What's new

The curious history of US-Pakistan relations

In your detailed post just one thing is noticable and that is by the way what is wrong with word Bharati?

:what:

when was the last time i attacked you :angry:

Madam.... there is nothing wrong with the word bharati....but then the issue is how it has been used or for what it has been used ....

@SpArK Gochu Gallan..... Posted in members club :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In your detailed post just one thing is noticable and that is by the way what is wrong with word Bharati?

Is there anything patently wrong with the term "purisrar bandeys"? Nope, but the context I used it in did hack off a certain poster. There are those who contextualize the word Bharati to correspond with and to lead to the invalidation of any opinion. I never claimed that that term is an invective, just that it is employed in a prejudicial manner.

How presumptuous would it be to assume that I painted a whole nation with the same brush in that comment? I did not state that it was surprising that you or any common Pakistani had not harmed him, rather the implication was clear- that how surprising it is that a liberal can hack off people without repercussion despite the prevailing extremism in the region. Do you take umbrage to that too or would it have been more acceptable if I had ventured to create a false equivalency by mentioning any Indian author/liberal who had been targeted by extremists here in the same post?

Is there anything patently wrong with the term "purisrar bandeys"? Nope, but the context I used it in did hack off a certain poster. There are those who contextualize the word Bharati to correspond with and to lead to the invalidation of any opinion. I never claimed that that term is an invective, just that it is employed in a prejudicial manner.

I use the word for Indians and idont think so calling Indians as bharatis is employing in a prejudicial manner.

How presumptuous would it be to assume that I painted a whole nation with the same brush in that comment? I did not state that it was surprising that you or any common Pakistani had not harmed him, rather the implication was clear- that how surprising it is that a liberal can hack off people without repercussion despite the prevailing extremism in the region. Do you take umbrage to that too or would it have been more acceptable if I had ventured to create a false equivalency by mentioning any Indian author/liberal who had been targeted by extremists here in the same post?

I will repeat my earlier post again that your implication of oh "how surprising -----------prevailing extremism in the region"

is proof of your minsunderstanding of Pakistan and Pakistanis. in other words your understanding is based on some tilted media stuff :)

Madam.... there is nothing wrong with the word bharati....but then the issue is how it has been used or for what it has been used ....

@SpArK Gochu Gallan..... Posted in members club :)

:what: bharati is used for bharatis what else

Last edited by a moderator:

when was the last time i attacked you :angry:

Three points:

1. The way it is used, it is a pejorative term used by Pakistanis, exclusively, to indicate their contempt for Bharatiyas, or Indians. It is the equivalent, in rudeness and incivility, of the term P_a_k_i. Most of us scrupulously avoid using that scurrilous term; it is sad that in spite of repeated protests, it is the policy of this forum that Bharati is not objectionable. In effect, we are told what we may find offensive, and what we may not.

2. Presumably, you are not the sole spokesman, or spokesperson for Pakistan. There are others, who are tiresome and obdurate in this respect. I have named some of them in the past.

3. You might care to reflect that most responsible Indian posters treat their responsible Pakistani protagonists with the greatest possible respect and deference. Even the irresponsible Indians don't abuse their Pakistani seniors.

Back
Top Bottom