What's new

The Flying Hero of the 1971 War

history is history - no one can change it - only the brave pilots who fought in these war's know what happened. what is written by the 'official' historians on both sides should be taken with a pinch of salt. they have to please the top brass and the politicians and the propogandists. it is guy's like Muradk etc who know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

May I ask what you mean.

Dear Sir,

Since this is not the thread for this,

But has the pilots of this era have lost that combat skill of what we call dogfight since we are dependant on more and more on missile??

Second questions- How can a fighter pilot out manuver BVR?? Are there any such tactics

Third question- How much EW suits like spectra usefull in battle over enemy ground amongs enemy pilot and air defence??

Thanks in advance..

Nice to see a vet on these forums. Good post Sir.

Who says IAF were sitting Ducks. IAF pilots were as good as PAF pilots. Sekhon God Bless his soul was truly a Sher a Bacha he had time to bug out but he didn't. Yes I believe that his wing man was a Coward.
On a Fighter base in war you can takeoff for any place as long as you know you have enough space to take off.
During 71 BD 14 SQD we took off from the roads inside the base. Dilawar if I am right took off from the road twice.

In the case of Sekhon multiple factors took place other wise he would have got atleast 1 or may be 2 kills. Why I am saying this because the dame GNAT was so small by the time you saw it either he was so close to you that you are in his guns range vice versa.
First the 6 man team from PAF all of them had a lot of hours.
Second the weather was bad
Third the Runway was damaged.
Fourth his wingman was a coward.

I didn't know the pilots of IAF during the war yes I got to meet them after war and became best friends. But that day Sekhon was the Hero not Baig.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom