What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

I believe in the most recent Cobra downing, the problem was that the rats with the Igla had gotten way too close to our heli. This is why you send 2 choppers, one to engage the main targets and the other for operational security. Moral of the story: we need more choppers . RIP to the martyred

CSAR, Turkey has it.

AKAIK T129 has protection against 12.7mm armour-piercing rounds.

I believe not when they hit sensitive parts like main/tail rotors.

CSAR, Turkey has it.

I don't think CSAR is helpful when both pilots are dead. There should always be a second chopper, especially if the combat area is near that godforsaken frontier with Syria.

I don't think CSAR is helpful when both pilots are dead. There should always be a second chopper, especially if the combat area is near that godforsaken frontier with Syria.

sadly that area terrain is a great place for operating MANPADS.

We need something like this:

Aselsan has a similar one, HEWS.

Army technology website says "The airframe provides ballistic protection against 12.7mm armour-piercing rounds. The engines are armour protected. The main rotor has ballistic tolerance against 12.7mm rounds."

I can't post link because I'm a new user.

sadly that area terrain is a great place for operating MANPADS.

Aselsan has a similar one, HEWS.
Yes there is such system and as far as I know it is effective against radar guided missiles and IR guided missiles like the Igla because the information I recieve from this video is that it can work with chaff and flares. I dont know if this system is integrated in the helicopters but if its integrated I think the close range was not the problem in the situation I think the system can manage to react to the threat but maybe the system was in manual mode and in that case it can be explained by not so fast reaction by our hero in the helicopter RIP to our fallen martyrs

Lets say you are fluing on an urban area and people shooting with 7,62s auto rifle or whatever.This thing has protection.
It is not like it can protect 12,7mm but will fail at 12,8mm. It is a bit chance thats why urban areas are risky.

ClAEeFaWsAAUpiC.jpg

Questions asked to minister of defence about downed AH1 cobra.Sorry for non-availability of English version

Those are terribly wrong, misguided and misinterpreted questions. He asked questions about things literally doesn't exists then demanded answers. This is a shameful example of what happens when you haven't any idea about what you talk about.

Look at 9: He makes a false statement and asks as if it is a fact. Both t-129 and AH-1W use Aselsan made Helikopter Elektronik Harp Kendini Koruma Sistemi (HEHSİS) [Helicopter Electronic Warfare System (HEWS)]. It is LICENCE built which means it is developed and produced under NATO regulations. Some(not all) of the critical components and parts of the whole system are products of different countries and firms which are all produced under licence by Aselsan.(Which is a cold but ignored truth of our "indigenous" defense industry)

Question 10 is a criminally wrong question. He should not only fire who the heck is his adviser but also literally press charges against him. He permanently scarred his political credibility. He absolutely states the system does NOT tested before entering service. I am just speechless.

Asking questions based on false facts born from wild speculation, lack of knowledge and wrong assumptions will not get you answers and won't bring you anywhere. I humbly believe his acts doesn't have any good intentions and this is nothing but a misguided assault to gain political influence.

Last edited:
Turkey to install new air defense systems on Syria border

Turkey is set to install new air defense systems at the Elbeyli border crossing in Turkey’s southeastern province of Kilis, as rocket attacks originating from Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL)-held regions across the border in Syria have taken the lives of 21 civilians in the province this year.

Developed by Aselsan, the country’s leading defense manufacturer, the counter-mortar “Serhat” radar system and self-propelled “Korkut” air defense gun system were recently installed at the Öncüpınar border crossing in Kilis, as part of plans by the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) to upgrade border security.

According to reports by Turkish daily Habertürk, the systems will now be installed at the Elbeyli border crossing in Kilis.

Korkut, which has a rate of fire of 1100 rounds per minute, is expected to destroy rockets some four kilometers before they hit the ground, in cases where they are unnoticed by unmanned aerial vehicles, otherwise known as drones.

Moreover, two batteries of Aselsan’s High-Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) will also be brought to Kilis alongside armed drones.

Meanwhile, efforts to seal off a 70-kilometer strip of Turkey’s border that stretches from just east of the Turkish town of Kilis to Karkamış were nearing an end, while a physical security system will soon be installed. According to reports, the wall’s construction continues in the southeastern provinces of Kilis, Gaziantep, Hatay, Şanlıurfa and Mardin.

The structure, 70 percent of which is now complete, will be five meters high – including four meters of concrete and a meter of razor wire.

The border will be monitored 24/7 with unmanned bubbled surveillance systems dubbed “mini zeppelins,” also developed by Aselsan.

The surveillance system enables immobile facilities such as small units and posts to monitor local security and give early warnings. Coming in two different models, the surveillance system can convey images over a 360-degree area in real-time to the control station, with day and night cameras.

ISIL rocket attacks have claimed the lives of 21 since Jan. 18, including eight Syrians, in Kilis, while more than 80 people have been wounded.

June/16/2016

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...rder.aspx?pageID=238&nID=100573&NewsCatID=341

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom