The first batch of T-129 joined the Turkish Army

HRK

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The first batch of T-129 joined the Turkish Army

bilde

ANKARAThe first batch of three T-129 attack helicopters coproduced by the Italian-British AgustaWestland and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) joined the Turkish Army’s inventory at a high level ceremony here on Tuesday.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul thanked all parties involved in the program and said: “This [delivery] illustrates the technological level achieved by Turkey’s local industry, particularly in helicopter manufacturing.” Also present at the ceremony were Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Parliament Speaker Cemil Cicek.

Under the program, AgustaWestland and TAI produced nine T-129 helicopter gunships. The $3.3 billion contract was signed in 2007 for an eventual batch of 59 helicopters. The partnership is coproducing five more.

Designed in two variants with close-air support and multitask mission features, the T-129 can undertake high-altitude missions with heavy artillery.

The gunship is equipped with at least 76 rockets for close-air support and advanced electronic warfare armaments. It will use locally-produced Mizrak anti-tank missiles and the Cirit laser-guided missile system.

In a speech in Parliament on Tuesday, Erdogan said that the T-129 would hopeful be one of Turkey’s “most important export products.” He said: “This program marks that Turkey has progressed from being a helicopter buyer to a producer.

I'm really hoping I'm right when I say that Pakistan's Russian purchase is only a stopgap, and the PA still plans on going for the T-129.

I'm really hoping I'm right when I say that Pakistan's Russian purchase is only a stopgap, and the PA still plans on going for the T-129.

In addition to what you said I think Mil 35 will be inducted in limited numbers, T-129 with TOT is more valuable option for future needs, but engine problem ..... :(

In addition to what you said I think Mil 35 will be inducted in limited numbers, T-129 with TOT is more valuable option for future needs, but engine problem ..... :(

american interests in this region is almost over , i think it will be hard for pakistani to get any kind of help from uncle sam after they withdraw ...obviously every pakistani want to see those devil babies in PA and used against terrorism.. but what more option do we have for now ?

@Kaan bro , post some pics and details of T-129 ..
thanks in advance

american interests in this region is almost over

its such a broad and wrong statement, Americans are only withdrawing their troops but as a Nation and the biggest global power they are not going to withdraw from the region, they have interest in this 'region not just in Afghanistan' and these interests are not limited for the time period of 2-3 years only

i think it will be hard for pakistani to get any kind of help from uncle sam after they withdraw ...obviously every pakistani want to see those devil babies in PA and used against terrorism.. but what more option do we have for now ?

Dear Pakistan wants gunship helicopter with TOT to limit its dependancy on foreign countries, as per my understanding which may be wrong it might not be that difficult for Pakistan to 'purchse engine for this T-129 from US in sufficient number, but this will kill the purpose.

american interests in this region is almost over , i think it will be hard for pakistani to get any kind of help from uncle sam after they withdraw ...obviously every pakistani want to see those devil babies in PA and used against terrorism.. but what more option do we have for now ?

@Kaan bro , post some pics and details of T-129 ..
thanks in advance
TAI T-129 ATAK | Page 56

I think this picture of A-129 size comparisons (T-129 being slightly longer but not by much) should bring some awareness to how compact and full of tech little bird is. The only fully fledged attack helicopter that can be transported on a C-130.
5741074991_4205c43bdf_o.jpg

I think this picture of A-129 size comparisons (T-129 being slightly longer but not by much) should bring some awareness to how compact and full of tech little bird is. The only fully fledged attack helicopter that can be transported on a C-130.
5741074991_4205c43bdf_o.jpg

Compact yes. But how much punch does it pack? Let say compared to Apache or Havoc.

PM says "ATAK adlı taaruz ve keşif helikopter için çalışmalara başladık. Ortaya öyle bir tasarım çıkardık ki yakında Türkiye'nin en büyük ihracı olacak."

I think he knows something...

Erdoğan: Projeler büyük Türkiye'yi anlatıyor - İç Politika Haberleri

Top industry officials and finally PM is telling Atak to be Turkey's biggest export success in a short time. All those speeches are indication of a finalised agreement on minds which is being prepared for a fancy signiture ceremony with related country after first dliveries are done to Turkish Army. It will be one of Azerbaijan (60 Atak is mentioned for them) and Pakistan (30+20 Atak is mentioned for Pakistan)

14205919540_f2243d7401_o.jpg
14205920080_3d86d37668_o.jpg
14391449924_fda97ae200_o.jpg
14205919940_4e8432504d_o.jpg
14391449934_bb1091f281_o.jpg
14392493855_9e5b8c62d1_o.jpg

Last edited:
Top industry officials and finally PM is telling Atak to be Turkey's biggest export success in a short time. All those speeches are indication of a finalised agreement on minds which is being prepared for a fancy signiture ceremony with related country after first dliveries are done to Turkish Army. It will be one of Azerbaijan (60 Atak is mentioned for them) and Pakistan (30+20 Atak is mentioned for Pakistan)

14205919540_f2243d7401_o.jpg
14205920080_3d86d37668_o.jpg
14391449924_fda97ae200_o.jpg
14205919940_4e8432504d_o.jpg
14391449934_bb1091f281_o.jpg
14392493855_9e5b8c62d1_o.jpg
So we will probably have the same amount of ataks as Azerbaijan. Thats interesting considering how much larger our armed forces are compared to theirs.

So we will probably have the same amount of ataks as Azerbaijan. Thats interesting considering how much larger our armed forces are compared to theirs.

Azrbaijani one is not certain but mentoned on some sources like that. Our Atak helicopter number to be produced will be exceeded 100+.
51+9+30 (option) is mentioned inside of current agrement. With expiration of around 20+ obsolete Cobras, The more T129 will be on the table...

Back
Top Bottom