What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

You're talking about the Muslim religion. But you forget that India has one of the largest Muslim populations in the world.
Yeah but Indian Muslims live within the Indian framework and are secular enough and can assume leadership positions and they have. But pak was created as an Islamic Muslim country where non Muslims and even some Muslims like ahmadis are not on equal terms with the Sunnis because Sunnis are the majority. So if the Indian punjabis look similar they don't mentally gel with each other

Why do you care ? After all you were better off in Pakistan right with your Punjabi Muslim chums ?

We Indians know how to manage ourselves.
we have our own land to live in, which currently falls under the union of India, so do not tell where to live

What are your issues actually? If it's Sikh riot the use the relevant thread, if it's your cultural affinity with Pakistani Punjabis and lack of that with other Indians, then stick to topic.

Do you really believe that those issues are too separate to be discussed together. and its just not Punjab, tell me what cultural affinity Nagaland have with orissa

What are your issues actually? If it's Sikh riot the use the relevant thread, if it's your cultural affinity with Pakistani Punjabis and lack of that with other Indians, then stick to topic.

I think he is one of those Kuldip Nayar coterie , who even though were chased from that side at the first notice, cant get over their nostalgia.

Such people insult the choice/wisdom of those who even though had no say in Partition, silently and unquestioningly accepted it and have suffered for that.

we have our own land to live in, which currently falls under the union of India, so do not tell where to live

Then you have to abide by the laws of Republic of India, which doesn't differentiate between a Tamil and Punjabi.

I speak English and eat sandwich I don't know why I get bundled with these brown Indians rather than the English. Sheeeee

coz english are not the only ones who speak english and eat sandwich. did u really miss that?lol

Then stop this "oh-I-miss-my-Pakistan" drama baazi. The Bengalis suffered as much if not more than you people. Learn from them.

Then you have to abide by the laws of Republic of India, which doesn't differentiate between a Tamil and Punjabi.

Dont you think it is my land then it should be my choice as well?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Then stop this "oh-I-miss-my-Pakistan" drama baazi.

I mentioned punjab and not pakistan. read the OPost again:hitwall:

Do you really believe that those issues are too separate to be discussed together.
Please explain me what Sikh riot has to do with Punjab being in India.

and its just not Punjab, tell me what cultural affinity Nagaland have with orissa

Understand the modern entity called Nation state which is a political entity, not cultural or linguistic.

I mentioned punjab and not pakistan. read the OPost again:hitwall:

I read it and saw this line .

I could not help but wonder why did punjab( Indian) choose to be a part of India rather than Pakistan

You chose to be a part of India because the Punjabi Muslims were happily going around killing your lot without giving a dipshyt to your shared culture and language. That's why you chose to come to India.

Please explain me what Sikh riot has to do with Punjab being in India.

Understand the modern entity called Nation state which is a political entity, not cultural or linguistic.

I used the sikh riot as a point to demonstrate how incomplete is the argument of a different postor that since manmohan singh is the PM of india so sikhs have not been discriminated in india at all. thats it

Yeah but Indian Muslims live within the Indian framework and are secular enough and can assume leadership positions and they have. But pak was created as an Islamic Muslim country where non Muslims and even some Muslims like ahmadis are not on equal terms with the Sunnis because Sunnis are the majority. So if the Indian punjabis look similar they don't mentally gel with each other

Wait, this is what you said:

You may talk the same eat the same and look similar but you are a kafir. That's why you are segregated from them.

With pakys you have everything except religion that is common.

I thought the word Kafir just means non-Muslim. So surely according to an Indian Muslim, Indians who are not Muslim are Kafir?

Back
Top Bottom