What's new

The J-20 SUCCESSFULLY conducts first flight!!

I think you are mistaken, by a large amount.

Don't think that just because F-22 Raptor took 20 years to materialize and get IOC, it will be the same with J-20.

America is just starting to build high-speed rails, while China is already ahead with 5000 miles of track already laid....

China build's its projects in months what takes years in American or any other country.

People in America were saying that China will not have a stealth plane flying before 2018, i guess they would be pissing in their pants now. If you see the flight pics, you can clearly see the HUD of the cockpit.

The plane is ready, maybe they are deciding on the weapons integration etc.

They will have it in service by 2013 at mos

I disagree, The chinies philosophy is , Include the weapon first then later test/upgrade it...

I bet the J20 Aka super Lavi will be included in PLAF much much before FGFA or PAK-Fa...

I have worked for Chinese company, their product is tested at client site.. Americans and European spent >=60% resources on testing. While Chinese companies spent minimal amount on testing... (This is my personal experience...)

But 2013 is very aggressive date..

I disagree, The chinies philosophy is , Include the weapon first then later test/upgrade it...

I bet the J20 Aka super Lavi will be included in PLAF much much before FGFA or PAK-Fa...

I have worked for Chinese company, their product is tested at client site.. Americans and European spent >=60% resources on testing. While Chinese companies spent minimal amount on testing... (This is my personal experience...)

Yes, J-20 is a super Lavi, and has much to do with Israel, and there is a great deal of evidence that shows this. On the other hand, the indian LCA is 100% indigenous, and no foreign sources have ever confirmed their participation in the LCA project as suppliers.

This is the biggest joke i've ever heard.

Compared a scrapped 2++ gen fighter to a 4 gen stealth fighter?

Considering the flight control system of J-10 and Lavi are completely different, a bold statement.

More sour grapes from Indians? How's super Mig-21 LCA doing?

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 11-Jan-2011

Jane's Defence Weekly

China's J-20 makes maiden flight

Reuben F Johnson JDW Correspondent - Kiev

Key Points
China's fifth-generation stealth fighter prototype made its maiden test-flight in 11 January, state media reported

The timing of the flight may be influenced by a US decision to allow upgrades to Taiwan's F-16 fighter fleet

China's Jian-20 (J-20) 'Black Silk/Black Eagle' prototype fifth-generation combat aircraft made its maiden flight from the Chengdu Aircraft Design and Research Institute (CADI) and Aircraft Plant No 132 aerodrome on 11 January, according to the state-run Xinhua news agency.

The prototype took off for its 18-minute first flight at 1250 h local time, according to the report. During the flight the aircraft made several wheels-down passes over the aerodrome, during which it was followed by two-seat J-10S chase planes.

The J-20 flight was reported to have been originally scheduled for later this week. However, Chinese news sources have speculated that it was moved up in order to take place while US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates was still in Beijing on a four-day official visit.

President Hu Jintao confirmed to Gates that the test flight had taken place, but assured him that the timing was coincidental. "I asked President Hu about it directly, and he said that the test had absolutely nothing to do with my visit and had been a pre-planned test," Gates told reporters in Beijing.

Chinese sources who spoke to Jane's suggested that China may have accelerated the schedule for the J-20's maiden flight after the US Department of Defense (DoD) finally agreed to modernise Taiwan's fleet of Lockheed Martin F-16A/B fighter aircraft.

In deference to Chinese objections, Washington had rebuffed requests by Taiwan to upgrade its existing fleet of F-16A/B fighters and to sell it new F-16C/D aircraft. However, the DoD announced last week that it would release to Taiwan a request for price and availability information on upgrading the F-16A/Bs. The upgrade configuration is reported to include new avionics, an engine upgrade and possibly a new radar set.

The reported first flight of the Chinese J-20 fifth-generation prototype combat aircraft saw it depart the Chengdu Aircraft Design and Research Institute facility for an 18-minute sortie.

Considering the flight control system of J-10 and Lavi are completely different, a bold statement.

More sour grapes from Indians? How's super Mig-21 LCA doing?

Russia is developing Pak-FA based on Flankers and Berkut, I think no one feel bad if its termed as stealth flanker... (Though this is a new plane under the skin).. same goes for J20, Its design is totally based on LAVI (which Saint Amerika provided china to counter Devil Russia)...

J20 is in many way different than LAVI but based on it... I am no where saying that its not chinies product.. Its very much chinies baby, so don feel bad...

LCA is not based on MiG21, coz both are entirely different design, even Its design match with Mirage and saab viggen, but its no where related to those (may be India have stolen some blue print from these countries :) ) But uncle sam never gave/approve us LAVI/F20/MiG33..

So whatever it is, Its our design...

Soon we will come with AMCA...

By the way, My cordial and heartily congratulation to Chinese brothers... This machine look awesome... I love cancard... The first I saw russian bomber with cancard and I fell in love with this design...

I wish LCA could have cancard...

Russia is developing Pak-FA based on Flankers and Berkut, I think no one feel bad if its termed as stealth flanker... (Though this is a new plane under the skin).. same goes for J20, Its design is totally based on LAVI (which Saint Amerika provided china to counter Devil Russia)...

J20 is in many way different than LAVI but based on it... I am no where saying that its not chinies product.. Its very much chinies baby, so don feel bad...

LCA is not based on MiG21, coz both are entirely different design, even Its design match with Mirage and saab viggen, but its no where related to those (may be India have stolen some blue print from these countries :) ) But uncle sam never gave/approve us LAVI/F20/MiG33..

yes, J-20 is based on lavi. Lavi is obviously a 2 engine plane with canards... wait you just described the EF2000, why not say we stole the EF2000? Oh s*t i just gave them some ideas...

:china::pakistan:
Up for success! tell me how upload pictures

To add a picture to your post:

1. Go to a free hosting service (i.e. imgur.com, imageshack.com, photobucket.com, or tinypic.com). Personally, I prefer IMGUR.com. Anyway, type "IMGUR.com" to go to their home page.

2. Click on "browse" button.

3. Select picture to upload from your computer onto the hosting service.

4. Copy and then Paste url link to your picture for "message boards" on IMGUR.com. The procedure is similar on Imageshack. I've used both and IMGUR.com is a lot faster and easier.

Good luck. If you have any questions, just leave a message here.

----------

Please ignore the newcomer troll "alam" about the super Lavi. If you don't feed it, he will go away very quickly. Thank you.

Well, that is so typical for some people to claim that J20 is based on Lavi.

We Chinese are just too smart, we are not only able to build a 3G aircraft J10 based on Lavi, but also able to be inspired by Lavi to build a 4G aircraft J20.

Next time if we manage to come up with a 5G fighter plane, don't be surprised if people say that is based on Lavi, too.

Lavi is going to be the mother of all Chinese future fighter planes.

Lavi is going to be the mother of all Chinese future fighter planes.

Ya LAVI and Flanker will be the mother of all project.... Coz this is the two fighter (J10 and J11) you made/copy first... whats wrong in accepting it??? Its not bad to copy till its satisfying your needs....

See we all know the truth, nothing is hidden in this information age...

Reverse engineering, illegal copying are the two way to bridge the technological gaps... If I would be deciding factor, I would have done same to improve Indian research .... c

Lavi is also a stealth fighter.

Gimme a break my dear Hindu friends.

Kid did I said that??? dont put your word in my mouth... learn English be4 ranting.. and please change ur flag to green color... you can't fool us by changing green to red ...

and By the way I am Ahmedi, not Hindu...:x

If you would have little bit of info on Aerodynamics then you would not have been making such insane comments ( including all your previous posts) or is it your habbit to troll?

Ok let me ask you to do 3 things before praising FGFA

1) Look at the IRST positioning on FGFA and compare ot to F-22
2) Look at the air-intakes
3) Look at the canopy

FGFA is still a RAW form of upgraded su-27 ,the body has bit oval shape but not that much when compared to F-22 and if you know about stealth you would know what i mean

Secondly where does Lavi came from? ok if you have said that J-10 is an exact copy of Lavi project still then one would have smiled at you but you saying J-20 is copy of Lavi .let me use a single word for you "Insane" totaly pissed of and unable to digest someone's success

Now stop trolling and refrain yourself from bringing up such bogus claims

Back
Top Bottom