What's new

The Indian rivalry with China: its strategic humiliation

South Korea, Japan, Taiwan are all Yankees colonies. Your envy of South Korea, Japan, Taiwan does expose Indian inferior mentality. Expected.
Your post reeks of confirmation bias. How are they colonies?

Zhou Enlai offered Arunachal Pradesh for Aksai Chin, India rejected. Same as LAC.

There will be no conflicts, no war in 1962, no dispute ever after.

India never understood foreign policy, Modi is even more arrogant, has no clue.

What China offered in past several years is an agreement among Pakistan, China and India. We should freeze the border dispute, focus on economy, resolve the bleeding wound politically and in responsible way.

President Xi and Modi Summit in Wuhan in 2018 is the result of the negotiation. That's called Wuhan spirit. This is the only way to bring peace, prosperity, harmony to this region, especially Kashmir.

China's approach is very realistic and pragmatic. Our proposal was negotiated with Pakistan side, Pakistan is aware of this proposal in advance. This is the only way all of us can bury the hatred, and move forward.

What Modi is doing? Modi revoke article 370 to provoke both Pakistan and China, take advantage of the US-China trade war and corona virus crisis.

Modi is an opportunist, seek minor political gain during the tension between China and US. But we Chinese see the true color of Modi, won't trust him any more.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Modi's misadventure destroy the future of prosper India, destroyed the future of this region. India is the trouble maker of this region, and will have to swallow bitter consequence.
Agree on the fiasco in handling Zhou’s delegation. It was absolutely stupid on the part of the Indian govt of the time to not have a long term vision. My understanding of what happened since the time a dejected Zhou went back to China differs from what you have tried to describe in your post. After the reality check we got in 1962, in the 90s govt of India has tried at multiple levels to solve the border issues with CPC. Despite CBMs, China doesn’t budge. Let’s take exchanging maps for example, a necessary first step, but one that gets deflected every time by China. I am quite certain that China doesn’t want the boundary issue to be solved with India as this gives them leverage. It is a festering wound and diplomacy is unable to cauterise it

Your post reeks of confirmation bias. How are they colonies?

upload_2020-8-10_21-42-38.png

Half of all living former South Korean presidents are now in prison.
@paritosh

Update the picture.

Last edited:
Japan was a developed country in 1945. They were one of the first to industrialize in the 19th century, right after Britain, Germany and US. In some ways, Japan was even more industrialized than France, Italy, etc - even before WW2. In 1930's Japan was ranked 5th, only behind US, UK, USSR and Germany. India is not Japan, it was not a developed country 80 years ago.

South Korea and Taiwan received aid from the US when US was at the height of its power in 1950's and 60's with 40% of global GDP. South Korea and Taiwan were built up by Japanese imperialists with recent infrastructure - to facilitate colonial exploitation, but the infrastructure existed nonetheless. Can US give India as much relative benefit today when it is 20% of world GDP? How much existing infrastructure does India have that it doesn't have to pay for? India is not South Korea or Taiwan.

The only hope for India to become a developed nation was to use the low cost Chinese capital product and infrastructure platform to industrialize. You lost that chance. Now India has no access to cheap capital goods. For an example of what happens when you go hostile towards China, look no further than South Korea vs. Taiwan. Taiwan used to be far richer than South Korea, but now South Korea has 30% higher GDP per capita, because South Korea didn't turn hostile against China and lose access to not only a market, but to a source of low cost capital goods like PCBs, commodity ICs, infrastructure, etc. India will fall into the middle income trap.
Why are you assuming that China will forever maintain a price advantage? As long as capitalism’s core hinges on maximising net shareholder value, components of the global supply chain will be outsourced. The word has, not withstanding the COVID impact, been trying to reduce their exposure to an over dependence on China by hedging through other low wage economies. Chinese domestic demand has to increase for Chinese goods by a huge margin to protect against a very negative export market. There is reform needed to open up the market and reduce the amount of red tape that’s clogging business to prosper in India. Market access to western goods is a catalyst for economic growth.

DD3AD60BFB011339CCF944F22E6C077C6FD8F89B_w799_h612.jpg

Half of all living former South Korean presidents are now in prison.
You might have to dumb down that comment for me, I don’t see the colony angle with their imprisonment. The same can be said about Pakistan, do you believe it’s a colony as well?

Agree on the fiasco in handling Zhou’s delegation. It was absolutely stupid on the part of the Indian govt of the time to not have a long term vision. My understanding of what happened since the time a dejected Zhou went back to China differs from what you have tried to describe in your post. After the reality check we got in 1962, in the 90s govt of India has tried at multiple levels to solve the border issues with CPC. Despite CBMs, China doesn’t budge. Let’s take exchanging maps for example, a necessary first step, but one that gets deflected every time by China. I am quite certain that China doesn’t want the boundary issue to be solved with India as this gives them leverage. It is a festering wound and diplomacy is unable to cauterise it
India boundary change need approval in Lok Sabha. Not possible. China knew it, India knew it. It's impossible to get green light in Lok Sabha. No Chance.

India boundary change need approval in Lok Sabha. Not possible. China knew it, India knew it. It's impossible to get green light in Lok Sabha. No Chance.
The current govt has had absolute majority for close to 10 years now. I don’t think what you quoted is the impediment here

The current govt has had absolute majority for close to 10 years now. I don’t think what you quoted is the impediment here
You have no clue what's going on in politics. The day Modi signed the treaty with China on land dispute, it will be the last day of Modi political career.

The brits have to take blame too. They simply transferred the power to congress. Other than pakistan no one had any choice - if they held referendum in south or bengal i am pretty sure they would have voted for independence.

The purpose of India independence is in name only. India begged for independence, not fought for it. As such, Indian leadership take their orders from western capitals, as the terms of their phony independence.

You have no clue what's going on in politics. The day Modi signed the treaty with China on land dispute, it will be the last day of Modi political career.
Modi was pushing for improving ties with China till the time the LAC encroachment happened. The fanfare around Xi’s India visit was all built around improving relations between the two countries. China has never been an election issue like Pakistan has been, I don’t know from where you are getting these insights from.

Modi was pushing for improving ties with China till the time the LAC encroachment happened. The fanfare around Xi’s India visit was all built around improving relations between the two countries. China has never been an election issue like Pakistan has been, I don’t know from where you are getting these insights from.
It all stopped when Modi take advantage of US-China tension recently. What Modi was doing before Xi's visit to India in Oct 2019 is tactic.
The Wuhan spirit, the consensus in Mamallapuram summit gone with the wind.

Back
Top Bottom