What's new

The Food Ranger 'What Makes Pakistan So AMAZING'

The Punjab – Famous North Indian Restaurant in Covent Garden
Established in 1946, we are the oldest North Indian Restaurant in the UK, serving distinctive Punjabi cuisine to generations of diners in Covent Garden. Fourth generation family owned, we feature an eclectic Punjabi atmosphere with many historical pictures on our silk walls.
Then UK has really old restaurants too: http://www.punjab.co.uk/our-history.html

Pre-Pakistani times...so when they started selling indian food and it got famous many just joined the brand...though not all...And many made a new introduction by adding Paksitani/ indian cuisine...

I was just looking at this one:

Chaat Phati Bhindi – £3.00 - I read this as Chaat Phatti Bhindi and was like WTH :ashamed: ... This is how clueless I am with vege dishes ...chatphati Bhindi [spicy ladies fingers]
https://www.itihaas.co.uk/menus/itihaas-ala-carte-menu/
It would be another vege dish with extra spices (over the top)...BTW the modern term for lady fingers is Okra.
I used to hate the taste of their food (especially the spices so I tried to avoid going to an Indian restaurant even in a new place / city) rather I would opt for a local cuisine (if halal) or search for Turkish or Arabic restaurants. Sometimes with friends especially with Indians, I dined a few times at Indian restaurants. But since I read the news that some of the Indian chefs were caught adding urine in the food, I totally stopped and still regret visiting those places.

i am sure you can
No I can't.

Last edited:
It would be another vege dish with extra spices (over the top)...BTW the modern term for lady fingers is Okra.
I used to hate the taste of their food (especially the spices so I tried to avoid going to an Indian restaurant even in a new place / city) rather I would opt for a local cuisine (if halal) or search for Turkish or Arabic restaurants.
O I remember I went vegetarian everytime I moved cities until I figured out where halal meat can be purchased...Most "healthiest" months of my life lolz ...when I used to go out with friends ...I would just say I am vegetarian to save the lengthy explanation but interesting enough those who had been around Muslims would ask if I really was a vegetarian or saving the hassle to find Muslim food..I would admit abt the halal issue and they would nod in understanding...some would offer to go to a Middle eastern restaurant and I will be like "nahh going healthy for today :D " [I found it too much to ask all to change their palate for me]...I remember we had this "chirstmas dinner at a Nepalese restaurant - yea it was my 1st time too...my supervisor was blowing his nose the whole time and it was fun watching him suffer for once :p:

All kinds of people exist, just need to know who your circle is :)

some of the Indian chef were caught adding urine in the food, I totally stopped and still regret visiting those places.
:o: How is that allowed in West? Wouldnt they be jailed and loose some chef cert or license or whatever Chefs have...

Back
Top Bottom