What's new

The Concept of the Pan-Malay Union: A discussion

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I invite the Indonesian, Malaysian, Indonesia, Bruneians to this thread. This is a question to all of you , dear ladies and gentlemen, is there a concept of Pan-Malay Union in your societies?

Is there a movement that calls for the union of all Malay nations into one ?

I do know, from my readings of Indonesian history, that there was a concept of 'Melayu Raya', or 'Greater Malaya', which was espoused by early leaders such as Muhammand Yammin during the 1920s. In the Philippines, Dr. Jose Rizal also espoused of a Malay Brotherhood. So there is that historical premise.

I invite the Indonesian, Malaysian, Indonesia, Bruneians to this thread. This is a question to all of you , dear ladies and gentlemen, is there a concept of Pan-Malay Union in your societies?

Is there a movement that calls for the union of all Malay nations into one ?

I do know, from my readings of Indonesian history, that there was a concept of 'Melayu Raya', or 'Greater Malaya', which was espoused by early leaders such as Muhammand Yammin during the 1920s. In the Philippines, Dr. Jose Rizal also espoused of a Malay Brotherhood. So there is that historical premise.

Malaysian Chinese here.
1. No
2. No, same bigotry in Hong Kong chinese. Malays here look down on Indonesian despite same race. If you can read social media, mudslinging everywhere. For example: Malaysial a.k.a "Malay Sial". Sial is a derogatory word.
3. Yeah we read that in our school textbook but i;m not scholarly. You have to ask more specific. Not a single politician is advocating it in Malaysia.

Malays in indonesia are mostly on most Sumatra island, and there is the Achehnese on the north and the Javanese on Java Island. I totally cant understand Javanese.

Dunno about much about Brunei. Heard like its really boring place to visit. And no houses taller than the palace. Very rich state.

IF you ask me, Malaysia are moving towards Arab culturally. Indonesian much moderate.

Most of Indonesian will chose to Bombing KL and Putrajaya along with their Petronas tower to the ground and left them in ruins rather than to joining with them in Pan-Malaya stuff

Most of Indonesian will chose to Bombing KL and Putrajaya along with their Petronas tower to the ground and left them in ruins rather than to joining with them in Pan-Malaya stuff

Really? Would you say that Indonesia has better relations with Brunei and Philippines than Malaysia? Or ...

Really? Would you say that Indonesia has better relations with Brunei and Philippines than Malaysia? Or ...

better with Singapore than with Malaysia. For the reasons, much of Indonesian peoples regarding Malaysia as traitor and backstabber when Indonesia goes ill in 1998 to 2004 era they backstabbing us not only once but more than thrice.

better with Singapore than with Malaysia. For the reasons, much of Indonesian peoples regarding Malaysia as traitor and backstabber when Indonesia goes ill in 1998 to 2004 era they backstabbing us not only once but more than thrice.

Very interesting. I have a question for you Ms. @madokafc , is there really a big difference from Javanese language to Bahasa Malay? It was my assumption that Bahasa Indonesian was based off Javanese. Can you clarify with me?

Been to indonesia before, Indonesian ask me before why Malaysian terrorist bomb Indonesia instead of their own country.

Malaysian Chinese here.
1. No
2. No, same bigotry in Hong Kong chinese. Malays here look down on Indonesian despite same race. If you can read social media, mudslinging everywhere. For example: Malaysial a.k.a "Malay Sial". Sial is a derogatory word.
3. Yeah we read that in our school textbook but i;m not scholarly. You have to ask more specific. Not a single politician is advocating it in Malaysia.

Malays in indonesia are mostly on most Sumatra island, and there is the Achehnese on the north and the Javanese on Java Island. I totally cant understand Javanese.

Dunno about much about Brunei. Heard like its really boring place to visit. And no houses taller than the palace. Very rich state.

IF you ask me, Malaysia are moving towards Arab culturally. Indonesian much moderate.

I think the people of Sabah and Sarawak are closer to the Tausug of the Philippines. Even in Kota Kinabalu, the dialect they use is similar to Tausug language.

Malaysia cannot afford to isolate its minorities; the Indians and Chinese. They should be more tolerant like the Indonesians, which is like an empire, really. There are hundreds of ethnicities there, and no Bumiputera.

Been to indonesia before, Indonesian ask me before why Malaysian terrorist bomb Indonesia instead of their own country.

I think you are referring to Islamiyah Jeramiyah terror cells. In that case, they don't recognize national borders. They want to carve an Islamic state in the Malay archipelago.

Which makes no sense to me since Malaysia , Indonesia and Brubei are all Muslim majority nations.

Very interesting. I have a question for you Ms. @madokafc , is there really a big difference from Javanese language to Bahasa Malay? It was my assumption that Bahasa Indonesian was based off Javanese. Can you clarify with me?

it was much different, Javanese language is come from Sanskrit and Hindu verda roots they have some similarity in gramatical, writings and some vocab with old Thais and old Khmer language. Bahasa Indonesia language is come from Riau and southern Sumatran Malays language, in which has been chosen as Indonesian National Language because at the time it was the most neutral and widely used by numerous Indonesian ethnics because they have been used for centuries by merchants around South East Asia. Bahasa at first is mostly written in Arabs, and then we are using Latin style to make them more easier to be learned and distributed across the archipelago.

It surprises when both of you are similar people, how Malayasia is a religiously conservative country while Indonesia is not.

it was much different, Javanese language is come from Sanskrit and Hindu verda roots they have some similarity in gramatical, writings and some vocab with old Thais and old Khmer language. Bahasa Indonesia language is come from Riau and southern Sumatran Malays language, in which has been chosen as Indonesian National Language because at the time it was the most neutral and widely used by numerous Indonesian ethnics because they have been used for centuries by merchants around South East Asia. Bahasa at first is mostly written in Arabs, and then we are using Latin style to make them more easier to be learned and distributed across the archipelago.

Thank you for that explanation, I really appreciate it. And very interesting to see that Indonesia selected a neutral language for all to use. That's what I admire about Indonesia, they have a culture that focuses on inclusivity. Tho Jakarta could have chosen Javanese as the national language (since Java is the heart of Indonesia), they decided on Bahasa.

I think the people of Sabah and Sarawak are closer to the Tausug of the Philippines. Even in Kota Kinabalu, the dialect they use is similar to Tausug language.

Malaysia cannot afford to isolate its minorities; the Indians and Chinese. They should be more tolerant like the Indonesians, which is like an empire, really. There are hundreds of ethnicities there, and no Bumiputera.

I think you are referring to Islamiyah Jeramiyah terror cells. In that case, they don't recognize national borders. They want to carve an Islamic state in the Malay archipelago.

Which makes no sense to me since Malaysia , Indonesia and Brubei are all Muslim majority nations.

for the parts i bold, that's another reasons why Indonesian hate Malaysian Malays with their Bumiputra Policy. We had enough experience with those kind of segregationist policy and pay dearly for those mistakes

Originally it wasn't. Go read "Project IC" in wikipedia. I can't post link. To explain why so many Filipino in Sabah.

Sabah, in 1963
  • 32% Kadazandusuns,
  • 23% Chinese,
  • 15.8% Other Muslims,
  • 13.1% Bajaus,
  • 5.5% Indonesians
  • 4.9% Muruts,
  • 1.6% Filipinos and
  • 0.4% Malay.
Sabah 2006
  • 25% Non-citizens,
  • 17.76% Kadazandusuns,
  • 14.62% Other Bumiputras,
  • 13.4% Bajaus,
  • 11.48% Malays,
  • 9.6% Chinese,
  • 4.8% Others,
  • 3.3% Muruts.

It surprises when both of you are similar people, how Malayasia is a religiously conservative country while Indonesia is not.

Maye difference is that Malaysia is a monarchy , and stresses their predominant culture of the monarch , religion etc. whereas Indonesia is a Republic. I think there were kings in Indonesia such as Yogyakarta kingdom, but they have no political power. Can you explain for us? @Indos , @madokafc , @Reashot Xigwin , @Brainsucker ?

Last edited:

Indonesia using Nationalism turf and war of Independence against Dutch to create our National identity, both of them can't be attributed with some races or religions because at the times all of Indonesian fight against colonialism. But the Malaysian Malays can't do that, they have been granted their freedom through some British policy to liberated all of their colonies, and then some of their politician came up with an idea to using some Religion as Malaysian National identity.

Thank you for that explanation, I really appreciate it. And very interesting to see that Indonesia selected a neutral language for all to use. That's what I admire about Indonesia, they have a culture that focuses on inclusivity. Tho Jakarta could have chosen Javanese as the national language (since Java is the heart of Indonesia), they decided on Bahasa.

we just thinking about the practicality of using the already widely learned language as our National identity and using that as our turf to create an atmosphere if Indonesia is has been created because the will of all peoples not just some ethnics or religions.

Back
Top Bottom