What's new

The inevitable rise of Sangh

@scorpionx

what are R.S.S 's views on role of women in society and caste?
Their view on caste and women are purely based upon sacred vedantic ideology. According to Sangh, Aryan invasion is a myth and there by the distinction between upper and lower caste is false. About women, M S Golwalkar strictly maintained the role of women as to stay at home and bring up kids with Dharmic ideologies which he inherits automatically being a Hindu.

The rise of the Sangh is almost directly attributable to Congress's policies.

Had Congress not played on vote banks and minority appeasement initiatives, Sangh would not have risen to such a strong position in these elections.

Absolutely. Especially during partition riots the Congressi attitude was pathetic. It's top brass leaders ignored the precariousness of the Hindus living on the other side of the border. Even local Congressis secretly joined hand with RSS in multiple cases.

Kindly explain which part about Arya Samaj written here is untrue. There is a difference between a lie and just bashing. While not disagreeing with their other agendas like Caste discrimination and women empowerment, this is a irrefutable fact that Shuddhi movement had enormous influence on the radicalization of Hindus in Punjab and Bombay province.

Where I denied that the proselyting movement by Arya Samaj caused religious tensions in Punjab. But read the article, it is trying to make false portrayal of Arya Samaj movement into some sort of Hindu militancy and nowhere it ever mentioned that it was mainly a reformist movement against idol worshiping, social issues of Hindu society and they kept very favorable views towards Western Education. They were the first Hindu group who went into proselyting like Christian and Muslim missionaries which escalated into religion tensions.

I hate the Sangh and the VHP and the Ram Sena and all other Hindu nationalist movements. Hindus should just accept that India belongs to all who live in it especially us Muslims :D

Where I denied that the proselyting movement by Arya Samaj caused religious tensions in Punjab. But read the article, it is trying to make false portrayal of Arya Samaj movement into some sort of Hindu militancy and nowhere it ever mentioned that it was mainly a reformist movement against idol worshiping, social issues of Hindu society and they kept very favorable views towards Western Education. They were the first Hindu group who went into proselyting like Christian and Muslim missionaries which escalated into religion tension between different religious groups.
I got your point. The motive of this piece of article was to find the origin of cultural nationalism (if you feel uneasy with the word "militant"), not about the other different aspects of Arya Samaj. Swamy Dayananda Saraswati has done a brilliant work by writing excellent commentaries on Vedas. But that should not have been the focus of this article. Isn't?This is not a left inclined article. Please read about the Shikarpur incident.

I hate the Sangh and the VHP and the Ram Sena and all other Hindu nationalist movements. Hindus should just accept that India belongs to all who live in it especially us Muslims :D
Why a Cheshire cat smile in the end when what you said should be accepted as an undeniable duty?

Muslim Traitor! :mad:

O.K. :-)

Fallen out may be a bit strong. The RSS leadership in Gujarat was not enthused by him, particularly other affiliates like VHP. His relationship with them was cool if not cold. He ran things without vetting it with the RSS; he didn't see the need. He wasn't collegial, which is surprising for a pracharak. They exchange notes and exchange people...he didn't do that.

Dooms day ahead. It will be interesting to see how the mess will be managed.

why? wasn't the fear he is close to the R.S.S ?

It will be incorrect to assume,I think that He is close to RSS. It will be appropriate to say that RSS is more close to him. RSS has certain interests in Delhi. It understands the need of BJP to remain in power for its own benefit and that is why they need Mr.Modi more than Mr.Modi needs them.

I got your point. The motive of this piece of article was to find the origin of cultural nationalism (if you feel uneasy with the word "militant"), not about the other different aspects of Arya Samaj. Swamy Dayananda Saraswati has done a brilliant work by writing excellent commentaries on Vedas. But that should not have been the focus of this article. Isn't?This is not a left inclined article. Please read about the Shikarpur incident.

You may also know, it did made a great reformist impact in Punjab and Hindi heartland even if their proselyting caused religious tensions. I am no lover of Sanghi ideology and rightist history but many times I feel Marxist influenced pieces tries to make mockery of Indian history particularly Hinduism.

You may also know, it did made a great reformist impact in Punjab and Hindi heartland even if their proselyting caused religious tensions. I am no lover of Sanghi ideology and rightist history but many times I feel Marxist influenced pieces tries to make mockery of Indian history particularly Hinduism.

No, the history tend to tinted with romanticism in their view to avoid communal clashes.

A misguided attempt to preserve secularism.

Back
Top Bottom