What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

Drunk more... LOL

Img6631863_n.jpg

d067e519bbcc14efd8e433.jpg

Putin knows how to play politics, my friend:

1693714538.jpg

Corbis-42-18473139.jpg

187343455.jpg

article-0-1A611C38000005DC-881_634x400.jpg

Compare these photos of friendship between Russian and Japanese leaders with the picture above with the Chinese leader where he cracks a fake smile ... LOL

LOL !

Ha, Ha, Ha!!! That last pic is gold!. Abe trying to cop a feel... Putin with the rejection.

That's what I was thinking, too! A sense of unease...actually.

Japan is no longer an expansionist country like it was during the 1930's.

China on the other hand has inherited Japan's mantra of being the leading expansionist power in Asia.

Putin also thanks to Japan sanction, Good job Abe !

W020130323321146437079.jpg

4437e612ee9414e63d6d20.jpg

Japan's sanctions on Russia were stupid and ill advised. Fortunately both sides appear willing and able to find a solution and I hope for a beleaguered Russian and Japanese economic climate and for the good people of both nations that a peaceful end to the sanctions by Japan comes soon. The Russian government I don't like, but the people deserve better than we have allowed them.

Last edited:
Putin also thanks to Japan sanction, Good job Abe !

W020130323321146437079.jpg

4437e612ee9414e63d6d20.jpg

The sanctions were very limited, a token sanction, if you may. It hasn't hindered trade, in fact, the Russians have been the ones actively seeking an agreement with Japan to construct the oil pipeline.

Despite the sanctions, bro, Japan and Russia conducted joint naval exercises late last month. Tho it will never be printed in western media. FYI.

Japan, Russia to run naval rescue exercises as planned- Nikkei Asian Review

Japan Plans Joint Navy Exercises With Russia Late September | Military & Intelligence | RIA Novosti

Japan's sanctions in Russia were stupid and ill advised. Fortunately both sides appear willing and able to find a solution and I hope for a beleaguered Russian and Japanese economic climate and for the good people of both nations that a peaceful end to the sanctions by Japan comes soon. The Russian government I don't like, but the people deserve better than we have allowed them.

Check this.

How Japan getting caught in the dilemma between the US/Russia conflict

Despite the sanctions, bro, Japan and Russia conducted joint naval exercises late last month. Tho it will never be printed in western media. FYI.

The NYTimes and the UK's Telegraph seem to be the only "western" media organization to post this information, it seems our traditional sources are allergic to painting Russia in a positive light. That being said the great thing about living in the west, a west that doesn't restrict my viewing ability, is that if I want to read RT or Presstv or CCTV I have the option.

Japan's sanctions in Russia were stupid and ill advised. Fortunately both sides appear willing and able to find a solution and I hope for a beleaguered Russian and Japanese economic climate and for the good people of both nations that a peaceful end to the sanctions by Japan comes soon. The Russian government I don't like, but the people deserve better than we have allowed them.

Absolutely true, @SvenSvensonov . I personally was against the sanctions and I think that it was lack of foresight on Abe's part to implement it. However, objectively speaking, he and his LDP establishment implemented a limited sanction of Russia to achieve two goals: 1) To support the European Union and the United States in regards to the Ukrainian situation; and as a strategic MDT ally of the United States, Japan is obliged to stand shoulder to shoulder with our strategic ally. Tho it is given leeway to project that to the best of the nation's interest. 2) To secure support of the United States' for Japan's implementation of Collective Self Defense and to take up a wider offensive strategy , concession was required and Abe thought it wise to implement the sanctions as a move that would not agitate the United States. Afterall, imagine how it would look like to one's ally if we were to increase military and economic cooperation with a nation (Russia) that was at odds with one's own strategic and Treaty Ally? Not very good, right? Just like in any relationship, one has to analyze the best plan of action, and Japan has, in my opinion, thought it wise to implement a 'give and take' policy in regards to its relationship with both the United States and the Russian Federation.

Last edited:
Because of US pressure, Japan had to put sanctions on Russia. Japan shouldn't have :/ Even Turkey didn't put any sanctions on Russia. Turkey-Turkic countries, Russia and Japan make good combo.

Because of US pressure, Japan had to put sanctions on Russia. Japan shouldn't have :/ Even Turkey didn't put any sanctions on Russia. Turkey-Turkic countries, Russia and Japan make good combo.

They would make a good combo, though the economies of all the nations mention are experiencing economic issues that wouldn't be alleviated by increased trade with each other. Still as a political and technological bloc, this one would be massive. Russia, for all its reliance on the west, is still a tech leader... Japan too. Turkey is an up-and-comer while the Turkic nations will reap the benefits. It's a pipe dream, but an interesting case to study.

Back
Top Bottom