What's new

The curious case of Indian Punjabis

Then why did you butcher each other like there is no tomorrow ? Why didn't you two (Punjabi Muslims and Punjabi Sikhs/Hindus) put up a united front and ask Jinnah and Nehru to go pleasure themselves ?

The truth is you could not stand the sight of each other at that time and went on a rampage when you heard the word 'go'.

Again my question - if you two - Punjabi Sikhs/Hindus and Punjabi Muslims - are two big chums who were separated by evil Nehru and Jinnah why agree to Partition ? Atleast you could have saved us (those who were not involved in Partition) from making enemies and suffer terror attacks and wars for your sake.

And yeah now you can be the big man and say wee did not ask you to make enemies - but that was incumbent on us , Indians, once you threw in your lot with us. Dont you get that simple concept ?

In this regard I like the Bengalis -they suffered as much as the Punjabis during Partition..But even though they share a cultural affinity even now they don't give a shyt to these senile romances are have moved on.

And yeah if you find living with a Tamil or an Assamese peculiar please you can move on to the land of your chums.

still irrational eh... just coz some people were foolish enuf to carry out some barbaric acts makes everyone bad. by ur logic delhi is the biggest enemy of punjab

.............................:hitwall:

Mate India's a big place I been there few times and not even been south India so what point you trying to make?

I could not help but wonder why did punjab( Indian) choose to be a part of India rather than Pakistan or Viceversa for Pakistan punjab.

WTF are you talking about it was made by the British nobody picked what side of the border to go on this is why i think yr chatting crap

People responsible for partition , nehru and gandhi were not punjabis.Sikhs(punjabis) were not very well represented in political clout at that point so they had to accept what came their way.

That is wrong. Sikhs had the option of choosing Pakistan as well, and they opted for India. Your forefather could have remained in Lahore and enjoy the bonhomie with other Punjabis without being associated with pesky Tamils and Assamese!

Ur second point is so illogical my friend. I do not ask you to take up anyone as enemies on our behalf .Using ur rational hindus will be the biggest enemies of sikh since some hindus were involved in butchering thousands of innocent sikhs all over India in 1984.so should i consider all of Hindus my enemies???open ur eyers plz

Please try to understand the rationale behind Gounder's argument. The struggle of Pakistan was mainly a struggle of power of North Indian elite Muslim and North Indian elite Hindus, why a Tamil should be involved in this? The main contention today we have with Pakistan is Kashmir, what the fkuc we have to do with Kashmir? Please get rid of victim mentality, we got what you sowed.

That is wrong. Sikhs had the option of choosing Pakistan as well, and they opted for India. Your forefather could have remained in Lahore and enjoy the bonhomie with other Punjabis without being associated with pesky Tamils and Assamese!

Please try to understand the rationale behind Gounder's argument. The struggle of Pakistan was mainly a struggle of power of North Indian elite Muslim and North Indian elite Hindus, why a Tamil should be involved in this? The main contention today we have with Pakistan is Kashmir, what the fkuc we have to do with Kashmir? Please get rid of victim mentality, we got what you sowed.

i would try to understand it if i there was some....

stop insulting other cultures , i never referred to tamils as pesky

Who cares ?

Tell me honestly ...why should a Tamil from Kanyakumari or a Mallu from Kannur should consider Pakistan as his mortal enemy ? Give me one solid reason for this other than assuming/inheriting the enmity just because the people of his nation (Punjabis,Bengalis etc) suffered traumas at the hands of the Pakistanis during Partition.

Now how will he feel when he , after suffereing so much due to terror,war etc due to this enmity, hears the same Punjabis for whom he suffered saying ,"Look we don't need you..I would have been better off there"..?

My honest opinion is "Go F*** yourself".

did punjabis ever tell u to consider pakistanis ur enemies???u r again missing the point...

i would try to understand it if i there was some....

Seems logic and reason escape you, should have got that fact from very first post itself.

stop insulting other cultures , i never referred to tamils as pesky

Very well genius, now explain the reason behind handpicking Tamils out of all ethnicities.

I feel very sad for 'raavan' even though i'm not a punjabi but a Karachiti still i would like to say that common innocent peoples who really want to visit Pakistan should be given visa on very easy terms.

Seems logic and reason escape you, should have got that fact from very first post itself.

Very well genius, now explain the reason behind handpicking Tamils out of all ethnicities.

coz they are geographically one of the most far away states einstein??? need to simplify further

did punjabis ever tell u to consider pakistanis ur enemies???u r again missing the point...

OMFG. :hitwall:

It was automatically incumbent upon us once you chose to become a part of India. No one goes about telling "Hey you should make this country your enemy because even though they have not harmed you, they have harmed us"...

Any one attacking any of the 1.2 billion Indians is an enemy to the rest of the 1.99 billion Indians. Got it ? So do you think the Madras Regiment,Gorkha regiment, Maratha Regiment,Naga Regiment etc need not fight in any of the wars with Pakistan since they primarily attack only you and not us ? Does that make sense ?

You may talk the same eat the same and look similar but you are a kafir. That's why you are segregated from them.

With pakys you have everything except religion that is common.

You're talking about the Muslim religion. But you forget that India has one of the largest Muslim populations in the world.

When Paksitan hits any part of India with their terror every Indian will consider them to be the enemy.

You may talk the same eat the same and look similar but you are a kafir. That's why you are segregated from them. One of you kind is the Indian pm. He is the leader of Tamils mallus kannadigas and 25 other states . That's what we have in common. With pakys you have everything except religion that is common. One of you cannot become their pm if you wanted to. Be civil to them but remember that you forefathers made a wise decision

well i cannot deny that manmohan singh inspite of being a sikh is PM of India, u cannot deny that sikhs have been butchered as well without any justice being served. which one should i take?

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

When Paksitan hits any part of India with their terror every Indian will consider them to be the enemy.

And what about when Indian hits an Indian.........1984 sikh riots,godhra etc should we consider non sikh fellow indians as enemies as well

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

OMFG. :hitwall:

It was automatically incumbent upon us once you chose to become a part of India. No one goes about telling "Hey you should make this country your enemy because even though they have not harmed you, they have harmed us"...

Any one attacking any of the 1.2 billion Indians is an enemy to the rest of the 1.99 billion Indians. Got it ? So do you think the Madras Regiment,Gorkha regiment, Maratha Regiment,Naga Regiment etc need not fight in any of the wars with Pakistan since they primarily attack only you and not us ? Does that make sense ?

with the amount of insurgencies brewing in india ur logic will divide india in less than a day

I am a Punjabi ( hindu/sikh) . I belong to a small town near Amritsar.Last year, I had the opportunity of going to Wagah Border to see the Flag ceremony. The land and people on the either side of the fence were no different.I could not help but wonder why did punjab( Indian) choose to be a part of India rather than Pakistan or Viceversa for Pakistan punjab....Punjab has its own unique culture which is very similar on either side of the fence to the best of my knowledge.

What I do not understand is why a state like Punjab has to be paired up with other places like tamil naidu or assam.I do not speak tamil,do not understand their culture and probably will never go there since we are 2000kms apart from each other.

You don't speak Balochi, Sindhi, Pashto either! Whats the similarity with them?

If it wasn't for Bengal and Punjab, India probably wouldn't even be partitioned.

If you are trying to say that both the Punjabs should have remained a separate individual country, not with India or Pakistan, then even that would probably not be feasible. Cause it would be a land locked country.

with the amount of insurgencies brewing in india ur logic will divide india in less than a day

Why do you care ? After all you were better off in Pakistan right with your Punjabi Muslim chums who incidentally were massacring your lot left right and centre?

We Indians know how to manage ourselves.

well i cannot deny that manmohan singh inspite of being a sikh is PM of India, u cannot deny that sikhs have been butchered as well without any justice being served. which one should i take?

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

And what about when Indian hits an Indian.........1984 sikh riots,godhra etc should we consider non sikh fellow indians as enemies as well

What are your issues actually? If it's Sikh riot the use the relevant thread, if it's your cultural affinity with Pakistani Punjabis and lack of that with other Indians, then stick to topic.

Back
Top Bottom