What's new

THE F16 DILLEMA---PAF HAS GONE TOO FAR--NO MORE F16's PLEASE

new 8 f-16 cost us $1.5bln and that money we can have 2 sqd of J-10C and weapon package can also be integrated on JF-17...

and many congratz to the US congress for stopping sale of F-16 :smitten::tup:

has China even offered the J-10 C or even B :what:

what's the hold up.

what's the hold up.

Hi,

It was offered in 2014---and we had 2 of them for evaluation---were they J10B's or C's---I do not know.

Musharraf already contracted for 36 J10's before he left. But later govts did not show much interest---and as is with pak / china orders---if paf does not get them---they are absorbed by the chinese air force----but are available ondemand asap----like the F7PG 's after the kargil crisis.

Knowing the Pak -China relationship, Pakistan can have J-10C tomorrow, IF it wants to.
Hi,

It was offered in 2014---and we had 2 of them for evaluation---were they J10B's or C's---I do not know.

Musharraf already contracted for 36 J10's before he left. But later govts did not show much interest---and as is with pak / china orders---if paf does not get them---they are absorbed by the chinese air force----but are available ondemand asap----like the F7PG 's after the kargil crisis.

2 squadron of JH-7B and 4 squadrons of J-10C would be a huge improvement for the Pakistani Air force.

then 8 squadrons of J-31 to counter Su-30 and Pak-Fa

2 squadron of JH-7B and 4 squadrons of J-10C would be a huge improvement for the Pakistani Air force.

The best thing is that they can be delivered at a very fast rate, unlike any other supplier.

@MastanKhan Your comments Sir?

Hi,

Absolutely----couldn't ask for a better combination.

The best thing is that they can be delivered at a very fast rate, unlike any other supplier.

@MastanKhan Your comments Sir?

You know where I stand.

Hi,

Musharraf contracted 36 J10,we all know it. Which version he ordered A or B? I was once get excited by the news, then it led to no outcome when he left. To be honest, I appreciate General Musharraf very much.

I can't judge how he governed Pakistan, he definitely had made strategic planning for PAF.

Musharraf contracted 36 J10,we all know it. Which version he ordered A or B? I was once get excited by the news, then it led to no outcome when he left. To be honest, I appreciate General Musharraf very much.

I can't judge how he governed Pakistan, he definitely had made strategic planning for PAF.

Hi,

He had ordered the J10B version---. As a general---he understood diversity in the major weapons systems---for that very reason---he cancelled the partial contract of the swedish awacs that we got and he turned and got us 4 chinese awacs---.

Mushy was a good man but in the middle years---things started slipping out of his control---he got beat by the media---he had no one to fight for him.

Can any one enlighten me
How much improvements J10C has over J10B.....?
Not like "improved avionics, improved radar, more pay load etc"
I mean statically .........
What special J10C offer us?

what's the hold up.
it was PAF which give much details to china to upgrade J-10A into J-10B multirole fighter, and currently PAF pilots are flying J-10, Su-30, J-11 and other jets in PLAAF and in PLANAF..
but the sad part is that elite in PAF are extremely in love with F-16 and that's why they reject EFT, rafale, gripen, j-10..

One is forced to wonder ... whether this infatuation with the Viper, although its my favorite bird, of the so-called PAF elite is based solely on its merits as a fighter or some post retirement considerations as well???

it was PAF which give much details to china to upgrade J-10A into J-10B multirole fighter, and currently PAF pilots are flying J-10, Su-30, J-11 and other jets in PLAAF and in PLANAF..
but the sad part is that elite in PAF are extremely in love with F-16 and that's why they reject EFT, rafale, gripen, j-10..
For a old guy like me, I will stick to vi to do my work, even there are so many new IDE's/editors with fancy new features. Totally understand why PAF pilots prefer F16.

For a old guy like me, I will stick to vi to do my work, even there are so many new IDE's/editors with fancy new features. Totally understand why PAF pilots prefer F16.
even Vi is also updated to compare with new IDE/editors, and that fills your half of the requirement and forced you to not jump on new Editor as you have to loose sometime to take a full hand on it...

Old guys like you need to understand that , PAF can't fly world war 2, fighter jets even though , if they are super best of their times .
Changing war tactics & technology is out there , & being used by our enemies .
We need to match the tech & tactics , we can't just stand on the fake reasons that we know better of about our decades old F-16s ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom