

Last edited:
If you had used 1% of your brain you would know I am talking about 3G/4G here.

This article is from April - 10, 2020

Come back here when you are sober.

It literally shows you the coverage area. People in this area mostly use mobiles.

The site you provided doesnt talk about high speed internet but general coverage. If you check below, there articles about companies asking to start service. Are all of those fake news from pakistan ?

It's talking about other PRIVATE companies, which have very limited (2G) or almost none coverage in that area. Like Telenor, Zong, Jazz, which are available and provide healthy competition in rest of Pakistan but sadly are not available in those areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have checked various articles. The site you provided doesnt talk about high speed internet but general coverage. If you check below, there articles about companies asking to start service. Are all of those fake news from pakistan ?

What are you talking about dude? What do you understand by term 4G mobile network? Infact, SCO ONLY provides 4G services in these areas, not in rest of the country.

Have you ever been to these areas? I am a mountain lover and travel frequently to northern area, Plus i have worked in major telecom operator in Pakistan. So don't get into what you don't know.

As for your article above, Cellular companies other than SCOM are not allowed to use their LTE-1800 Spectrum which was bought for the rest of the country(10 Mhz), However Network operators have refarmed their 2G frequency band to provide LTE-1800 services (5 Mhz)

Bottomline:

4G services being provided by SCOM in GB and AJK
4G services being provided by all other operators in AJK using GSM-1800 Refarming for LTE-1800 (Mostly on 5 Mhz Bandwidth)

So Relax and Enjoy this video (Which includes official AD by SCOM-4G as well) ;)

Thread Closed

Last edited:
Thread concluded.
It was started with mala fide intent. O.P failed to consider the opinion of the members of forum who have been to the area & are well aware of the on ground situation.
Having traveled my self to G-B, AJK extensively with family members currently residing in the area. I can confirm that G-B not only have 4g service but broadband service is also available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom