What's new

The History Of How Cows Became 'Sacred' To Hindus Is Not That Holy And It Will Blow You Away

We revere Cow and consider it our duty to protect it,If someone wants to do halaal of our Cow?We will do the same with them.I won't be Nice or Mince polite words with them.
I don't expect a follower of Monotheist Religion like you to Understand it.But this is what we believe,like it or not,we will do it over and over again.Do you get my point?
We are not here to win your Respect or Acceptance,Infact,You have do to the opposite, that is (become Peace loving and Never eat Beef or Kill a cow)
@engineer saad @Umair Nawaz @Ifrit :butcher:

We Indians often take everything on face value and not try to upset the established customs and religions by our forefather. I mean how can we be seen as the ones revolting against the traditions long established, right?

After a string of bans and communal incidents we decided to delve deeper into the ‘what’ and ‘how’ of one particular subject – ‘How Hindus Came To Not Eating Beef’ and you would be surprised as to what we found.

Eating beef in Hinduism is considered a sin. Whether Brahmin or not, every Hindu will swear to not eating cow meat because it is sacred to him. The Rig Veda too refers to the cow as Aghanya or ‘the one who does not deserve to be killed’. The Rig Veda further goes on to address the cow as Mother of Rudras, the Daughter of Vasus, the sister of the Adityas and the Centre of Nectar. There is no doubt that the cow was sacred to the Aryans and that they would never kill it for any purpose.

the-history-of-how-cows-became-sacred-to-hindus-is-not-that-holy-and-it-will-blow-you-away-652x400-1-1444999711.jpg

© Reuters
But does this conclusive evidence prove in any way that Hindus – Brahmins or Non-Brahmins, did not eat beef at one time? The answer to that question lies in the finer details of ‘Brahmanas’ (ancient Indian texts). In Taittiriya Brahmana, it is clearly written that a dwarf ox should be chosen for sacrifice to Vishnu, a black cow to Pushan and a red cow to Rudra. It even says that “…the killing of cow for the guest had grown to such an extent that the guest came to be called ‘Go-ghna’ which means the killer of the cow. To avoid this slaughter of the cows the Ashvateyana Grahya Sutra (1.24.25) suggests that the cow should be let loose when the guest comes so as to escape the rule of etiquette.”

If these texts are not enough proof that Hindus ate beef, the Laws of Manu can disburse any lingering doubts. The Laws of Manu do not prohibit the killing or eating of cow’s meat; in fact, he considered cow as an impure animal. In chapter three he even goes on to say: “He (Snataka) who is famous (for the strict performance of) his duties and has received his heritage, the Veda from his father, shall be honored, sitting on couch and adorned with a garland with the present of a cow (the honey-mixture).”

With these ancient texts of the Brahmanas, it is abundantly clear that at one time not only did Hindus eat flesh but also cow meat. But if that is the case then at what point in history did such a big transformation happen that from eating and sacrificing cows it became the ‘Sacred One’ for Hindus?

This transformation can be referred back to that time when Ashoka was the one true king. His pillar edicts point to a change in the eating habits through proper legislation. Edict V says:

“Thus said His Sacred and Gracious Majesty, the king: When I had been consecrated twenty-six years the following species were declared exempt from slaughter, namely: parrots, starlings adjutants, Brahmany ducks, geese, pandirnukhas, gelatas, bats, queen-ants, female tortoises, boneless fish, vedaveyakas, gangapuputakas, skate, (river) tortoise, porcupines, tree-squinrels, barasingha stag, Brahmany bulls, monkeys, rhinoceros, grey doves village pigeons, and all fourfooted animals which are not utilised or eaten.”

Though some historians argue that it is not conclusive proof as to Non-Brahmins being forced to not eat beef, it does hold some ground. This edict also brings us to another important question as to why the Brahmins then stop eating flesh or meat of any kind if Asoka had only banned the sacrifice of above mentioned animals.

the-history-of-how-cows-became-sacred-to-hindus-is-not-that-holy-and-it-will-blow-you-away-652x400-2-1444999778.jpg

© Facebook
The answer to this question lies in the tussle for supremacy between Brahmanism and Buddhism. Buddhism became the single biggest religion in India in the time of the great Buddha. In order to gain its relevance back, Brahmins started following most of the concepts of Buddhism in its purest form. When Buddha died, the Brahmins also started installing figures of Shiva inside the temples (copying the Buddhists who built Stupas) which was completely against Brahmanism. Also, the Buddhists had completely rejected the ritual of Yajna by Brahmins which consisted of sacrificing the cows. This was in accordance to the laws by Ashoka. As the Brahmins were extremely looked down for this ritual and called Gognha (the one who kills cows), the Brahmins decided to give up eating flesh, cow’s or not, altogether.

In time, killing and eating cow’s meat became intolerable as propagated by various religious heads is now established as an unpardonable sin.

We feel a person’s food habit should be his personal choice and nobody should raise a finger unless it’s invading someone’s space. What do you feel? Tell us in the comments below.

The History Of How Cows Became Sacred To Hindus Is Not That Holy And It Will Blow You Away

I remember an old episode of Aap ki adalt where the communist historian and Arun Shouri were invited to discuss the issue of Cow secrifise in Vedas and vedic literature. Arun shouri challenged him to show any Mantra supporting cow slaughter. The commuist Historian back tracked and said that I mean Vedic litrature like Brahman texts and not vedas. One pundit was there who geve him all the texts of Brahmin Granths and said that show me any evidence supporting cow slaughter in any of the book and communist historian could cite any mantra supporting cow slaughter. Pundit show him many mantras saying that cow should not be slaughter. Rajat sharma told that this is how you write history in which you are unable to provide any reference to your so called claim history. He literally got Humiliated.

Last edited:
I know about pathetic baniya history. They made every valuabe thing holy, out of thier approach.

We revere Cow and consider it our duty to protect it,If someone wants to do halaal of our Cow?We will do the same with them.I won't be Nice or Mince polite words with them.
I don't expect a follower of Monotheist Religion like you to Understand it.But this is what we believe,like it or not,we will do it over and over again.Do you get my point?
We are not here to win your Respect or Acceptance,Infact,You have do to the opposite, that is (become Peace loving and Never eat Beef or Kill a cow)
Try your luck in J&K, where your rules are violated like a boss. ;)

Don't want to sound like an arsehole .. But india isn't really known to be the cleanest or most "environment friendly" country even in South Asia ... Your rivers are polluted to the core... Your cities are featured on "worlds dirtiest ...",rapes ? Ah forget that....
our rivers will be once they stop dumping cow carcasses.

What about buffalo?
A buffalo can do all things you mentioned in your post.
Milk butter and buffalo dung can be use for fire.

All milch creature are to be protected.

Cows are revered more because they are less aggressive than Buffalo and Bisons. Domestic Cows demonstrate incredible love and affection for Humans. Similar to dogs.

lekin murghi bhi kya Aunty cow kee tarah zibah hoti ha?i

Shyt... You make ISIS c..ts look smarter...

Mans life worthless vs valuable cows... :lol:

I know about pathetic baniya history. They made every valuabe thing holy, out of thier approach.

Try your luck in J&K, where your rules are violated like a boss. ;)
I beaten your Kashmiris over trivial matters,So please don't say try your luck.I know what they are. ;)

Shyt... You make ISIS c..ts look smarter...

Mans life worthless vs valuable cows... :lol:
Good to know because they claim to be the best Followers of your religion and many organizations in your country pledged allegiance to them. You need to worry about that first :enjoy:

Only accessible if you have Brahmin blood. These are all high level theories. Brahmins are the creator of the world.
I am not Brahmin,Who says that?

I beaten your Kashmiris over trivial matters,So please don't say try your luck.I know what they are. ;)

Internet tough guy... 7 ft tall.. 32 inch biceps... Has 12 gfs and owns 6 ferraris,2 Ageras,1 hummer,2 lambos,2 jets,5 helis,32 villas in Europe ..79 hotels .. Etc etc..

Yeah we've heard that shyt a billion times

Don't you have a child sacrifice ritual or mob lynching to attend ?

Good to know because they claim to be the best Followers of your religion and many organizations in your country pledged allegiance to them. You need to worry about that first :enjoy:

I am not Brahmin,Who says that?

Good,Raise more seeds we have Pesticide ready, I am telling you "Ghar mein Ghus ghus ke Marenge" Jo karna hai Karlo and do cry in front of USA and UNO or China.None is coming to help you.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom