What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

I think what making US loss sleep is not that China is ahead in space (And China is not) but that China appears to have a vision with action and funds and following a steady and consistent path.

US on the otherhand, due to poor leadership have had a inconsistent and vision-less path. They developed the Saturn and landed on the moon, then abandoned all of that. Then they developed the faulty space shuttle and now abandoned it again going back to the old design which they have lost.
Not to mentioned the international space station.

sure fellow burger :agree:

space exploration has been stale since the late 70's. competition is welcomed, but it's the private sector that interests me.

if China or Russia go to the moon and colonize it all the better :angel:

meanwhile Chinese will have to live in bubbles if pollution isn't curtailed

Newspace is for dreamers. I've been involved with the Newspace community since 2011, and while the minds, ideas and passion behind this industry is phenomenal, the industry isn't so 'lucrative' and you know it yourself, if there weren't government support and backing, there would be no NewSpace. Currently, all grants are given to them by NASA or congress as it is.

Also, to badge pollution with China is just as bad as what your buddies are saying about Poverty in India. Ignorant, you really think pollution and poverty is as rampant as you put it? Besides, america ain't doing anything about pollution in reality; it's the Yanks doing all the talking and all the developing countries actually implementing.

Here's LA:

upload_2015-12-22_12-18-52.jpeg

CZ-5 rocket debut is important to prove China as a space power. Without CZ-5, China can't called herself space power.

China is still at least 50 years behind USA in space technology but catching up quickly. China is now doing what US did in early 1960s. US astronauts landed on Moon on 20 July 1969 no other nation has matched that yet. The Space race in the 1960s was not about science but the superiority of ideologies. Now Space investment has to be justified.
You are sprouting nonsense. Has 50 years ago has GPS system? China has build a rival beidou system to match US. That wouldn't put China 50 years behind US.

You are sprouting nonsense. Has 50 years ago has GPS system? China has build a rival beidou system to match US. That wouldn't put China 50 years behind US.

What I am saying that there are huge gaps in China's Space technology. Which means they are close behind US in some areas and decades behind in other areas. One example is that China can build Fifth generation fighters but lacks local engine technology to power it.

Where is world power india or it hiding like pussy cat

Why bothered about India? India is doing its bit and gets recognised. What about you? You even don't show your flag? Are You ashamed of your country's flag? Has your country send a stone to space? Why bring India in to China and US debate? You are blinded by so much hate and jealousy that India comes in your dreams every time you sleep?

What I am saying that there are huge gaps in China's Space technology. Which means they are close behind US in some areas and decades behind in other areas. One example is that China can build Fifth generation fighters but lacks local engine technology to power it.

I really doubt that US can do what they used to be able to do, US might be 50 years behind where they used to be today. The whole industry is losing sufficient fund. Money talks in the end.

Where is world power india or it hiding like pussy cat

Why do you think we should hide? If at all it is anyone who needs to hide, it is Mr. obvious SUPARCO that hasn't yet managed to launch even a bee into space from its soil.

Really? Look at who Spacex's current sole customer is. Without it, there is no funding for private spaceflight programs.

Also, have you seen Elon Musk's interviews? Your ego must be as big as his if you ignore how much hypocrisy is filled in your comment!

sole customer :rofl: are you sure about that bud.
List of Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S federal funding/purchase of use Falcon 9 isn't a problem. you need a little push to get things going as well

meanwhile the U.S taxpayer saves massively using Falcon 9 over ULA which cost 300% more :p:

now that Falcon 9 booster can successfully land intact to be re-used the price per lauch is going to be even cheaper :coffee:

Is China going to copy this :china: of course they will :agree:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Last edited:
Of all the times to post an article claiming china's space program superiority to the US, you had to do it on the day after this.

With the Falcon Heavy currently expected to launch Mid 2016, capable of delivering 53 METRIC TONS of payload into orbit...

First Falcon Heavy Launch Scheduled for Spring - SpaceNews.com

Bad timing man, bad timing.

I think the article talks about the booming Chinese space industry and its huge potential in the future, not who is ahead of who right now.

2015 in spaceflight

By country
Country
Launches Successes/ Failures/ Partial failures
23px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
Europe 9 9 0 0
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India 5 5 0 0
23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png
Iran 1 1 0 0
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan 4 4 0 0
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
People's Republic of China 18 18 0 0
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia 27 24 1 2 Includes Sea Launch and Soyuz from Kourou (3)
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 20 18 2 0

China 18 launches with successful rate 100%, pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Of all the times to post an article claiming china's space program superiority to the US, you had to do it on the day after this.

With the Falcon Heavy currently expected to launch Mid 2016, capable of delivering 53 METRIC TONS of payload into orbit...

First Falcon Heavy Launch Scheduled for Spring - SpaceNews.com

Bad timing man, bad timing.

I think he made this thread because of what SpaceX did.

the timing is way to suspicious :chilli:

mars-colonial-a.png

sole customer :rofl: are you sure about that bud.
List of Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S federal funding/purchase of use Falcon 9 isn't a problem. you need a little push to get things going as well

meanwhile the U.S taxpayer saves massively using Falcon 9 over ULA which cost 300% more :p:

now that Falcon 9 booster can successfully land intact to be re-used the price per lauch is going to be even cheaper :coffee:

Is China going to copy this :china: of course they will :agree:

What I mean is the sole primary customer-Thanks for your sarcasm, even though you probably know what I meant. The whole Falcon 9 design was created for the CCDev project; so was the ATK Liberty project, the ULA Atlas V+Boeing CST100, and the Sierra Nevada DreamChaser. That's the life and bread of Spacex. I presumed there were secondary customers, but that's like carrying CubeSat's on your mission because you've got room, and it's an easy quick buck.

What I mean is the sole primary customer. The whole Falcon 9 design was created for the CCDev project. That's the life and bread of Spacex. I presumed there were secondary customers, but that's like carrying CubeSat's on your mission because you've got room, and it's an easy quick buck.

sole primary customer for right now :azn: which is why I said the government is basically kickstarting SpaceX off

you are talking about COTS

Commercial Orbital Transportation Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now who do you think is going to commercialize civilan space travel??? government run space agencies or the private sector like SpaceX :wave:

which is going to make more money for the company than putting satellites in space :smitten:

Congratulations China, this is amazing progress especially bringing Asia at par with USA in space race. Russia is sometimes labelled as part of Europe (by Europeans) despite all this launching facilities are located well inside Asia.

Last edited:
sole primary customer for right now :azn: which is why I said the government is basically kickstarting SpaceX off

you are talking about COTS

Commercial Orbital Transportation Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now who do you think is going to commerical civilan space travel??? government run space agencies or the private sector like SpaceX :wave: which is going to make more money than putting satellites in space :smitten:

No, I mean CCDev. At least it was called that when I was still involved with NewSpace 2011-2012.

NASA - CCDev Information

To be quite frank, putting a space capsule in orbit is still deemed as putting a satellite in space; an artificial one. Who's going fuel Spacex' demand for their Mars mission? The few billionaires in america paying for a few grand each flight?

Let the big dogs handle exo-LEO spaceflight-Government i.e. NASA SLS system.

And let the commercial guys take on Near-earth orbit.

By the way, why do you americans always jump at the sight of an article claiming anything about challenging us supremacy? This time, you didn't read right; the topic is might put... to shame, not disposed america of leadership in spaceflight... Looking forward to your sarcastic remarks.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom