What's new

The confused liberal

So I would say liberalism involves acts of omission and commission.

(i) Where you don't agree with a lifestyle like gay, differant religion, differant lifestyles you must not let those feelings hinder those groups. This is act of omission.

(ii) Where those who want to impose their worldview which would involve restricting everybodies right to lead diverging lives like extreme right wing neo nazis who would ban Islam and multicultural society you must oppose and do everything against these people to stop them from prevailing. This is act of commision.

It is not even as complex as that. Liberalism is simply "live, and let live".

Obfuscation is what the radicals try to do, and fail every time. Every damn time. :D

You know in another time and another reality Islam could have been a liberals best friend what with "your religion unto you and mine unto me" which sorta equates to your "live and let live".

Sadly neanderathals have given that interpretation another meaning which is "my religion unto me and my religion unto you as well if you know what is good for you".

Ps. Now that I have managed to thoroughly confuse myself I leave the thread as a "confused liberal" :-)

I'm a liberal, and I respect people's opinions. However I will never support anyone who tries to limit freedom, be it right wing or left wing.

There is nothing liberal or confused about me.

If a conservative makes the mistake of stepping on my turf.

At the heart of it, people are either pussies (cats) or alphas.

The pussies (cats) get further subdivided by some into beta and deltas and various other tribal/herd/pride sub-groups.

Fact is, do you have a set and a spine to hang it from, or do you not.

My considered contribution to the topic.

Cheers, Doc

Yes Jinah was proud Muslim unlike corrupt traitor liberals who have sold Pakistan for dollars and a bottle of wine

Jinnah was a liberal.

And if Jinnah lived today in Pakistan, some, as found on this thread, might even have called him a confused liberal.

He liked his tipple and pork. He dressed like a "gori chamdi." In many ways he was a gori chamdi brown saab. And he married a woman not of the book.

So who's confused?

Jinnah or some/many Pakistanis today?

Last edited:
There is nothing liberal or confused about me.

If a conservative makes the mistake of stepping on my turf.

At the heart of it, people are either pussies (cats) or alphas.

The pussies (cats) get further subdivided by some into beta and deltas and various other tribal/herd/pride sub-groups.

Fact is, do you have a set and a spine to hang it from, or do you not.

My considered contribution to the topic.

Cheers, Doc

Jinnah was a liberal.

And if Jinnah lived today in Pakistan, some, as found on this thread, might even have called him a confused liberal.

He liked his tipple and pork. He dressed like a "gori chamdi." In many ways he was a gori chamdi brown saab. And he married a woman not of the book.

So who's confused?

Jinnah or some/many Pakistanis today?
Jinah was no where close to be a liberal no he wasn't. Jinah and Iqbal were very clear in their vision and what kind of country they wanted and that country was never meant to be secular

Jinah was no where close to be a liberal no he wasn't. Jinah and Iqbal were very clear in their vision and what kind of country they wanted and that country was never meant to be secular

I have no argument with you there.

But read the OP and superimpose the arguments there on what we know as irrefutable facts about Jinnah, and you might well have a confused liberal.

No Indian has any illusions about what Jinnah really was, so rest easy there.

I have no argument with you there.

But read the OP and superimpose the arguments there on what we know as irrefutable facts about Jinnah, and you might well have a confused liberal.

No Indian has any illusions about what Jinnah really was, so rest easy there.
Those are not facts delusions some call him liberal because he wore suits guess what even Hizbul Tahrir guys wear suits and also Zakir Naik and many others cut the crap when you don't know things stop talking. Jinah was far away from being a liberal

Those are not facts delusions some call him liberal because he wore suits guess what even Hizbul Tahrir guys wear suits and also Zakir Naik and many others cut the crap when you don't know things stop talking. Jinah was far away from being a liberal

He ate pork.

Drank liquor.

Married a Zoroastrian Parsi.

And by all unbiased accounts, was hardly religious.

You cut the crap.

Cheers, Doc

He ate pork.

Drank liquor.

Married a Zoroastrian Parsi.

You cut the crap.

Cheers, Doc
He never ate pork and he left drinking in last twenty years and the girl he married converted to Islam than he married her and he threw his daughter out for marrying a non Muslim you need to stop coming up with lies and lies and lies.

He never ate pork and he left drinking in last twenty years and the girl he married converted to Islam than he married her and he threw his daughter out for marrying a non Muslim you need to stop coming up with lies and lies and lies.

His daughter rejected him. And remained Indian.

The rest is really not my concern.

His daughter rejected him. And remained Indian.

The rest is really not my concern.
He threw his daughter out and rejected her for marrying a non Muslim so stop spreading lies

And Jinnah disowned his daughter for marrying a Parsi. So? Was he really a liberal?

Was his daughter there by his bedside when he was dying?

Yes ? No ?

Threw his daughter out? From where?

He left India.

She remained home.

And traveled to Pakistan for the first time only for his funeral in 1948.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom