What's new

The first leaked pic of the Type 094A

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
I guess it might be the 3rd and 4th boats of the Type 094, quite different from the 1st and 2nd ones, which showed in October 2007.

wsqalpo.jpg

Boats #1 and #2 of the Type 094
eY4jJu2.jpg

It's not that different, so it should still be relatively the same. The big breakthrough should be the advent of the 096.

The key point is that it has now 16 launch tubes, since i've seen many Chinese military fans were complaining that the original Type 094 has only 12 launch tubes.

So now they got what they want.

The new so-called 4th gen nuclear-powered sub has 16 launch tubes,each capable of holding 1 BM or 6 LACMs。

True, everyone will go with the 16 launch tubes one, including USA.

No need to go after the 24 launch tubes which is completely wasteful, too many eggs in one single basket.

Nevertheless, the JL-3 SLBM gonna be the ultimate badass for sure. :victory:

The key point is that it has now 16 launch tubes, since i've seen many Chinese military fans were complaining that the original Type 094 has only 12 launch tubes.

So now they got what they want.

It still has twelve tubes; conning tower is simply closer to the tubes now.

The new so-called 4th gen nuclear-powered sub has 16 launch tubes,each capable of holding 1 BM or 6 LACMs。

Just curious, was the original leak of the submarine posted by an insider?

It still has twelve tubes; conning tower is simply closer to the tubes now.

Just curious, was the original leak of the submarine posted by an insider?

Gosh, you need to look at the pic again seriously.

I suggest you to click on the enlarged pic and look it again. How many hatches per row does it have? It is 6 or 8?

Gosh, you need to look at the pic again seriously.

I suggest you to click on the enlarged pic and look it again. How many hatches per row does it have? It is 6 or 8?

A computer generated image is not proof.

A computer generated image is not proof.

When you got the 'HSH' tag on the pic, which means it was posted by the admin of the HSH forum.

It is already a pretty concrete proof, who can get those pics of the Type 052D? Just some random Internet amateurs?

You were always complaining how TG is keeping everything in secret, now they got the permission of leaking TG's newest boomer in deployment, you just start to disbelieve it?

You are one funny dude.

Why raised hump?Increases noise signature.Looks similar to russian delta class than us ohio.

Why raised hump?Increases noise signature.Looks similar to russian delta class than us ohio.

Because it is only China's second generation SSBN, whatever it changes, even with 16 launch tubes, it still gonna have the hump.

Of course, it is only slightly better than the Delta IV class, but no match against the performance of the mighty Ohio class.

I wonder if the sub will be quieter. Probably use a 7 blade propeller for lower acoustic.
94112367.jpg

n6JQ8.jpg

It should, since the Type 094A is a modernized version.

Yeah, it does have the 7 blades propeller and a slightly better silencer to reduce the noise level.

But overall it is still a second generation Chinese SSBN, it is not going to have a generation of improvement over the earlier boats of the same generation.

Could it be a possibility that the new 094 is actually the 096?

Back
Top Bottom