What's new

The F-16 Offer to India — India Might Refuse It, But Pakistan Can’t Ignore It

I've nothing to write on the subject. Sorry. I don't realty care about politics, be they our relations with India, Pakistan anyone else or even domestic and don't really care too much for air-warfare either, which this offer and article pertain to (that includes naval aviation. I'm far more favorable to space, though. So if you've a question about space assets, feel free to ask).

If India or Pakistan are involved in some way with US naval assets I'll have something more to say.

But on air-warfare and the politics of the US' relation with India and Pakistan? Not a damn thing. It's just not something I'm interested in.

Why was the death star destroyed by a single rebel fighter?

I thought about it and came to the conclusion I've nothing witty to write in response.

I'm just going to say it was "The Force":D.

Jedi-Squirrel.jpg

Damn Jedi, ruining galactic domination for everyone:angry:.

The million dollar question is

Will we get that technology in complete form - from research to enabling MIC with skill development

or
we will assemble the same very best technology from kits ..

What will LM and all those OEMs and support blocks gain by giving us the research and tech? How many F16s orders are needed to finance such a sharing? In all probability pretty huge numbers may be 150+.. and the biggest stumbling block is Senate .. they have to approve this transfer which normally is not possible..

I can tell you if that would have given us F15s Silent Eagle i would have advocated it surely.. but thats not in cards nor will be ever.. There is a much higher chance of giving F35s bcz that gets them the hype and marketing that even India likes the aircraft over F15SE
my wish exactly.. the only FA i want from Uncle Sam is F-15 Silent Eagle.

We can only argue that Pakistan hasn't chosen wisely after the fallout with the Yanks. Our obsession with these outdated machines is beyond ridiculous though.

Having said that, the Americans did bribe us with F-16s during and before the Cold War. Things were going smoothly back then. We cannot say that Pakistan didn't choose wisely back then. The political landscape changes very quickly. Friends become enemies and enemies friends in a blink of an eye.

f-16 is fine fighter aircraft. fighter aircraft does not define the power of a country

f-16 is fine fighter aircraft. fighter aircraft does not define the power of a country

I never said it does, but a fighter aircraft is one of many important security components of any given nation. F-16 is outdated and PAF requires a new platform with better capabilities.

Last edited:
F-35 is no go for India, since delivering the current orders will take atleast untill 2022++
thats right but before that to happen two things will happen .... or say its like a a trade if we have to have the latest defence and daul use manufacturing technologies we have to buy F16 Blk70/72 from US with colplete tranfer of F16 assembally line with all the toolings and other related stuff but then at 100 million per plane F16 Blk70/72 can carry the same weapons load as a MKI but more than twice as leathelas a grippen when it comes to its radar and avionics and ammount of TOT we could get from US

It's not the only f16 but it's nuclear tech etc deals that going to bring instability in the region,pak was focused on f16 purchase dew to aid could hv make cheaper and cud hv good purchase , pak knew from past how USA willing to give ,USA was doing double game and pak was trying to milk USA as much as can
Now pak is working on jf17 to be 4++ jet as wl as looking couple of squads of su or mirages until they get hands into 5+ Gen aircraft
Even I was assumed after 9/11 that such deals and alliance will come and I was convinced after some years that pak is countering them well and now Pakistan stance is very clear to everyone

The US China Cold war has only just begun

And so has India's GOOD fortune

US people dont want any conflict with China ; but that does nt mean that they
want China to be ALLOWED to dominate all Asian Countries

USA is INDISPENSABLE for Asian Security

And US needs a Strong India to be able to counter and contain China successfully

Why do you think Chinese media have been warning India

BUT the really funny thing is that China has PUSHED INDIA into the Arms of USA

We tried to reason with China for a long time

But they like to bully other nations ; SO BE IT

Ironically, the US hasn't really harmed Indian interests ever, except kissinger and the crazy f Nixon going at a tangent in 1971.

The Russians have been helpful but often dishonest in its dealings with India, understandable...given its desperate requirement for money to keep up its rat race and fund it's conflicts.

These are the two countries that really matter, and there has been just two countries that mattered from many decades.

Indian geopolitical and defence needs grew and will only grow further. The Russians are weakening and they are getting into conflicts that really isn't benefiting it...neither is it benefiting it's allies, plus it's falling way back in technology development.

The Indian shift is genuine and has been planned and happening over a decade and a half..It precisely began when Bill Clinton visited and took a serious turn under George Bush Jr.

India will need a lot of support from the Americans to keep its upward graph, and hearteningly the Americans are willing to provide it.

Ironically, the US hasn't really harmed Indian interests ever, except kissinger and the crazy f Nixon going at a tangent in 1971.

The Russians have been helpful but often dishonest in its dealings with India, understandable...given its desperate requirement for money to keep up its rat race and fund it's conflicts.

These are the two countries that really matter, and there has been just two countries that mattered from many decades.

Indian geopolitical and defence needs grew and will only grow further. The Russians are weakening and they are getting into conflicts that really isn't benefiting it...neither is it benefiting it's allies, plus it's falling way back in technology development.

The Indian shift is genuine and has been planned and happening over a decade and a half..It precisely began when Bill Clinton visited and took a serious turn under George Bush Jr.

India will need a lot of support from the Americans to keep its upward graph, and hearteningly the Americans are willing to provide it.
USA helped us in setting up dams , hydle power stations , industrial infra and institutions for higher education and even during green revolution while USSR looked the other way when china attacked while USA stopped china in 1962 but USSR/russia too us when we needed them most like in 1971 so its al about balance and im sure our elected govt and foriegn office can handle it pretty well

I never said it does, but a fighter aircraft is one of many important security components of any given nation. F-16 is outdated and PAF requires a new platform with better capabilities.

f-16 is still top 10 fighter aircraft. right now i do not think the paf can get any platform better than the f-16

Thats relative. If you compare it with Typhoon, Rafale or latest flankers then yeah its inferior( I won't say outdated though)....While if you compare it with Tejas, JF-17 etc then Its superior hands down. By the way Mig-29s, Su-27s, F-15s, F-16s etc all were designed in 1970s.

no matter whatever new fighters we procure we must carry on with our efforts to develop indigenous aircrafts.

Back
Top Bottom