What's new

(The Economist ) Imran Khan talks to Western media

Ali Tariq

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Apr 26, 2018·19 min
The Economist asks: Is the military swaying Pakistan in the wrong direction?
We talk to Imran Khan, star cricketer turned politician bidding to lead Pakistan in the upcoming election. Topics include Donald Trump and the war on terror, why Pakistani media is under pressure and the full-face veil - women's choice or imposition?

Hosted by Anne McElvoy and Edward McBride, our Asia Editor. Music by Chris Zabriskie “Divider” (CC by 4.0 UK)
Source:

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018·19 min
The Economist asks: Is the military swaying Pakistan in the wrong direction?
We talk to Imran Khan, star cricketer turned politician bidding to lead Pakistan in the upcoming election. Topics include Donald Trump and the war on terror, why Pakistani media is under pressure and the full-face veil - women's choice or imposition?

Hosted by Anne McElvoy and Edward McBride, our Asia Editor. Music by Chris Zabriskie “Divider” (CC by 4.0 UK)
Source:
Very statesman like and clear views.

Compare that with a post-its holding Bakvas Sharif comically pausing to glance towards Obama while trying to keep one eye on his notes that he stuttered and stumbled along in his trademark style and a long pause that puzzled even Obama as to what's going on inside that confused bald head.

Or a more symbolically synonymous comparison; Nawaz's interview with Talat Hussain while Ahsan Iqbal kept interrupting and feeding answers to his inept leader from the other side of the room about domestic issues, let alone foreign, much to the annoyance of the interviewer.

Compare that with a post-its holding Bakvas Sharif comically pausing to glance towards Obama while trying to keep one eye on his notes that he stuttered and stumbled along in his trademark style and a long pause that puzzled even Obama as to what's going on inside that confused bald head.

Or a more symbolically synonymous comparison; Nawaz's interview with Talat Hussain while Ahsan Iqbal kept interrupting and feeding answers to his inept leader from the other side of the room about domestic issues, let alone foreign, much to the annoyance of the interviewer.
Bhai, have you seen that video...?
That's hilarious :lol:

Bhai, have you seen that video...?
That's hilarious :lol:
Yeah and my words don't do justice to that nightmare of dignity, comical encounter that put a bemused smirk on the face of an otherwise dignified Obama. A shameful day for Pakistan but still not for the shameless PMLN leader or his goons.

Is anybody else impressed with the knowledge of the interviewers about our country? Damn..... I thought it'll be typical gora questions related to Taliban and terrorism and how Pakistan is about to be over-run by them. Excellent sharp questions and handled like a pro by Khan, can't imagine what Mian Saanp would have done in this situation.

Is anybody else impressed with the knowledge of the interviewers about our country? Damn..... I thought it'll be typical gora questions related to Taliban and terrorism and how Pakistan is about to be over-run by them. Excellent sharp questions and handled like a pro by Khan, can't imagine what Mian Saanp would have done in this situation.
Used his upside down sticky notes to wipe his nose, then his sweat from forehead and then his lips.

They asked tough questions good reply.
Few things i Must say they r misguided totaly from reality like Geo, panama verdict PTM.

Can you pls post the link of his interview with tallat?

Can you pls post the link of his interview with tallat?
For sure, let me dig it up...I still remember Talats frustration at Iqbal saying: sorry to say... he is handling it very well on his own ;) lol...

For sure, let me dig it up...I still remember Talats frustration at Iqbal saying: sorry to say... he is handling it very well on his own ;) lol...
yes pls do, man this Nawaz world economic forum video is probably the worse it can be, I felt so embarrassed, Obama one too was where one felt embarrassed to be a Pakistani,

yes pls do, man this Nawaz world economic forum video is probably the worse it can be, I felt so embarrassed, Obama one too was where one felt embarrassed to be a Pakistani,
Another relevant video, in fact a collection of absurd Nawaz Sharif interviews and IK's challenge to hold a live debate that still stands un answered to this day:

Back
Top Bottom