What's new

The Flying Hero of the 1971 War

It was wise move by paf to hide their a
/c . Many paf pilot lives were saved.

It was wise move by paf to hide their a
/c . Many paf pilot lives were saved.

Really,??? the IAF tried in vain for two weeks to destroy the grounded Sabres, without a single success but lost 17 further aircraft to ground fire. !!

Really,??? the IAF tried in vain for two weeks to destroy the grounded Sabres, without a single success but lost 17 further aircraft to ground fire. !!

Nice stratigy :D you can't shoot down the plane which is already on ground.
Plus ..good .....or even Best air defence if shot 17 a/c and if true :D

Any links to claim 17 other than wiki ??? I have problems with wiki

Even you will agree that if you fly you have a risk of being shot. If you don't fly you don't have a risk of being shot down. Cuz you are already down

please dont turn this to be flame war thread....... salute the brave flying officer and leave this thread clean.....

Nice stratigy :D you can't shoot down the plane which is already on ground.

You can bomb them on the ground, which the IAF tried for two weeks....... do Kalaikunda and Pathankot ring any bells ;) or even the six day war.
Plus ..good .....or even Best air defence if shot 17 a/c and if true :D

Any links to claim 17 other than wiki ??? I have problems with wiki

Don't know what exactly you are trying to say, but 17 were shot down by ground fire and 11 in air combat including 2 MiG-21s for the loss of 5 F-86 Sabres.....nothing to do with Wiki. !!
Even you will agree that if you fly you have a risk of being shot. If you don't fly you don't have a risk of being shot down. Cuz you are already down
For your futile sarcasm, i can prove, Indian planes went down while flying, thinking they were about to be shot down even when there was no PAF aircraft in the vicinity. :agree:

You can bomb them on the ground, which the IAF tried for two weeks....... do Kalaikunda and Pathankot ring any bells ;) or even the six day war.

Don't know what exactly you are trying to say, but 17 were shot down by ground fire and 11 in air combat including 2 MiG-21s for the loss of 5 F-86 Sabres.....nothing to do with Wiki. !!

For your futile sarcasm, i can prove, Indian planes went down while flying, thinking they were about to be shot down even when there was no PAF aircraft in the vicinity. :agree:

troll remarks will get troll replies only.. just my two cents :)

For Bolded part I was asking LINKS if you have any.... And not from wiki
Second that wasn't sarcasm/troll. It was simple statement to which I though you might agree but you choose otherwise. Ok please put forward your story too. If its about 71 then it won't be off topic. But please something reliable. Not fan boy stories.

I said not wiki because , you will find on wiki a page which claims an Pakistani Ace ( I forget name ) having 5 kills in 5 mins :D
The fact: GoP Pakistan ( PAF ) never release his tail cam footage and never accept or deny claim , IAF claims they lost A/C in fire on base and not in enemy fire

Who says IAF were sitting Ducks. IAF pilots were as good as PAF pilots. Sekhon God Bless his soul was truly a Sher a Bacha he had time to bug out but he didn't. Yes I believe that his wing man was a Coward.
On a Fighter base in war you can takeoff for any place as long as you know you have enough space to take off.
During 71 BD 14 SQD we took off from the roads inside the base. Dilawar if I am right took off from the road twice.

In the case of Sekhon multiple factors took place other wise he would have got atleast 1 or may be 2 kills. Why I am saying this because the dame GNAT was so small by the time you saw it either he was so close to you that you are in his guns range vice versa.
First the 6 man team from PAF all of them had a lot of hours.
Second the weather was bad
Third the Runway was damaged.
Fourth his wingman was a coward.

I didn't know the pilots of IAF during the war yes I got to meet them after war and became best friends. But that day Sekhon was the Hero not Baig.

My Head bows with respect for you Sir.

Never knew, we have such vet on this forum.

What is required in this thread is

f24_106_hajmola.JPG

windjammer bhai itni lambi lambi fekenge to pachana difficult hota hai

but 17 were shot down by ground fire and 11 in air combat including 2 MiG-21s for the loss of 5 F-86 Sabres.....nothing to do with Wiki. !!

I call BullShit on this claim. Feel free to share names and dates of the 17 who were shot down by ground fire since they were shot down over the Erstwhile East Pakistan:no:

Can you prove it? Really? More than 1 IAF plane went down? Please share your info. PAF Names, IAF Names, dates,etc.
Please stick to answering only my question, nothing else. Other the one incident that Tufail has written about, what else do you have? Even the one Tufail wrote about is pure conjecture really. Anyway, let me know about the other "planes" that only you seem to know about......

There were many heroes of the war but all that matters to the country is the end result.

Indian military intervention in '71 achieved its objectives. Job well done.

Air to Air kills in BD 14 SQD from Dec 4th to Dec 6th 1971.

Dilawar 1 Hunter
Javed Afzaal 1 Hunter and 1 Mig 21
Shams-ul-Haq 2 Hunters 1 SU 7
Saeed Afzal 1 Hunter
Schames 1 Hunter
S Shamshad 2 Hunter
Rest were taken out by AA Guns ( Army ).

Air to Air kills in BD 14 SQD from Dec 4th to Dec 6th 1971.

Dilawar 1 Hunter
Javed Afzaal 1 Hunter and 1 Mig 21
Shams-ul-Haq 2 Hunters 1 SU 7
Saeed Afzal 1 Hunter
Schames 1 Hunter
S Shamshad 2 Hunter
Rest were taken out by AA Guns ( Army ).

Dear Sir, Thanks for the info.. How is your health???

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom