What's new

The international-law Irony of U.S. Provocations in South China Sea

You cannot reason with the unreasonable.

The only language they understand is force.

We should become more fluent at their language in order to more effectively send our message.
Hehe, from the forum, I find the Vietnamese become crazier and mader, it is very funny, even some relative reasonable Vietnamese too, still that fool, they like go to hell, why need stop them:-)

One civilization and unification of Japan and China are just rhetoric for empire expansion. Think about it. Japanese don't even celebrate Chinese new year. :)

Let me make a correction, my friend @nang2 . Japanese society marks the celebration of Ganjitsu or New Years Day on the 1st of January of every year, as per the Gregorian Calendar , as an official government policy since 1873, actually. This was implemented during the reign of the Meiji Emperor in an attempt to modernize Japan. However, in an attempt to balance the pro-traditionaist consevative forces of the Japanese aristocracy (公家) or "Kuge" with the modernist and progressive forces in the Meiji Restorative Government. You see back in 1871, the Reformist had pressured the Meiji Emperor to abolish the Han System (藩) , which was the traditional domain system of Japan, with each domain having its hereditary peerage or court class. Revolutionists had seen the Han system as an archaic and ancient system that had outlived its purpose, similar in fact to how progressivists in Qing Imperial Epoch saw to the old Imperial system in China as a barrier to Chinese modernization processes.

Anyways, with the 1871 abolition of the Han System (藩), the Progressivists in the Meiji Government had also encouraged the Emperor to also abolish the Japanese Lunar New Year, which is actually quite similar to the one practiced in China, Korea and VIetnam at the time. This abolition actually caused an uproar amongst members of the Japanese Aristocracy of the Kuge, who then pressured more internal pressures on the Emperor Meiji. In an attempt to balance both conservative and progressive forces within the Japanese Empire, the Meiji Emperor had made a settlement. Japan would celebrate both the international new year during Gangjitsu (1st of January) as well as observe The Lunar New Year.

That is why in Japan, even now, the nation still celebrates Traditional Japanese Lunar New Year the same time as Chinese Lunar New Year, actually.

:smitten::smitten:

@TaiShang @Shotgunner51 @nang2 @Yizhi

China claims it 'expelled' US destroyer sailing near South China Sea island, US Navy says it saw zero Chinese warships

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/02/01/china_says_expelled_us_warship.php

Over the weekend, the United States followed up on its promise to send more patrols through the disputed South China Sea with a US Navy destroyer sailing within 12 nautical miles of an island claimed by China. Unsurprisingly, the two sides have conflicting stories on what exactly went down.

The Pentagon said it sent out the destroyer to "counter efforts to limit freedom of navigation" in the South China Sea, where China, Vietnam, the Philippines, Taiwan and Malaysia hold competing claims.

The US Navy conducted a similar exercise in late October of last year, sailing the guided-missile destroyer Lassen close to one of China's man-made islands, in an incident that provoked serious condemnation on the Chinese side, but ended amicably enough.

This time, the guided-missile destroyer USS Curtis Wilbur passed near Triton Island (Zhongjian Dao) in the Paracels (Xisha Islands) and then went away.

But it is how the USS Curtis Wilbur went away that is important.

Immediately afterward, China issued a statement, condemning the US and urging it "not to undermine the mutual trust and regional peace and stability." Which apparently is possible.

Furthermore, China's foreign ministry said that Chinese navy vessels had "taken responsive action, conducted identification checks and promptly gave warnings for the ship to keep its distance."

Defense Ministry spokesman Yang Yujun went even further saying that "Chinese troops on the islands and Navy vessels and warplanes took actions immediately. They identified and verified the US warship, warned and expelled it swiftly."

In its report on the incident, China Daily went with the headline: "China drives off US destroyer intruding into Xisha Islands waters."

Meanwhile, Reuters reports that Pentagon spokesperson Captain Jeff Davis said that there were no ships from the Chinese Navy in the vicinity during the USS Curtis Wilbur's special voyage.

Davis said that the US takes no position on the assortment of competing sovereignty claims in the South China Sea. It is merely protesting policies that require permission or notification to transit near the claimed islands.

Chinese law says that foreign warships must be approved by Beijing before entering China's territorial waters. China claims "indisputable sovereignty" over most of the South China Sea, which it seems to be turning into a tourist paradise with the occasional filling station.

"Regardless of whatever provocative steps the American side takes, China's military will take all necessary measures to firmly safeguard national sovereignty and security," the foreign ministry's statement concluded.

LOL at the Fascist Chinese Dictator Account of the incident, I especially like this last bit

"Regardless of whatever provocative steps the American side takes, China's military will take all necessary measures to firmly safeguard national sovereignty and security," the foreign ministry's statement concluded."

So, by all necessary measures, it mean doing nothing....

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/matt-gurney-u-s-navy-1-china-0

lol look how these Chinese Fascist Dictator going round and around in a Circle? But don't have the guts to do anything?? First it's Lassen, then it was B-52, and now it is the Curtis Wilbur. Well, the Chinese again go with

"This is Chinese Navy, This is Chinese Navy, You go now."

LOL GUTLESS FASCIST CHINESE REGIME ONLY GOOD AT GIVING WARNING, maybe they should listen to this Katy Perry Song and Shut up and put your money where your mouth at.

What you expect? China to sink US boat and let those coward Americans cry over UN's shoulder to form an UN army as in 1950 Korean war?:disagree: We rather let these pathetic US warship pass by our Islands and cast a jealousy eyes to witness China's achievement in SCS while we can go there on vacation with sexy fly attendants once reclamation is fully completed.

Stewardesses-get-off-aircraft-Fiery-Cross.jpg

1.) Did I say other people WILL attack Chinese island first? Consider Chinese affluence in SCS is quite small, (Own less than 20% of island in SCS) IT would be quite stupid for other higher stake to attack the Chinese as a minor stake?

2.) That did not answer my question, my question is simple. How many man and material you are willing to lost in a war defending these island?? If there was a war, that mean somebody is willing to lose something, the question is and always is, HOW MUCH CHINA WILLING TO LOSE?

And LOL at your strategic point of view.

Strategical point of view mean how those island act or what did they give or get for the defence of China in general. In term of Strategical Value, the island offer nothing to the overall defence of China in general. Nor does those island give any tactical advantage to China, the only thing I can think of is those island may offer some operational advantage by providing a standby or runs-off airfield for aircraft in trouble in the area.

Strategically, those island are too close to China to have any effect on main Chinese defences. Those island, with the furthest one being Fiery Cross Reef are only 630 miles from China, That mean it add 630 miles to the defence buffer if and when you count the furthest point, However, 630 miles may look like a large number, in fact, it is shorter than the distance between Sydney and Brisbane, which mean 30 minutes flight range, and 8 hours drive range. Which mean all you gain, even if you can hold Fiery Cross reef, is 30 mintues of early warning time.

Another reason they have no value at all in Strategical sort of sense is you do not need to pass thru any of those island to attack China, which give them no advantage at all if the attacker decided to attack near Taiwan or Japan.

Tactically, those island are too far apart and too small to defend, hence they did not give out any tactical advantage for forming a continuous line of defend and simply they will fall one by one if they were to pick it off one by one.

Next time, it's probably wiser for you to understand something before you say it out loud, otherwise it will indeed look like a twat when you got caught not knowing what you are talking about.
1. You are a pretty stupid to say we have a minor stake in SCS when the whole Paracel islands chain ENTIRELY belong to us in addition to the 7 BIGGEST islands in Spratly. We are the dominant player in the SCS, from a pure asset standpoint. The Vietnamese is next in line in which they control a bunch of rocks and reefs. 27 of them to be exact. LOL

And if no one have the balls to attack our islands, then there is nothing to be concern about. This is why we are not worry at all with attacks and continue to build, build, build. LOL

2. We are willing to put as much chip into those islands defense as those willing to attack it. Are we clear on this? LOL Let me put it this way again. An attack on our attacks will have consequences for that attackers.

As I already taught you, those islands will provide us intelligence and among civilian purpose. For example, we can install radar and track every aircraft take off and monitor activities of the Philippines and Vietnam. If those two plan an attack, we will have immediate notice and put on alert and come to their defense, based in Paracel Wood Islands, along with reinforcement from Hainan. This is not mentioning, the warships and submarines we deploy to patrol in SCS. So it is safe to say any attack will not be easy or come without consequences. Clear? LOL

Did I? I seems to remember I did not use international law to bash the US, look at who started this post first?

Mate, you are literally speaking of my point. I don't care what Chinese think or do, you can think Hawai'i is yours for all I care, but without the will to act on what you claim, it's simply and plainly, USELESS. Either talk or fight, but keep using media as your friend, the more you push out these type of BS article, the more you look guilty. It's that simple

Are we clear?[/QUOTE
Go back and read your nonsense post about international law. LOL

If this is how you want the game to play out, through brute force, then so be it. We will fight you when we are ready.

Bad analogies. These islands are not on Chinese soil and they are not economic contributors to China.

Patriotism is one of the key ingredients of war.

It does not matter if the attack was on China proper or not. Those islands under our control holds Chinese personnels, infrastructures and military equipments. They are there to protect our national interests. Attack on those islands is an attack on our national interest. That alone is more than enough for us to enter a war, and the nation will be behind them.

Hence no one messes with China's development of those islands.

LOL keep on the personal insult, that always a good indicator of someone is losing an argument.

I don't do spell/grammar check because I choose not to, I am posting in a forum, not taking my GMAT.

Stop pretend to be white and admit you are a Chinese, that will help you solve your identity crisis. You reminded me of another white wannabe @Gotterdammerung. By the way, your grammar sucks too, it should be American cannot accepts THE casualty. (As you are talking about THE NUMBER, not the casualty itself) and quite honestly that is directly translated from Chinese to English.

P.S. I am quarter White, so by quoting psych "SUCK ITTTTT!!"

China can VETO the resolution, then it will not be passed. they HAVE THE POWER, HAVE THE MEANS

The FACTs that the resolution is not vetoed by China only points to one thing, they are a silent participant of the act of killing, they just don't want to see it. It just show how Chinese Government are gutless, you want people kill, but you don't want to do it yourselves or admit you want it, sigh, I lost all faith in Fascist Chinese Government.
It hard to understand your logic. China just want business. Why will China involve the war? But USA like to kill people and show off new weapon to testify its ability as world police. So it said that I am big brother on the earth. Do you agree?

Care to name me few countries to slap sanction on China? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
The truth is that No one recognize thats CN territorial sea.

The sanction on CN would continue if Deng didnt bow down to Japan,US in 1979, surrenderred Senkaku-Taiwan and hope for support from US.

1. You are a pretty stupid to say we have a minor stake in SCS when the whole Paracel islands chain ENTIRELY belong to us in addition to the 7 BIGGEST islands in Spratly. We are the dominant player in the SCS, from a pure asset standpoint. The Vietnamese is next in line in which they control a bunch of rocks and reefs. 27 of them to be exact. LOL

And if no one have the balls to attack our islands, then there is nothing to be concern about. This is why we are not worry at all with attacks and continue to build, build, build. LOL

2. We are willing to put as much chip into those islands defense as those willing to attack it. Are we clear on this? LOL Let me put it this way again. An attack on our attacks will have consequences for that attackers.

As I already taught you, those islands will provide us intelligence and among civilian purpose. For example, we can install radar and track every aircraft take off and monitor activities of the Philippines and Vietnam. If those two plan an attack, we will have immediate notice and put on alert and come to their defense, based in Paracel Wood Islands, along with reinforcement from Hainan. This is not mentioning, the warships and submarines we deploy to patrol in SCS. So it is safe to say any attack will not be easy or come without consequences. Clear? LOL

lol.

1.) China ARE a small stake claimer, it does not process more than 11 Islands on the whole SCS (9 in Paracel islands) and (2 islands elsewhere - Scarborough Shoal and Pratas Island (by ROC)) And 16 Reef (7 in Paracel islands and 9 in Spratly)

However, does the whole SCS only consist of what China control? South China Seas consist of >250 Islands and Reef, calling a "Major Stake Holder" when China only control 11 Island and 16 Reef is simply and categorically, untrue.

2.) Yeah, How are you gonna out as much chips on it when any of these island cannot hold much chips to begin with? Those Island WILL FALL when they were invaded, simply because they are too small to defend. And no, you have not taught me anything as you do not understand what tactical, strategical and operational means. So in effect, you know the square root of jack shit, only what you think is true, and they are all, wrong.

What you expect? China to sink US boat and let those coward Americans cry over UN's shoulder to form an UN army as in 1950 Korean war?:disagree: We rather let these pathetic US warship pass by our Islands and cast a jealousy eyes to witness China's achievement in SCS while we can go there on vacation with sexy fly attendants once reclamation is fully completed.

Stewardesses-get-off-aircraft-Fiery-Cross.jpg

What do you expect??

Gutless Fascist Chinese regime allow this in October 2015

thediplomat_2015-10-08_14-40-31-386x256.jpg

and this is 2016

420608-uss-curtis-wilbur-south-china-sea-reuters.jpg

They as well might be just this

BBhIYg1.jpg

The truth is that No one recognize thats CN territorial sea.

The sanction on CN would continue if Deng didnt bow down to Japan,US in 1979, surrenderred Senkaku-Taiwan and hope for support from US.

Haha, don't try to escape my quest...you claim that other countries will slap sanction on China...now try validate your claim.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom